Kizoku Tantei

• Rating: Not Yet Rated

• Members: 559
MachiavellismX
Jul 19, 2017
When I first read the description of the Drama, I was pretty much prejudiced.
The Noble Detective seemed very unlikable and the female detective seemed almost too human in comparison.
But once you finish the first episode it's actually enjoyable to watch. You have to be open for a bit of humor and strange characters (for example the servants of the Noble Detective).

This Drama has actually a nice way of solving mysteries: Takatoku Aika is always enthusiastic and tries her best, but is often wrong in her conclusions. Her deductions are pretty obvious and it reminds me of “hobby detectives”, like we, the viewers, are. The Noble Detective, in comparison, doesn't seem to do much, but is always right. Well, that's not quite right. His servants take the active role in solving crimes (… right? Who knows... maybe to put on a show? Hehe).

Kizoku Tantei is easy to watch. That's it. It's not a masterpiece, because the mysteries are not very ingenious, but it has it's own cute charm.
One point is a bit unfortunate: the cast is almost too splendid for such a light stoyline.

OldAnimeLady
This show was difficult for me to complete and I skipped a lot of the "Main plot" just to follow the part I was slightly interested.  This was my first Aiba Misaki drama with him as the lead that I have watched so I wanted to be fair.  The ending was satisfactory to the plot line I was following but It took a long, grueling 11 episodes to get there.

To be honest I dislike this style of detective show (both I have dropped are of this format Meitantei no Okite and MONSTERS not even Matsuda and Yamapi could make me finish them). If you like this sort of thing though the the acting is well done and the music is Arashi so of course its good.