Just Dance (2018) poster

glassesNeet
Dec 26, 2018
To say I was surprised is an understatement. I walked into this drama without reading the synopsis, but I figured it would be along the lines of Sassy Go Go or School 2017 ( which both leads had supporting roles in).

Story: Definitely real. At moments, heart wrenchingly real. I watched this all in one go, but I think if I had been watching it as it aired I might have had an issue with the pacing of it.

Acting: Superb. Honestly, I wasn't too surprised with the leads. Park Se Wan has always delivered in her support roles, she just has that presence? It was only a matter of time before she landed a lead. Jang Dong Yoon was amazing as well, he's kind of a veteran to the student role (Side Note: I really want to see him in a drama next year where he is not a student - A Poem A Day does NOT count, he's essentially a student). The chemistry between them was lovely. The supporting actors were impressive as well.

Music: Just so sweet. It melded really well within the scenes. The only reason I didn't rate it as a 10 is because there wasn't any song in particular that made me stop the episode to find and download it and then continue on to listen to it a million times.

Rewatch: I loved it, they did an excellent job with this drama. However, for me this isn't the type of drama I could rewatch.

Overall: Just an unexpected treat to find at the end of the year. The only minor thing is - I really don't care for the time skip trope as sometimes its used needlessly. However I think this drama could have made it work in the final episode.

missjb21
Dec 26, 2018
When Your world populated by full of powerfull people, to the point your world makes you feel small, your dream seems so BIG and you seems unable to achieve with of what you have, you face real struggle and the weight seems getting heavier each step you take. The obstacle getting bigger and your small body and mind is no longer can handle it. Without knowing, you are looking the light in a dark of a cave , You seeks Opportunity and hope when you face full of pessimism people that almost take you down. Every people need escapism, These student find their escapism in dancesportsgirls, a club which almost getting eliminated in their school Girls commercial due to less people interested in, and getting overlooked by others. In the end, this club is the one who give them the happiness they crave even if it's just for a brief moment, and the little glory that give their hope up. For every reality you face : Money, powerfull and selfish people, pessimism, bad environment. There is Escapism, and someone/something you can rely on as your grip. Shie EUn has it in Dances sport girls club, Great Teacher, Seung Chan. In this worlds is hard to find it. But when you find it, , try and achieve your dream, so might be someday, you will be the one people could rely on, and become their hope among endless array of pessimism.

This drama have great message. Each episode, you will be an awe of each the storyline and the realism the writers put in each character. This is one of many aspect that makes a drama special. There is a lot of writers who seems excel to create a believable and cohesive story, but they lack soul and heart that make a good story become great. This drama has both from the first scene until the last one credit rolling. without giving us useless gimmick, more focus to the overall narrative . . The only aspect I think is lacking is I wish KBS give the writers more episode to give this drama more justice, so some conflicts would be unfold more subtle and believable. But overall, another great project from the writers among her other drama KBS Drama Special. I hope My Favourite writers will get another awsome project from KBS or any TV station despite the low rating this drama got. She is awesome.

_MeloncholicRain_
Dec 29, 2018
When I watched this drama I wasn't thinking of anything as significant that would make me stay. To be honest, episode 1 and 2 were like that. I don't really enjoy many slice of life variations of any kind. (Well i just haven't had the time to explore as much) But when I gave this drama some time and some effort i found myself enjoying it. It actually effected me more than I thought it would. I came to relate to the character Kim Shi Eun. At first she gave me vibes that I wouldn't like her because of how she was using people for her own personal gain. But then I thought, Isn't that how society is? We as humans, we desire so much, we do anything to get it. Which means we hurt others. I liked how as the story progressed the character matured, it was refreshing, inspiring.

In this drama the main focus wasn't just on this character it was on the other girls that were part of the Dance Sports club. Their struggles, their strengths, their shortcomings. It made me cry because their situations were almost similar to mine and it made me find comfort in this drama. On a personal level I connected with each character. It sounds cheesy I know but this drama really captured youth in a memorable and approachable way. One thing I also loved about this drama was the sweet little romance between Kim Shi Eun and Seung Chan. It was maybe a bit misplaced, but being a romance fanatic, with all the life situations going on i think it was a nice feature. It's the first time that a drama has ever come close in making me feel so reflective about my own life. I believe this has got to be one of the best underrated drama I have currently watched.

To close this review. I would like to say that If you are stumbling upon this drama, I think you should give it a go. It's a nice change, especially for all the young people (like myself) who are struggling either on their dream or life itself. It helps us relate and not feel like were the only ones feeling like this. In the last episode, when Kim Shi Eun was in her interview she talks about how a movie is like a fake fantasy to give those a chance to have a small bit of happiness, so they can escape reality even if its for small amount of time. I found that beautiful. As someone who inspires to create the same type of fantasy for someone to have even just for a small amount of time using the power of words, that description stuck with me. And that's what this drama has achieved in my opinion. Opened a window for me to be understood and related to by using fictional roles. That alone has given me a small bit of happiness and made me feel more determined, and that's why I believe you should try this drama out.

Jan 20, 2019
A great slice of life drama. It's short, it's dramatic, it's about innocent teenage love and hardships, so it's just perfect if you like more realistic dramas. The only fault is the leading lady, at first. She was annoying and too egoistic, thinking only about her own gain and using everyone. However, she overcomes a major character development and she grows up. Being a part of the dancing team helped that. The later was such a clever way to introduce the girls and their lives, as well as backgrounds and their friendship. The final concusions of their stories were satisfying as well, except of the love story that had a weak ending. The cinematography, moreover, was perfect for the mood of the drama.

ChiliLang
Dec 28, 2018
This drama was literally a workout for my emotions. My eyes kept on sweating.

This drama is not just about some high school girls and some random drama going on between them like it is in other dramas. This is a 100% wholesome drama that teaches you life lessons. After watching too many dramas, I start to see a pattern which is that there are people who are all good and people who are all bad and the story becomes the conflicts between them. Those are people who are just unnecessarily mean by nature and it is nearly impossible to reason with them. However, reality is not like that. Reality is about people who have their own perspectives. Everybody has a reason why they act the way they do and I feel that this drama depicts that extremely well. Every person in this drama has their own flaw and their own different personality that is full of colors. After experiencing that emotional roller coaster, I personally began to realize how fortunate I am to live the life I am right now. Through this drama, I became every character. When the character was sad, I would cry for them and when they were happy, I would still cry of happiness. Although this may seem cliche, this drama is well worth watching. The character development is real.

Overall, I feel that this drama deserves more than it got. It depicts the unrepresented suburb population of Korea that is rarely ever shown and it warms my heart to watch such a drama. It is a drama that I will probably never forget. I recommend all users, no matter who you are, to watch it.

Mireia Oliver Garcia
Jun 25, 2019
Este drama está basado en hechos reales. Nos encontramos con Shi Eun, una joven que está en el último año, a punto de graduarse. No tiene amigos propiamente dichos, sólo comparte sus horas de colegio con dos chicas. Poco después se une al club de "Dancesport" y toda su vida cambiará.

Durante el drama podemos ver la evolución de Shi Eun, tanto escolar como personal. Al principio ella sólo quería unirse al club de dancesport para que algo contara en su currículum y expediente escolar como algo positivo, para poder ir a la universidad.

También podemos encontrarnos con Seung Chan, un chico de la escuela de al lado. Una escuela totalmente de chicos, (igual que la de Shi Eun, que es unicamente para chicas). Su sueño es bailar. Sin embargo en su escuela no hay nada como eso, así que se cuela en la de chicas para ver como bailan... Hasta que le pillan.

Ciertamente, este drama te hace reflexionar mucho sobre las limitaciones en Corea del Sur para los estudiantes, lo duro que puede llegar a ser conseguir llegar a la universidad cuando apenas puedes pagar el día a día.

Durante el drama podemos ver más personajes, más vidas duras. Casi todos los personajes son mujeres, pues se centra en la escuela femenina, y los únicos chicos que llegamos a ver son Seung Chan, y los padres y profesores que pueda haber por ahí. Conocemos a las familias de cda uno de ellos, y vemos cual es la situación por la que pasan, lo cual lo hace todo mucho más real.

En general, es una historia real hecha drama, por lo que podemos ver claramente como es la crudeza en los pueblos y barrios pobres de Corea del Sur, contrapuesto con la riqueza de la escuela para chicos a la que asiste Seung Chan. Sin embargo, también da la lección de que aunque pertenezcas a una familia acomodada, no te facilita conseguir lo que deseeas.

leticia
Jul 16, 2019
Este drama é muito importante, a nível pessoal até, ele me fez ficar tão alegre e triste ao mesmo tempo.
A história em si é bem parecida com o que vivo normalmente. Alguns alunos são colocados à margem, e têm que esperar que um professor venha salvá-los. Alguns nem querem ser salvos, e demora um tempo até que consigam entender que há algo no mundo para fazê-los se sentirem vivos.
A dança foi importante para cada personagem em níveis diferentes. Alguns viram ali uma carreira, um hobby, apenas uma forma de ganhar notas, e etc. O mais legal deste dorama é mostrar o quanto a união é importante, e que nem todos os planos darão certo no futuro. Nem sempre a vida vai ser do jeito que queremos, mas temos que continuar tentando - ou não, desistir também é uma opção, se você preferir seguir outro caminho.
Certamente eu teria seguido alguns conselhos que vi nesta obra se ao menos tivesse visto uns meses antes.