Paragit Ruk Series: Yeut Fah Ha Pigat Ruk (2017) poster

Nguyen Do
Oct 25, 2017
I like this part the best out of the series: the script, the cast, the music,etc. The script is nicely written, to me it's annoying when the drama enhaces twist/misperharp too much or portray the character personality too strong, this one is enough. For eg: in few eps (mostly in a few first ones), N'rek is sometimes too aggressive and hasty but it's understandable under the circumstances and it doesn't last too long/go overboard; for P'ek he is reticent controlling type of person but like N'ek it lasts for enough and ends nicely.
  Some ppl don't like Mick with Steph, but to me I just hella love them together I always see chemistry between those two especially in this drama, even just their eye contact or hug makes my heart drop a beat.

SakuraPanda
Jan 5, 2018
This drama was honestly amazing. The story was interesting, albeit a bit unrealistic. I found the male lead and female lead very cute together, and the way they faced trials together was heartwarming. I felt that the male lead's mother and the commanding officer were underdeveloped as characters, but they could have added much more to the lakorn. I actually watched this drama before all the others, but this one is the final in the series. Even if the drama ends up being unappealing to you, the last 40 minutes of the final episode are honestly the best. The camaraderie between the four friends are explored further as we get an idea of how close they really are.

PianoPlayer1
Jan 20, 2019
Decided to write a review from the perspective of someone who didn't think this drama was the best.

STORY: It is a very romantic premise: hunky, beautiful leads are forced into marriage for the female lead's protection, they fall in love, she still cures cancer, etc. The story was entertaining. I liked how they portrayed the female lead as very intelligent in most cases. However, sometimes I still felt like her intelligence was just a plot device to please the progressives. She still had to be saved by the male lead in most situations, and her character is treated with this "women will be women" mentality that I find condescending.
Also, the curing cancer thing. Are the writers really that un-creative? Couldn't they have found a less obvious disease to cure? They could've developed a much more elaborate plot had they invented a cure for some other disease and had less "generalized" terrorists try to steal the cure.
I think what really got me was the portrayal of soldier life. If anyone thinks this is actually how soldiers live, they are being sadly misled. This lakorn portrayed a glamorized version of the life of soldiers; it really isn't all secret missions and hunky men and all that. I laughed out loud at how cheesy and contrived some of the "soldier life" portrayals were.
Also, the plane animation just looked stupid. Reminded me of Top Gun, actually XD

ACTING/CAST: Mik was great, not that it matters. He's such eye candy I'd watch him in anything.
Stephanie's not a bad actress, but I don't think she's incredibly good either. Her portrayal of Irene is simply average.
I fangirled really hard during the Weir scenes. I was so happy to see him XD

MUSIC: I like the main theme with all the hunky men singing, but everything else was kinda meh.

REWATCH VALUE: I probably won't rewatch this one any time soon. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

I understand why people liked this one so much, it just wasn't for me. If you enjoy romances between a hunky guy and a lovely lady and don't care about overdramatizations of events and glamorizing things that really aren't that glamorous, go for it. If not, look elsewhere.

bzoen
Jun 1, 2018
I honestly can’t describe how great this drama is. The storyline’s good, it’s the perfect mix of action and romance. This must be my favorite Thai-drama, because the chemistry between the main characters is amazing and they’re both very good actors, they really got me wishing for someone like, Captain! :)
If you’re looking for a drama that will take you on a roller-coaster, but will also leave you speechless because of the hidden messages to encourage you to never lose hope, then give this one a try and l promise you that you won’t regret it!