• Last Online: 1 day ago

chalbarczyk

Poland
Room No. 9
Nov 26, 2018
This isn’t a captivating sweet romance, it’s rather dark thriller, but it is worth watching because of an incredibly good and amazing acting. The main thought of the “Room no 9” is betrayal and it’s an original approach to the revenge drama theme.

We read in the synopsis that the heroines change their bodies. This idea doesn’t immediately have to inspire our trust, but really there is nothing cheesy here. This is the only beginning of discovering secrets and facing the truth. A greatly played and constructed thriller for all who like good written characters and an absorbing, unexpected story.

On the one hand, we have a thriller with a motive of betrayal and revenge and on the other, some lighter humorous scenes (with assistants), and even a completely unexpected announcement of a romance. The plot is entangled, the story turns back every moment, and the script doesn’t give any hint to what will happen next, really not a clue! And, of course, our hearts are broken many times of the betrayal. And Hae Yi says: All people dream of “always”, but only shards of memory exist in each moment. In regards to love there is no “always”.

An original scenario requires extraordinary skills from actors, and everyone did great job here. So we watch famous actors in unconventional roles. The two main actresses must both play cold witch Eulji Hae Yi and passive and naive Jang Hwa Sa. Kim Young Kwang (as fiancee) and Oh Dae Hwan (as detective) have probably never played such serious and mature characters before. This was a great opportunity to show their skills and also charm. And I have to say that I even prefer charming detective.
Even Lee Kyoung Young, who always plays morally corrupt chairman, here as Ki San is multidimensional and deep and he is fascinating!, his love to his son (played by Jung Jae Won) touches my heart.

Maybe there is no great song in the drama, but an instrumental music is really good.

It is a great adventure for everyone who loves thrillers, revenge drama with a bit funny moments. Sometimes a dark, criminal drama has no hope for humor, romance, warm and friendly relationship but not this one. We can be surprised and frightened of the story, but also consoled by the warm friendship and love.
Maybe someone doesn’t like the complicated plot or the idea of body changing – but still it has to be said: actors play very well and it is pleasure to watch their characters. Drama is strong and captivating from the start to the end. If you want to watch something good – try this, you will be not disappointed.

Beautiful Vampire
Nov 24, 2018
It would seem that it is a classic romantic comedy, but the subtle details make it an indie movie, well, an indie vampire movie.

A plot is very simple: the vampire girl Ran (played by Jung Yeon Joo) met the boy (played by Song Kang), the boy’s scent wakes up Ran's thirst for blood, which she has suppressed for 500 years. Will she be able to love him? Will he fill her loneliness?

The movie is very minimalistic, only a few characters appear on the screen, nevertheless in this simple framework the director managed to present the subtlety of the emotional life of Ran, ridiculous greed of landlord, sweet romance and kiss, old friendship of vampire and butcher, and sophisticated humor which makes me laugh.

Cinematography is excellent! Colours, lights and music are so beautiful!

It’s unique, sensitive, easy and naive. I loved it! I give 10/10 although someone may find the movie odd. I think I didn’t watch anything like that, and there’s a satisfying and amusing point to this story: the vampire lived for 500 years but still she doesn’t know everything.

Miss Hammurabi
Jul 11, 2018
Despite the poor acting of Go Ara, drama is exceptionally good.
The visual side is extremely sophisticated. On the wall in judges` room there is a painting of Goya and some variation on the theme of "Dance" by Henri Matisse. The script is outstanding and dialogues are intelligent. Anyone who is looking for a wise story and a wise commentary on life will find it here.
Thanks to the fact that drama is based on the novel of Moon Yoo Seok, it has a depth of character and thoughtful problems. It asks the question of what a justice is, what is the power of public opinion and money? And a very important one: is always a poor the victim?

Judges:
Judge Park, played by Go Ara – she could have played uncompromising heroine better.
Judge Im, played by Kim Myung Soo – his acting is really good. He plays the character who is straightforward, confident, and in control of the feelings, but at the same time seeking the truth about himself, about his true motivations.
Young judges have a great chemistry, I can even say that drama is full of electrifying romance, although they barely talking to each other and keep the distance between themselves almost all the time.
Sung Dong Il is my favorite actor. His judge Han is so warm and family man, but on the other hand very emotional, who instantly fights for justice.
Go Ara is holding back from hysterical sobbing, (perhaps the director prohibited it and he even jokes about her constant crying, when he recommends her to take eye drops). I may only hope that Kim Myung Soo will not learn bad acting from her.

The mood of “Miss Hammurabi”:
The characters are very natural and this is a big advantage of the drama. The ajummas in the market are portrayed very well, thanks to a few scenes we can feel their loneliness, moving warmth and straight humor. Filming is natural, full of bright and bland sepia and I like the soundtrack.

I give 8 for acting because of the only one expression of Go Ara`s face (who always looks like she is about to cry in a moment), but 10 for the whole, because it's a very good drama!

Dec 25, 2018
It’s a very simple and short classic drama. The style of narration resembles a documentary because of the fragmentary nature of the story and cold light of the filming. We watch Young Joo (played by Park Yoo Na) and Sung Chan (played by Kim Min Seok) as members of the curling team playing on the ice. We can hear the stones slide on the ice and strike against each other as if we were present and watching the match.

Youn Joo is always angry and we don’t know why. Her frustration and anger escalates, and she can’t escape from emotions of the past. The relationship of the main leads could develop smoothly, but it doesn't. The problem of the guilt and redemption, dealing with conflicting feelings, avoiding confrontation with that what happened, make this drama to be something deeper.

It’s a good drama and acting of Park Yoo Na and Kim Min Seok is very natural and convincing, but what is interesting in this is the director’s job. If you like a bit artistic and minimalist drama special, you may like this one too.

Feel Good To Die
Dec 28, 2018
There are so many different versions of the plot because of time loops that I stopped counting them.

Baek Jin Hee is undoubtedly the QUEEN of the drama and fits her role like no other. I was laughing every time, when I saw her face and her look, she was so funny! The handsome actors also did the great job, especially the evil one, In Gyo Jin.

It’s a light, nice and funny drama but in the meantime we have some issue of company, employment, workers, dreams and desires. And, yes, the main idea is the justice in work.

The music is fantastic and energetic.

Watching this you will be dragged into the time loop, so you may watch the drama many times. Enjoy!

The Guest
Nov 9, 2018
After “The Guest” the world will not be as it used to be.

There is no doubt that this is a masterpiece: it’s terrifying, scary and weird, but the most scary thing is that it is real and true. Drama portraits possessed people and makes them suggestively authentic; it presents the way how human become possessed by evil and what the way of escape is.
We get to know the protagonists and their characters very slowly. They seem to be weak, and the evil seems to be powerful. But heroes’ imperfect nature attracts our attention and sympathy.

Every episode is frightening, dark and intense, but the last one is… so beautiful. The friendship of priest, taxi driver and cop is unique and special. Surprisingly it is the story about being human, about facing up to the difficulties, about sacrifice and faith. It seems to be a horror, but after watching it I am very optimistic and I think positive about people.

Music turns the drama into the horror. Let’s say the truth: everything is terrifying there . I was able to watch it only during the day, in the night it was too scary...
Certainly 10/10, this is one of the best drama I have ever seen! If you want to watch a deep and interesting friendship, or a lovely sea landscape, or awful zombies - you must watch "The Guest"!

Lawless Attorney
Jul 2, 2018
It's quite a nice drama, if you can call nice a gangster action series.
Who is the king of this drama?
Lee Joon Ki? - yeah, he is not bad. He fights well and he likes it, moreover everyone there likes to fight with fists. But his legal romance is not sweet and not convincing.
The evil judge Cha played by Lee Hye Young? She`s not bad, well, yes, she is bad: cold, calculating, manipulating, distinguished and cruel. However, she doesn't arouse profound disgust and she doesn't truly frighten us.
Seo Ye Ji as female lawyer? Unfortunately no. She was an amazing princess in Hwarang and acting in sagueks with long hair suits her better.
Then, who is the king? The bad guy.
Choi Min Soo gave a really good performance. His An O Joo is a gangster from a provincial town, a murderer, a parvenus who dreams about himself in a better future. He is cruel, threatening and terrifying, but on the other hand he is like a beggar or a dog who asks for praise and acceptance. He has my all attention and I wish he would be a hero in his town.

Drama has rather a light style. There are gang wars, some politics, some court hearings, some secrets, some plot twists and a bit of romance, but generally it's drama of action. The story is ok, but the cast is not very good for this story: the main character should be ugly and smart and female lead should be smart and beautiful. The cinematography is excellent. The music is ok. The young Bong Sang Pil (Lee Ro Woon) is cute.

If you are tired of long, boring romances, heartbreaking scenes, great tragedies - watch this drama. And if you love Lee Joon Ki and SeoYe Ji in any role – of course, watch this drama.

Kingdom
Jan 26, 2019
Mostly on the screen appear shambles and slaughter.
It’s a kind of concept. The more slaughter and dead body - the better.

I don’t think that the story is addictive and interesting. It’s rather simple and uninspired. The characters are flat. It’s difficult to bond with anyone here.

But it’s watchable because of Joo Ji Hoon. His performance is brilliant! I like his prince who in the beginning of the story is confused and uncertain, but later, after some battles with zombies, becomes a true lead. The other acting is just okay. Nothing special. Definitely it’s too short (6 ep.) to develop plots and characters.
I don’t like the music. It would seem that especially music would create the dark mood and fear in the zombies world, but no. Not in this case.

If you don’t like a story that stopped and doesn’t run anywhere, do not watch it and wait for the next season.
Maybe the next season will be better, who knows.

Dae Jang Geum is Watching
Nov 26, 2018
Review contains spoilers about impersonatings of the boss!

Yummy drama!
I love everything in this amazing drama and I must write a review, because you can’t miss watching it! It is funny, amusing, positive and sweet.

This is drama about cooking with detailed recipes for good food, and I stopped the episode to write them down. But also we have lovable characters here: three siblings Han with “superpowers of cooking”, the girl (Bok Seung A) with another “superpower” and coworkers in the company, and Min Hyuk (who plays Min Hyuk). Interactions between characters are funny and enjoyable, everyone loves eating and everyone is slightly unconventional. There is a lot of romance, but I think none of them is stright stereotypical.

One of the best part of the drama are “stolen scenes”. Their ridiculous chief (played by Jung Yi Rang) in every episode plays the role of famous heroine whom we know from the world cinematography. She has a full costume and characterization and that idea is amazing! I laugh my head off!
She plays Kim Tae Ri from Mr Sunshine when she talk about “love” (I’m dying…)
Also she plays Sharone Stone from “Basic Instinct”, with long legs, when she is smoking a cigarette (I can’t stop myself from laughing)
Also she plays Audrey Hepburn from “Roman Holiday” and Marilyn Monroe (do you imagine this?)
In 8 episode she plays the nation's first love whose name begins with "S"... ha, ha! Of course, she must be also one of anime heroine (she is Usagi!)

I don't know why I enjoy this drama so much. Everything in it is absolutely optimistic! This is a relaxing, light and pleasant entertainment. If you do not expect anything serious or deep or elaborate – you will enjoy it more.

Rebellious Teenagers
May 24, 2019
I watched this movie after reading the review of Life is good and it really deserves a recognition.

It is a beautiful story about growing up, about how teenagers have to deal with family problems, friendship, anger and frustration. All this is told in a beautiful way, because the movie shows in perfect harmony the carelessness of school years, teenage love, violence in family, self-destruction and sweet friendship.
This film among the other Chinese movie I like the most. It has a wonderful visual side, shots and filming are excellent. The director portrayed the complicated emotional life of a girl and a boy. The story is captivating. And there is almost no communist propaganda.
I highly recommend! And you have to watch it to the very end!

Ho Goo's Love
Apr 30, 2019
I'm totally addicted to this drama, I can’t live without Ho Goo!
I expected some stupid rom-com and cliché drama to fill the time and not to think too much. Instead I watched a wise, a bitter-sweet story, surprising, amazing, touching and heartwarming. I laughed and cried in the same time, because it shows a completed life with innocent first love, up and downs, guilt, hope and real problems in relationships.

Why I love it:
I love it because of two faces of twin-sister (Lee Soo Kyung): the beauty one with perfect make up and eloquent, and the other one: warm, friendly and ugly. Her character is captivating and her relation to twin-brother is the most cordial and warm that you can see in dramas.

I love it because of excellent story. It’s socially involved and touches problems that could concern every girl. The story is about love that must struggle and overcome difficulties. Ho Goo who isn’t clever and quick-witted but his sincere and innocent overcome the fear and uncertainty of Do Hee.

I love the baby. (Isn’t the littlest and cutest baby in kdrama?)

I love every character, everyone eventually grew up. They stole my heart for good. The life that isn’t easy becomes worth to live.

I love Ho Goo, played by Choi Woo Shik. He is praised for his dark role in “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion”, but here as naive, sweet boy is seductive and charming.

I love wonderful love story, or better to say love stories, because emotional adventures of the lawyer Byun Kang Chul (Im Seul Ong) and twin-sister are twisted, tricky and funny! Is it possible to love BOTH male leads? It happened to me.

Why I don’t like it:
...well, there is no single thing I do not like. But, wait, it is one: drama is too short, I wish I could meet my lovely protagonists for 100 ep.! I miss them already.
Music is extraordinary: Vivaldi, Russian ballads and marches, and Korean optimistic vibes – create unique atmosphere.
Drama is really amazing! Of course I’m not going to be objective, it isn’t a drama to be cold mind and objective! I give 100, it’s the rating scale that is wrong.

If you like ambitious drama with important problem to think about, or you want to see optimistic story about overcoming the difficulties of life, or you want to fall in love with Choi Woo Shik – watch this drama!

A New Leaf
Apr 21, 2019
This Drama has a STORY.

It’s written very well and makes you watching with intense attention. Kim Myung Min is great, his character has two faces, before and after amnesia, and well, it isn’t the only amnesia in this show :)

It’s a classic law drama and there are some difficult and complicated cases with financiers, but also some murders for ‘normal’ viewers. The second half of the drama it’s hard to follow because of heavy financial and economical slang. But we also have some funny moments with Oh Jung Se and then we can breathe a little.

There are two women: Park Min Young—supposed to be a main lead, and fiancee (Chae Jung An). The fiancee is obviously a deeper and more interesting character. The director wants to rescue Park Min Young giving her more screen time, but I think it isn't effective.
Judge Jeon Ji Won (played by Kim Ji Han, loved by everyone Tal Tal) is enigmatic, is he good or bad? You don’t know and you have to wait to the end.

Trying to solve sophisticated financial vocabulary, you can wonder if the screenwriter plays with us and gives us the recipe to create a huge fiscal scam..., but it is not true, right?
I recommend this drama for everyone who loves justice, law, court and handsome judges.

Magic Bottle
Apr 19, 2019
This is a very, very short drama, probably it’s the shortest drama ever.

But surprisingly there are many things to talk about. First of all it’s an artistic project, with unrestricted and free directing (and very small budget), and that’s why this mini-drama is original and sophisticated. The main motive is…a bottle recycling with a fantasy idea of jinn in the bottle.

The plot is rather complicated: we can watch the romance, moral dilemma, supernatural being, comedy and irony, the theme of reusing bottles… what can we not find in 8 min. episode?

I really like this plenty of contents and light, ironical style of the drama.

I can rewatch it anytime, because it’s only 8 minutes long for each episode.
I give 10/10, because it isn’t a classic and serious drama, but rather an experimental one which shows the ability of the director Kim Jung Hoon and I like the result.

Call of the Country
Apr 17, 2019
Miss Oh, secret agent by chance, is my favorite heroine!

If you are looking for something intense, bloody revenge or emotional roller coaster –it’s not here.
There is no distressing drama, no mix genre: it’s a classic detective (or spy) comedy with a small, sweet romance without tragedy (“Fiery Priest” is also criminal comedy, but heavy, with tragedy in every episode, and I watch it with fear. “Call of the Country” is a nice change after my dark dramas of 2018).

The acting is great, especially female lead- the cop girl (excellent played by Lee Soo Kyung) is amazing. She is clever, brave, charming and funny. I can’t remember if I’ve seen so good written, NOT annoying heroine.
Has the cop girl a better chemistry with the second lead? No way, the main lead – NIS agent (very well played by Kim Sang Kyung) – is an opposite to her, because he is grumpy, stiff, and everything does by book. They have great interactions, dynamic dialogues and funny misunderstandings. The most interesting is how he tries to keep pace with her. He is forced to do unusually, ridiculous things that even he didn’t think about.

There are also some hilarious scenes and the spies’ family is the funniest idea ever!

If you want to lighten the grim mood or have a funny time I recommend this drama. At present there are some comedy dramas, but most of them are not light – they show serious problems, tragedy in the past and scriptwriters often break viewer’s heart. Then watch this drama and forget about the hardships of life.
It’s a good drama, well directed and well written, it deserves for 8,5 but I enjoy it much, because of the female lead, so I give 10/10.

Jan 21, 2019
The story is about unemployed young man Do Hyeon (played by Im Ji Kyu) who unexpectedly becomes a taekwondo teacher at the school. I like the stories written by Yoo Bo Ra (“Just Between Lovers”, “Youth”, “Yeonu’s Summer”), they show complicated emotional life of her characters, and at the same time they give us a hope that comes from within a human being, from his power of life and rationality. This is the same here.

The narration has a subtle humor, particularly in Do Hyeon’s philosophy of avoiding beating and hitting. He isn’t tall and that’s why there is no chance for him to win in taekwondo. Also the way of filming shows the funny side of the story. The director doesn’t follow the stereotypes so we are not boring of cliché.

I like the acting, especially short scenes with Choi Min Soo and the kid, the actor has really amazing skills to seduce the audience. Also Im Ji Kyu very well portrayed funny, amusing main lead.
It’s optimistic story with positive message build with small pieces of life. I highly recommend.