Beautiful Vampire (2018) poster

Vampires - (movies)
waiting for release (?)

chalbarczyk
Nov 24, 2018
It would seem that it is a classic romantic comedy, but the subtle details make it an indie movie, well, an indie vampire movie.

A plot is very simple: the vampire girl Ran (played by Jung Yeon Joo) met the boy (played by Song Kang), the boy’s scent wakes up Ran's thirst for blood, which she has suppressed for 500 years. Will she be able to love him? Will he fill her loneliness?

The movie is very minimalistic, only a few characters appear on the screen, nevertheless in this simple framework the director managed to present the subtlety of the emotional life of Ran, ridiculous greed of landlord, sweet romance and kiss, old friendship of vampire and butcher, and sophisticated humor which makes me laugh.

Cinematography is excellent! Colours, lights and music are so beautiful!

It’s unique, sensitive, easy and naive. I loved it! I give 10/10 although someone may find the movie odd. I think I didn’t watch anything like that, and there’s a satisfying and amusing point to this story: the vampire lived for 500 years but still she doesn’t know everything.

H Y U K I D A
Dec 26, 2018
Don't expect much, I admit this is not for all people. Heard a lot of bad reviews from the comments, saying it's boring and a waste of time. Others found it disappointing. The first 10 minutes was odd to be honest, because I expected a serious vampire gore movie (kissasian even had the melodrama tag on it). But as the film went on, I actually became interested in the main characters (esp. So Nyeon) because they were funny.

Plot: 6.5/10
It's more like a parody rather a serious one (as we all thought). This movie gave an indie feel and I liked the calendar shots which signifies a new chapter. I loved the story between Ran and So Nyeon. The story was funny in it's own way. The overall plot is light and sweet. I think people would actually like this if it was written better. The ending was loose and plot-holes everywhere, they didn't even bother explaining Jin Yi's character and suddenly she appears in the end without context. But humor-wise, this got me.

There is this one scene that really caught my eye (around 50 min mark). I think it was what made me love the movie. IT REALLY MADE MY HEART MELT together with the bgm that was playing.

Cast: 9.5/10
To the people saying their acting was bad: I THINK IT WAS INTENTIONAL. This movie only had 4-5 actors in it but it's more than enough. I'd watch this even if it only had Jung Yeon Joo and Song Kang in it. Ran was quite naive despite being in the world for 500 years. So Nyeon was extremely funny and playful. The way he mixes up his English and Korean lmao. Song Kang gives me Yook Sung Jae/ Rowoon(SF9) feels. I think I'm attached?? Both MCs were cute, I LOVE BOTH OF THEM.

Music: 10/10
THE OST IS RIDICULOUSLY CUTE. And there is this scene I mentioned above ^^ (watch and you'll know) which was pleasing and the bgm gave it a different mood.

Rewatch Value: 10/10
I watched this 3 more times after watching it the first time. This is good for some light watching. It's an easy watch and I like this kind of indie comedy, just my style. Or maybe I keep watching because of Song Kang?

Overall: 9/10

Feb 15, 2019
A short movie about a vmapire and a mortal, this one had an interesting concept at least. Though it didn't have much time to progress, the romance seemed to have potential. However, it was rushed. The story overall was fast paced, as they tried to pack too many elements in one plot. The atmosphere, however, was nicely presented and the performances were good from every actor and actress and, especially, from the leading lady, who was adorable overall and her acting was just what this character needed, as she could have easily went overboard. So, my final rating is four out of ten.

BubblesofRandomness
Jul 11, 2019
This is a short film (not much longer than an hour) and as you can probably guess from the title, it's about a vampire. A 500-year-old vampire catches the scent of her long-dead female companion but it comes from a very modern, young man. Will she be able to control herself around him? A very cute & quirky short film which I absolutely love. It starts off as a bit of a comedy but turns into a super sweet love story. Song Kang is so adorable as the young man who becomes attracted to a beautiful woman he doesn't realise is a vampire. Okay, it's not without its shortcomings, some strands of the plot are not developed as fully as they might be in a longer film but for a short film (and I don't usually watch short films) it tells a wonderful story & I was left wanting more. This may have been better as a drama to develop the characters & story more but I personally hope there will be a sequel, I loved it that much!

Life is good
Nov 11, 2019
So boring story ,so dull ,no love emotion and his mother do not look funny though they tried to show her funny ,they should show sone scene between son and mother to show little bit connectivity but something was not there ...Every part was so dull . What I like that was his dialogue having english sentence and when spoke that scene looked little funny but rest was boring.
He looked so handsome and his acting was also good .... Actually the story was also not powerful.
Very few characters in a drama ,movie revolve around the three chara tera that is it .
Acting was good but male character is the best among them

ForeverFanatic
Nov 12, 2019
Honestly I wasn't expecting much going in but within a minute or two I was hooked by the overall feeling. The first minute perfectly sets the feeling of the rest of the movie.

After watching a terribly shot and poorly acted film this one stuck out all the more. The characters were a bit over the top, but based on everything else about the movie this seems to be a stylistic choice.

If you're looking for either heavy romance or bloodthirsty vamps this one probably won't be for you.

Jan 17, 2019
A vampire's thirst for blood is aroused after 500 years! Light hearted and funny. It takes the theme of vampires and makes fun of it in an artistic way. He uses tongue in cheek humor. This movie is not a serious vampire movie for those looking for a hardcore movie similar to the Vampire Prosecutor or Vampire Detective. So why complaining about a fun movie is not a serious drama? I wanted it to be longer. Despite its appealing cocktail of quirky conventions and genre, Beautiful Vampire never goes beyond its modest ambitions as a lightweight combination of popular genre conventions and dramatic drama. Even a splendid 72 minutes, it does not take too long for the less demanding story and the simplistic characters to fall into repetitive patterns. A little more narrative ambition would have been a welcome addition to Jung's creative vision. Maybe next time.

PsychosinnerWokeAsian
Jul 24, 2019
Here's proof that I do like romantic comedy if it's done this well. XD
Song Kang is such a puppy lmao everything about this movie from start to finish deserves a full ten rating! So heartfelt and real and hilarious! No annoying females and the comedy is over the top but not in any way that bugs you, it's all done so well. Absolutely my favorite rom com with a touch of melodrama and every character I was in love with. Especially Jung Yeon Joo, she played the role of a heartbroken but hopeful vampire so well. The skin ship and the romance was just so beautiful because it was believable. You could feel their bond.