Let me get this straight. This is only available to those who pay? I honestly believe I have succeeded in watching all Thai BL series on their official channels to date, and now I feel such sadness to discover that this series, however excellent, may only be seen by those who pay - and pay a lot. Here in Britain the cost is greater than going to the cinema, and more than buying 5 books.  And it isn't even real "buying", - it's very short-term rental. I have seen the comments from those who say there are ways of seeing it for free - but I tend to like supporting official channels (which so far I've never had to pay for), plus the quality of the bizarre  free copies is often shocking. So it's nice to read the enthusiastic reviews and I'm glad others who made the choice to pay enjoyed it so much. But ... I can't follow their example. What a pity. What a loss.

jarabaa:

Let me get this straight. This is only available to those who pay? I honestly believe I have succeeded in watching all Thai BL series on their official channels to date, and now I feel such sadness to discover that this series, however excellent, may only be seen by those who pay - and pay a lot. Here in Britain the cost is greater than going to the cinema, and more than buying 5 books.  And it isn't even real "buying", - it's very short-term rental. I have seen the comments from those who say there are ways of seeing it for free - but I tend to like supporting official channels (which so far I've never had to pay for), plus the quality of the bizarre  free copies is often shocking. So it's nice to read the enthusiastic reviews and I'm glad others who made the choice to pay enjoyed it so much. But ... I can't follow their example. What a pity. What a loss.

We can't all afford to pay for this, even if it's totally worth every penny. But you can do as much as you can, by watching most of it pirated, somewhere like DramaCool or Dailymotion, and then pay for one or two episodes on Vimeo. That way you have at least supported them, even if it's not the full amount.

I watched the first four episodes on DramaCool and then ended up buying all of them on Vimeo. (Or, well, renting.)

I am willing to pay for LGBTQ titles in order to support the LGBTQ community but if I were to pay over $50 dollars for 5 episodes, I better be owning them and not only renting.  I paid for quite a few Strong Berry titles ...paid extra to own them than rent. I even paid for almost $15 for a TharnType special but at least I can watch it still after 30 days. There should be an option to rent or buy. Maybe like $3 to $5 each episode to rent and $10 t $15 to buy so at least more people would be watching on official sites and willing to swallow the cost and also prevents others to go on non-official streaming sites where they can watch for free.  Just my two Canadian cents. 

I am still waiting for this series to be available somewhere for an agreeable fee. I’m paying for several streaming services monthly/yearly and buy a lot of DVDs each year, but expensively renting a series by the episode is not a business model I want to support. And watching illegally is not something I want to support either. I just hope more companies will come to find a better balance between fee sizes and the number of viewers.

Tanky Toon:

I am willing to pay for LGBTQ titles in order to support the LGBTQ community but if I were to pay over $50 dollars for 5 episodes, I better be owning them and not only renting.  I paid for quite a few Strong Berry titles ...paid extra to own them than rent. I even paid for almost $15 for a TharnType special but at least I can watch it still after 30 days. There should be an option to rent or buy. Maybe like $3 to $5 each episode to rent and $10 t $15 to buy so at least more people would be watching on official sites and willing to swallow the cost and also prevents others to go on non-official streaming sites where they can watch for free.  Just my two Canadian cents. 

Exactly. Well put. Your two Canadian cents' worth is much appreciated. The issue is really the absence of any option to buy. I have bought all sorts of titles in all sorts of formats over many years, not least - as you point out - to support the LGBTQ community. But I .... BOUGHT those items. I am not willing to rent something for a mere 30 days.  Whether I buy a comic book or a CD or a digital recording or a DVD or an antique encyclopaedia, I exchange my money for the pleasure of owning some creative work that I want to be able to enjoy when I wish, yes, as long as I continue to own it, meaning most likely for the rest of my life. I am totally baffled as to why the makers of this series have insisted on making it only temporarily available to viewers via this truly exceptional and downright bizarre Vimeo rental arrangement. I have never come across such an arrangement before. And at the end of the day, I feel it completely does this outstanding series a huge disservice - it's as though the production company wants to hide their product, making sure that only a few people have access to it - and then only for a very limited period of time! I simply cannot make head of tail of their thinking. It's as though they are damaging their own interests, the actors' livelihoods, and the status and reputation of the series. 

Kess:

I am still waiting for this series to be available somewhere for an agreeable fee. I’m paying for several streaming services monthly/yearly and buy a lot of DVDs each year, but expensively renting a series by the episode is not a business model I want to support. And watching illegally is not something I want to support either. I just hope more companies will come to find a better balance between fee sizes and the number of viewers.

I'm still waiting too. Thanks for supporting my point. I raised the issue over on the comments page and was instantly attacked in the most crazy way by "fans" insisting that no one shared my "bizarre" concern, advising me to watch illegal bootleg copies, telling me that  a one-month rental arrangement was utterly routine (yet not mentioning even one other comparable example), and so on. I simply do not understand the thinking of the production company. It's as though they want to hide their product, making access to the series difficult and restricted - in effect discouraging  people from watching it. 

@jarabaa  ITSAY has the potential to become as popular as 2gether if they make the drama available to everyone for free. Perhaps the production company wanted to recoup some money by using a pay-per-view business model, but they don't realize that making the series easily accessible using official links will drive more viewers to their official site and that will counts towards their ratings and therefore attract more sponsors who will bankroll the stars and to an extent the production company, thereby feeding their next project, namely the 2nd part of ITSAY.

Now, because of their steep rental pricing, people outside of Thailand are kinda forced to go to free sites to watch this.  By the way, Vimeo lets creators set up both buy and rent options, it's just they didn't choose to do so. But why???? Imagine a drama with 10 episodes, I would have to pay over a hundred dollars just to watch it in 30 days?? Not even my Disney+ subscription cost that much an entire year and I could watch 1000s of titles. Hopefully, they would make more sense when they release the 2nd part in March as it is sad if this amazing drama doesn't get the exposure and recognition it truly deserves.

Tanky Toon:

I am willing to pay for LGBTQ titles in order to support the LGBTQ community but if I were to pay over $50 dollars for 5 episodes, I better be owning them and not only renting.  I paid for quite a few Strong Berry titles ...paid extra to own them than rent. I even paid for almost $15 for a TharnType special but at least I can watch it still after 30 days. There should be an option to rent or buy. Maybe like $3 to $5 each episode to rent and $10 t $15 to buy so at least more people would be watching on official sites and willing to swallow the cost and also prevents others to go on non-official streaming sites where they can watch for free.  Just my two Canadian cents. 

To clarify once again, it's not over $50 for five episodes. It's $36. Still a lot of money, no arguments there, but I just wanted to set the record straight. [EDIT: I'm talking about US$, since that's what most international viewers would pay in. If you are located in a country where the service allows you to pay in your local currency, the numbers would naturally be different.]

Also, those of you who are paying for other streaming services like Netflix or iQiyi, and are sad that it's not on any of those, please consider suggesting to those sites that they should acquire the series and show it. I know Netflix has a function for this. 

@aprillen....it is $48 dollars for me + tax in Canada.

Tanky Toon:

@aprillen....it is $48 dollars for me + tax in Canada.

US dollars or Canadian dollars?  I should have clarified that I was talking  about USD, since that's what most international viewers would pay in.  Sorry for that.

-Aprillen-:

US dollars or Canadian dollars?  I should have clarified that I was talking  about USD, since that's what most international viewers would pay in.  Sorry for that.

Since I am in Canada, Vimeo would charge me in Canadian dollars. 

Tanky Toon:

Since I am in Canada, Vimeo would charge me in Canadian dollars. 

Well, of course the numbers would be different then, after currency conversion. 1 Canadian dollar (or AUS dollar, or TW dollar...)  is not equivalent to 1 US dollar, after all. 

By comparison, I pay $ 199 per month for a Gagaoolala subscription. *smiles* When it comes to the Internet, remember that things may not be precisely the same all over the world.

To me personally, living in the EU, I always get chocked by the fact that taxes are not always included in the listed price...

Kess:

By comparison, I pay $ 199 per month for a Gagaoolala subscription. *smiles* When it comes to the Internet, remember that things may not be precisely the same all over the world.

To me personally, living in the EU, I always get chocked by the fact that taxes are not always included in the listed price...

199$ per month? Are we still talking US$ here? Because I'm in the EU too and the price is given in US$ for me (and it's definitely not 199). 

Kess:

That is steep. Are you perhaps missing a dot there somewhere?? My monthly to Gagaoolala is $6 cad  + tax which amounts to around 5.50 usd or 4.50 eu.