Gakeppuchi Hotel (2018) poster

• Tags: Hotel
  • Rating: 13+ - Teens 13 or older

MistyCloud22
Jul 29, 2018
I love Japanese dramas for its quirky stories and this is definitely one of them. All the characters are nice and never fail to put a smile on your face. Just like most Japanese dramas it has more of a laid back feel which is why it is nice to watch after a long day. The story is not very special but it is executed well. The ending would make a few unhappy but when I think about it, the ending suited the flow of this drama. I would recommend people to watch it for the cute characters and sweet story
Queajy
Sep 6, 2019
I appreciate this drama so much. I first started it expecting it to be a sad and very serious story! but what I found was a lighthearted, funny, full of lessons drama. Such a banger!!

I liked the story line, all the characters and how they were built up, the story is not that original but how they executed is was what made me appreciate the effort. Even the last episode how things unfolded was not expected, I expected a more dramatic full of problems ending but it was actually funny and emotional in a different scale.

I deducted minus points for acting bc I didn't like the front desk guy's face + acting, sometimes Iwata's acting also bc he always had the same expression when things were emotional lol

Overall, I like this drama, I like Nakamura Tomoya's character the best

Dropped 2/10
Misaka Mikoto
Jan 17, 2019
Dropped 1
Good lord, the overacting in this. I would say that Toda Erika was the only sane person in this show except that she somehow agreed to be in it.

The overacting was acutely cringeworthy, far surpassing that seen in the likes of Tamiou or Keibuho Yabe Kenzô. And it’s unfortunate, because episode 2 centered on one of those deeply human moments that made seasons 1 and 2 of Code Blue so compelling. Regrettably, the brick-to-the-face acting of everyone but Erika made this unwatchable.

I have friends (heck, family members) who won’t watch Asian dramas because of the Japanese reputation for overacting. I have never had much of a problem with what on reflection I suppose some Americans would see as overacting—Nodame Cantabile, Gokusen, good ol’ Moriyama-sensei from DOCTORS—but this show crossed the line for me and my spouse; in fact it stepped so far beyond it that had we watched any longer it would have retroactively sullied Ryo’s spellbinding performance in Code Blue.