Kim Hee Soo:

Ok for those who are afraid that this may be a sad ending, there's hope that it may not be coz looking at the director's track record, all of his shows tie up pretty nicely, his most famous work is Whats Wrong with Secretary Kim and we know how nicely it ended (complete with a grand wedding). His other shows didnt end up too badly either Touch Your Heart (they end up together and officially tells it to the world), Bring It On Ghost (they end up fighting ghosts together), This is My First First Life (they end up being happily married). Oh and they all are TvN!

So yeah maybe Jang Uk and Mu Deok/Naksu (whoever she may be) may end up being married (she hinted she doesn't want to be just a maid anyways) and fighting the good fight together.

The director may be ok (love Touch Your Heart, btw), but it's the writers that write the scenario. And Hong sisters have a notorious track record of unhappy endings.

Kim Hee Soo:

Fujihara Tomomi looking at the main poster again, I think it shows Jang Uk using Naksu's sword to protect Mu Deok/Naksu. This is telling that  Jang Uk will eventually be stronger than Naksu and thus can use her sword but not Nak su because perhaps she had been consumed by Mu Deok.  Look at her clothes. Its not Naksu's nor Mu Deok's but the new clothes attached to being the servant of Jang Uk of Songrim or is that the clothes of wife of Jang Uk? Remember she said she dont want to be just a maid to Jang Uk?

I have been wondering about that clothes too. Is that when she got back into the Jin family? 

Aramintai:

Here's a new theory for you, guys:
The queen is an impostor. The queen is of Seo clan, she's the aunt of Yul and sister of his father, general Seo. But in the last episode it was revealed she is of Choi clan, who was disgraced by Songrim and its founder (means 200 years ago?). She wants revenge, destruction and power above all. I'm thinking she a mage of Choi clan who soul shifted into the queen and stole the Ice Stone to stay healthy and non-petrified.

Yeah!! I thought of that too, though the comment is on another page lol XD

Kim Hee Soo:
Yup someone floated that idea here too, that the queen is Seo in physical form but Choi in soul. So means she may just be like Naksu now, using the Ice Stone to keep her physical form only difference is that Naksu is not aware of the Ice Stone.

She just got the wind of it too, It might take a while for her to connect the Ice Stone to the Queen, and discover more about the Ice Stone itself (possibly finding herself to have one inside her too) If we only have a person who knows a good amount of info about the Ice Stone, and explains it to Jang Uk and Naksu...... WHO IS MASTER LEE!!! Ughhh you told some random kids about it and not the main characters DX *wheezed*

Kim Hee Soo:

Ok for those who are afraid that this may be a sad ending, there's hope that it may not be coz looking at the director's track record, all of his shows tie up pretty nicely, his most famous work is Whats Wrong with Secretary Kim and we know how nicely it ended (complete with a grand wedding). His other shows didnt end up too badly either Touch Your Heart (they end up together and officially tells it to the world), Bring It On Ghost (they end up fighting ghosts together), This is My First First Life (they end up being happily married). Oh and they all are TvN!

So yeah maybe Jang Uk and Mu Deok/Naksu (whoever she may be) may end up being married (she hinted she doesn't want to be just a maid anyways) and fighting the good fight together.

But the sad thing is... one of them has to go. Either Mu Deok or Naksu. 2 souls can't live inside one body, right? One soul will fight to be in control sooner or later. If they really can live together.... it will lead to an even stranger relationship than what the King did to Lady Do Hwa... ;-;

Aramintai:

The director may be ok (love Touch Your Heart, btw), but it's the writers that write the scenario. And Hong sisters have a notorious track record of unhappy endings.

Hmm... The director did HE, and the writers did SE..... S1 ending will be an open ending, already. Don't tell me S2 will be another OE or SE. 

Aramintai:

haha I know..i think you missed my comment on how I see this ending considering the sisters' track record (though I must say their Masters Sun and The Greatest Love did give us happy endings) and TvN.

To me, I see a Korean Odyssey ending i.e. MuDeok/Naksu dying to save the world and having to be "buried" in the lake with Jang Uk diving in to save her, whatever that means then. This ending is very plausible so at least Jang Uk can love 1 soul!

S2 starts afresh with Jang Uk coming out of the lake and being saved by a woman that looks like Mu Deok and possibly is the original Mu Deok, no soul switching nothing and because she is purely Mu Deok has no recollection of Jang Uk.

@ Kim Hee Soo 

You have all the plot headcanoned already, or smth? Lol.

I think we shouldn't go about it with any preconceptions, anything can happen. Won't get disappointed too much if the plot will go completely different way and/or will suck in the end.

Fujihara Tomomi:

I have written my theory before on page 11, I'll paste it again:

In the original tale, Lady Do Hwa and the Bachelor Bihyeong, Bihyeong  (the inspiration for Jang Uk's character) is the union between the livings and the deaths, so Jang Uk can be a union between the Royal Family and Aristocrats/mages? Since there's even an unspoken rule to never let the two powers fight each other so as not to waste energy. Maybe there's even more reason behind the rule itself. If the commoners win, the imperial rule will lose its power balance. But if the commoners lose instead, the imperial rule will abuse its power? 

I'm not knowledgeable enough to find the intertextualities between the two, if anyone has a better interpretation, please do share.

I havent read the tale, but i already post here some theory about Jang Uk and the swords. 

Yes, i believe he is indeed the union of Royal blood and mage family blood. He is son of both, Jang Kang biologicaly  and the King´s energy at same time. He is fated to save whatever is coming .  

We have hints in the post, with his out fit  and Naksu´s sword.  Naksu´s sword in half black, half white. His father sword is all black with golden details. The prince sword is all white with golden details. There is a netflix photo where  is coming out of his hands a golden power never seen in other mages ( at least for now).

Naksu´s sword with that golden circle in the hilt is also important but we dont know yet, but it appears in the opening sequence. 

On a side note in every episode Mudeok-Naksu tells Uk that he is very luck  and everything is favorable to him. But we know that is part of their jouney with Mudeok being a power force- ice stone and Naksu helping him as well. 

I  think is early to discover everything . But in every episode they are giving us hint, im liking the pace.   Also in the next weekend we will come to half series and i think episode 9 seems lovey from preview but episode 10 will be fire, things will start. 

Kim Hee Soo:
But I doubt blind  Mu Deok is aware of what's inside her.

My thought is the opposite.  Naksu is not aware of the other soul inside of her.  In Ep. 1 she said "Why is it this tiny body keeps craving food".  

My theory is that the tiny body is supporting two souls - and we now know that one of them is a Great Soul, If we are to believe Master Lee, of course.  And she has been protecting Naksu's soul this entire time. 

Cau:
He is fated to save whatever is coming .  

After all, he IS the King's Star.

Cau:
We have hints in the post, with his out fit  and Naksu´s sword.  Naksu´s sword in half black, half white. His father sword is all black with golden details. The prince sword is all white with golden details. There is a netflix photo where  is coming out of his hands a golden power never seen in other mages ( at least for now).

Yeah, and the golden circle behind him and Mu Deok. Naksu's sword's ring?

Cau:
Naksu´s sword with that golden circle in the hilt is also important but we dont know yet, but it appears in the opening sequence. 

When you mentioned that something clicked in my head lol!! What if that sword's ring hole can be used to put the Ice Stone into it?!?! WOAH!! Mindblowing!!! Then Naksu can use her power again combining it with Mu Deok's power from the Ice Stone!!!! Ahh, my god!! 

Cau:
But we know that is part of their jouney with Mudeok being a power force- ice stone and Naksu helping him as well. 

Maybe Ice Stone also gives power to the King's Star cuz they stayed so close together. That's also why Jang Uk progressed faster than normal people.

Cau:
 think is early to discover everything . But in every episode they are giving us hint, im liking the pace.   Also in the next weekend we will come to half series and i think episode 9 seems lovey from preview but episode 10 will be fire, things will start. 

For a couple of weeks, I have felt that Father Jin was going to show up in Ep 9 or 10 and recognize his daughter.  And as Fujihara Tomomi reminded us, So-yi will be showing up soon as well.  So, when Mu-deok's true identify is revealed that is going to send shock-waves through out the Fortress, not to mention Daeho.  

Meanwhile, there will probably be a major revelation on the soul-shifting/mage territory as well.

Kathryn_51:

My thought is the opposite.  Naksu is not aware of the other soul inside of her.  In Ep. 1 she said "Why is it this tiny body keeps craving food".  

My theory is that the tiny body is supporting two souls - and we now know that one of them is a Great Soul, If we are to believe Master Lee, of course.  And she has been protecting Naksu's soul this entire time. 

I think so too. Mu Deok is aware of her surroundings even though she's not controlling her body. She just observes and does not intervene unless it's necessary. That's why she can save Jang Uk from soul shifting. While it's actually Naksu who doesn't know that that body still houses another soul inside her. Her confusion when Jang Uk said she was in the Soul Realm. Lol XD

Kathryn_51:

For a couple of weeks, I have felt that Father Jin was going to show up in Ep 9 or 10 and recognize his daughter.  And as Fujihara Tomomi reminded us, So-yi will be showing up soon as well.  So, when Mu-deok's true identify is revealed that is going to send shock-waves through out the Fortress, not to mention Daeho.  

Meanwhile, there will probably be a major revelation on the soul-shifting/mage territory as well.

Yes, so many characters haven't shown up yet. General Seo, Master Jin, So-yi, etc. Ep 10 will be halfway through S1. Jang Uk just get enrolled in Songrim, *sigh* give them a break ;-;

Fujihara Tomomi:

I think so too. Mu Deok is aware of her surroundings even though she's not controlling her body. She just observes and does not intervene unless it's necessary. That's why she can save Jang Uk from soul shifting. While it's actually Naksu who doesn't know that that body still houses another soul inside her. Her confusion when Jang Uk said she was in the Soul Realm. Lol XD

Agree with you and Kathryn_51  .

Naksu is the one who doesnt know the souls didnt switch , that she is dividing her body with other soul or other power.  She doesnt remember any time Mudeok appeared, in Soul Realm or Master Lee - Uk Figth in the rain.  Or why she saw the broken jade inside the box.  Or how she opened the Jin´s vault.  Naksu is completely unware of Ice Stone-Mudeok or Bu Yeom-Mudeok. 

"When you mentioned that something clicked in my head lol!! What if that sword's ring hole can be used to put the Ice Stone into it?!?! WOAH!! Mindblowing!!! Then Naksu can use her power again combining it with Mu Deok's power from the Ice Stone!!!! Ahh, my god!!  "

Kathryn_51  

You re into something here. Could be, could really be.

Cau:

Agree with you and Kathryn_51  .

Naksu is the one who doesnt know the souls didnt switch , that she is dividing her body with other soul or other power.  She doesnt remember any time Mudeok appeared, in Soul Realm or Master Lee - Uk Figth in the rain.  Or why she saw the broken jade inside the box.  Or how she opened the Jin´s vault.  Naksu is completely unware of Ice Stone-Mudeok or Bu Yeom-Mudeok. 

So-yi, Master Jin, and Master Lee are the answers to everything haha. Master Lee just stands there and observes lol. WHEN WILL YOU TELL THEM!!!?!

Cau:

"When you mentioned that something clicked in my head lol!! What if that sword's ring hole can be used to put the Ice Stone into it?!?! WOAH!! Mindblowing!!! Then Naksu can use her power again combining it with Mu Deok's power from the Ice Stone!!!! Ahh, my god!!  "

Kathryn_51  

You re into something here. Could be, could really be. 

You guys are just grasping here. Rings such as these were common counterweights in swords, especially in Asia.