MM! was a show I really, really liked. It's about a guy who is a masochist, and it is hilarious. One of the best lines from the show: 'Being kicked by a beautiful girl's foot, how could it not feel good?' I also really liked: Fushigi Yuugi Death Note Fruits Basket Trigun Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (aka KareKano)
twinklelie wrote: there's Skip Beat, Kimi no Todoke

KameSan wrote:

Kaichou wa Maid-sama: Great chemistry and hot USUI! <3

Kimi ni Todoke: Cute love story :3 (Maybe saw the jap. movie)

Skip Beat: Sooo funny and hot guys *¬* (here also xd maybe saw the chinese drama version of it)

Ouran Koukou Host club: Very funny, not really romance but hot guys <3

Special A: Kinda reminds me of Kaichou wa Maid-sama <;

Sukitte Ii na yo: Really cute love story, but manga is better, anime is waaay too short kekeke :3

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge: not really much romance in it, but it's cutee tehee~ (also here, maybe saw the drama version of it)

That's my list for you, hope you get a great watching time~

gyapo wrote: I would suggest things like...

Ouran High School Host Club
Kuragehime
Kaichou wa maid sama
Kimi ni Todoke

These are recommendations I second for the romantic comedies :)
(even though Kimi ni Todoke isn't much of a comedy)

And there's also:
~> Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
~> School Rumble

Have fun! :DD
If you're looking for any other genres just let us know :3
Gintama is soo very funny and one of my favourite anime, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like/know very much about Japan and Japanese culture, as it's full of references to Japanese history and culture, so you might not get half of the jokes... Try with lovely complex, it's funny and cute! And, why not, what about Host Club? :D
thanx for the reccomendations guys, they r all great :D
ChingooLaotang wrote: Ah great advice, thanx, whats fruit basket about?
i once read about an anime that was about a train filled with hot guys and how any girl that entered this train would fall in love or something, do u know anything about it?

May b 'miracle train'
Most of my fav anime have alredy been mentioned Few others r Ranma 1/2 Inuyasha Rurouni kenshin Kuroko no basket Full moon wo sagasite Peach girl Out of above , 1st one is adapted to j mini drama, 3rd one is adapted into jmovie n last one is adapted to tdrama But for starter i wud like to recmnd two of fav anime (^o^)v Tonari no totoro (my friend totoro) n Sen to chihiro no kamikakusi (spirited away) Happy watching !!!
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, ithink XD <3 I really really really really love that Anime and also the live action. :D
Tonari no kaibutsu-kun kamisama hajimemashita code breaker sukitte ii na yo
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge School Rumble Peach Girl Full Moon wo Sagashite Aishiteruze Baby Paradise Kiss
ChingooLaotangKimchiLulu wrote: i like comedy, romance, i dont like gore or blood but that doesnt mean i wont watch it if its good. im not a fan of anime coz im new to it but i need a drama that would suck me into this world! I dont like the japanese language or japan in general but if its a great anime then maybe i can enter into the amazing world of Japanese dramas and anime! LOL so what do u think?

Baccano, just trust me, you'll like it.
So, I just watched K Project...loved it...I want something good like that...you know with a story that flows...not episodes that are just monster battles....I need clean art work 'cause if it's messy my mind blurs.... Romance is a plus...sexy doesn't bother me...my favorite story line is the clasic sword in the stone/starwars...I like bad boy heros...and or something a little twisted and dark....comic book blood doesn't bother me.... any suggestions?
This is a bump I am starting Vampire Knight
The OP is very good.

very good
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya