So the reason why Bu yeon chose Naksu might be because of Jin Mu. Cause Naksu is the one who can bring fear to Jin Mu. Also it was Jin Mu who pushed Bu yeon into the lake. So Definitely she knows that Jin Mu or his people has ice stone too. So she is using Naksu to end the ice stone so that no one is further harmed or any sorcery is performed. And this is also why she has saved Uk  and Naksu so many times cause their powers are different and together they are very powerful. 

It could be this way: What Buyeon and Uk have within them is the energy from the ice stone, not the ice stone itself.  The constellation basin is something like a medium to connect with the skies. So when Buyeon’s hand was dipped in it, the skies sensed the ice stone’s energy in her, which resulted to some sort of reaction (the thunderbolt). But why thunder tho? Do the skies want the ice stone back? 

The ceiling was opened not because she’s a constellation mage, but because of the ice stone’s energy  Since the ice stone is the child (lack of better term) of the skies.  Also, if the ceiling really opened because she’s a constellation mage, then the constellation mages handle the scary black tornado in the sky whenever they perform their job. I doubt it.

The ice stone is a product of the skies. It’s a hail that cannot be melted. Then, the rain and lake waters carry the same powers. It just that the powers of the ice stone is more concentrated because it’s compacted in a ball. Therefore, the rain and lake waters enhance the innate powers of Buyeon and Uk. 

Master Lee saying that Cho Chung’s daughter (the show implied it‘s Naksu through “obvious” clues) is dead could be a hidden fact. Besides, Master Lee knows it all. That can be an evidence that there are no two souls in one body. And he checked Mudeok’s body on their first encounter. Does that mean he didn’t see Cho Yeong’s soul in there? 

Also, Seo Gyeong is the founder of Songrim, but why is Park Jin the leader now? If it’s about hierarchy, it should be Seo Yul’s father or at least Heo Yeom since the former is unavailable. But why is the Seo family managing the Sejukwon, which is just a subsidiary of the main institution? Was the Seo’s demoted?

wanderee:
Also, Seo Gyeong is the founder of Songrim, but why is Park Jin the leader now?

Park Jin's father or ancestors could have married a Seo noble lady, that might be the reason why he's the leader now.

wanderee:
But why is the Seo family managing the Sejukwon,

No, Seo and Heo are different. The Seo family is a powerful family from West Lake Fortress/Seoho Fortress while Heo Family seems to be from Wol Fortress/Moon Fortress. As far as I remember, Seo and Heo family are relatives of each other. Maybe they have exchanged marriage in the past. And the Seo family isn't the leader of Sejukwon, Heo family is.

Fujihara Tomomi:
No, Seo and Heo are different. The Seo family is a powerful family from West Lake Fortress/Seoho Fortress while Heo Family seems to be from Wol Fortress/Moon Fortress. As far as I remember, Seo and Heo family are relatives of each other.

“Since the Seo family household is far away in the country, the family is represented by his far relative Dr. Heo Yeom (Lee Do Kyung). Master Heo is the Head of Sejugwon, a top medical institution of Daeho.”  - MDL drama recap article

So I assumed the Seo fam is responsible for Seojukwon, but because they can’t stay in the capital, Master Heo took the responsibility for them. 

Fujihara Tomomi:
Park Jin's father or ancestors could have married a Seo noble lady, that might be the reason why he's the leader now.

With that info, let’s create the tree: 

Park Jin‘s mother (the closest) is from the Seo fam. Seo Yul’s father is assumed to be the same age with Park Jin. Seo Yul‘s father is probably the son of the brother of Park Jin’s mother. That makes Park Jin and Seo Yul’s father cousins. Then, Seo Yul is Park Jin‘s nephew. 

According to that analogy, Park Jin‘s father can’t be the leader back then because he’s from the Park family. It can’t be Park Jin’s mother because the Seo family is patriarchal. So the most probable option is Seo Yul’s grandfather (father of Seo Yul’s father) was the previous leader. Then, the succession of Songrim should be to Seo Yul’s father then to Seo Yul. 

Therefore, Park Jin being the Songrim leader is still a mystery to me. I don’t understand how Park Jin came to the picture. And how Park Danggu became the SOLE successor. 

About Master Lee soul shifting: I don’t understand how is he not running wild unless he’s feeding from other souls? 

• It can’t be because of the ice stone, since the Fake Queen has it. 
  • It can’t be because he mastered Hwansu. Naksu, who mastered Hwansu (she soul shifted without the soul ejector in ep1), is still afraid of becoming petrified.

On the second thought, maybe Hwansu has something to do with it. Hwansu and the Ice Stone have the same powers, turning the water to fire and vice versa. 

Then, Uk should focus on reaching Hwansu and restoring Naksu’s powers rather than finding the ice stone. That seems to be the simpler solution. 

wanderee:

About Master Lee soul shifting: I don’t understand how is he not running wild unless he’s feeding from other souls? 

• It can’t be because of the ice stone, since the Fake Queen has it. 
  • It can’t be because he mastered Hwansu. Naksu, who mastered Hwansu (she soul shifted without the soul ejector in ep1), is still afraid of becoming petrified.

On the second thought, maybe Hwansu has something to do with it. Hwansu and the Ice Stone have the same powers, turning the water to fire and vice versa. 

Then, Uk should focus on reaching Hwansu and restoring Naksu’s powers rather than finding the ice stone. That seems to be the simpler solution. 

Naksu did have a soul ejector in ep 1, presumably created by the Queen using the ice stone and given to her by Jin Mu.

Thecla:

Naksu did have a soul ejector in ep 1, presumably created by the Queen using the ice stone and given to her by Jin Mu.

Ohh she had it? I missed that. 

I really hope everyone know that Mudoki is the Jin’s family’s oldest daughter btw the Jin leader’s husband is kinda an ass

Naksu and JBY’s souls are in Mudoek’s body. That’s why The Jim’s family vault opened for her, then when she was in the mirror she could see JBY’s soul and  she was able to activate the basin. 2 powerful souls in 1 body. 

Also the queen inhabited by (Shaman Choi) is related to Naksu. Probably Naksu’s own mother. 

I hope they figure out where to put Naksu’s soul. She needs to return JBY’s to her rightful place as leader of Jin family. 

After rewatching the last 2 episode  I just realize that Jang Gang is key to everything.

K-drama in general are similar written and you can spot the pattern. You have second lead "syndrome"(Yul), love triangle(Uk, MD and Yul/Crown prince), Hero(Uk), unsung hero(Jang Gang/Master Lee) etc.

In the ep 13 maidservant Kim was telling Master Lee that Jang Gang tried to find young Naksu. When the identity of Mu-deok/Naksu/Bu-Yeon is revealed Park/Jin would try to kill her. In the ep 13 we also learn that ice stone can bring back and take life. Because of this Jang Gang will help Naksu(because of guilt and friendship with Cho family) and bring her back to her old body.

Jin Mu is only substitute for Jang Gangs position. Jang Gangs return will create chaos for Jin Mu/The queen. Because of this they will go rogue  and create an Alchemy of Souls war...?

Mu-Deok/Bu-Yeon is created by the ice stone(only Jang Gang and mother Jin know that). The evil side have one ice stone, Jang Gang/Jang Uk would take back ice stone that is inside Mu-Deok/Bu-Yeon(the Hong sisters love bittersweet ending) and defat the evil.

That is probably why Jung So-min would not return for part 2(Not confirm by her agency or the producer). I'm praying to God that I'm wrong. They can not make me fall in love with Jung So-min's character and kill her off 

RickRoss:
Jang Gangs return will create chaos for Jin Mu/The queen. Because of this they will go rogue  and create an Alchemy of Souls war...?

I think the war is already in the planning stage.  But I'm looking forward to Jang Gang's return because I think we will see a lot of gaps filled in as to what REALLY happened 10 years ago, and 20 years ago.

RickRoss:
In the ep 13 maidservant Kim was telling Master Lee that Jang Gang tried to find young Naksu. When the identity of Mu-deok/Naksu/Bu-Yeon is revealed Park/Jin would try to kill her. In the ep 13 we also learn that ice stone can bring back and take life. Because of this Jang Gang will help Naksu(because of guilt and friendship with Cho family) and bring her back to her old body.

My theory: If Park Jin finds out Naksu is alive and a soul shifter, I don't think Park Jin would kill Naksu unless she runs wild. The situation is different from ep 1. In ep 1 Park Jin wanted to kill Naksu because it was Naksu who attacked Songrim as an assassin. Now Park Jin has been informed by Master Lee that Naksu is Cho Chung's daughter: Cho Yeong, and the reason she became an assassin was because she was deceived by Jinmu, Park Jin would have pity on her. Park Jin also knows Cho Chung is Jang Gang's good friend, so he probably would just keep her locked up in Songrim or Sejukwon for her and people's safety while waiting for Jang Gang's return. The problem is I don't think Naksu would listen to him. If she has regained her power, she probably would want to fight Park Jin for a rematch and for her freedom.  

I have a theory about why Jang Gang felt sorry for Cho Chung's death. I think Jang Gang did something bad to him. Jang Gang probably performed AoS to him when Jang Gang wanted to replace the King's star plat with a fake one.  As a person who has mastered Hwansu, Jang Gang returned to his own body without problem, but Cho Chung ran wild. When Naksu finds out that Jang Gang is the cause of her father's death, at AOS part 2 Naksu who has returned to her original body would want to revenge and fight Jang Gang. Jang Gang is Jang Uk's father. Naksu would separate herself from Uk until she is told one day that Jang Uk's father is actually the previous king. I think AoS  part 2 will have more actions than part 1. It will be entertaining to see Naksu in her original body as a badass again.

mellody:

I have a theory about why Jang Gang felt sorry for Cho Chung's death. I think Jang Gang did something bad to him. Jang Gang probably performed AoS to him when Jang Gang wanted to replace the King's star plat with a fake one.  As a person who has mastered Hwansu, Jang Gang returned to his own body without problem, but Cho Chung ran wild. When Naksu finds out that Jang Gang is the cause of her father's death, at AOS part 2 Naksu who has returned to her original body would want to revenge and fight Jang Gang. Jang Gang is Jang Uk's father. Naksu would separate herself from Uk until she is told one day that Jang Uk's father is actually the previous king. I think AoS  part 2 will have more actions than part 1. It will be entertaining to see Naksu in her original body as a badass again.

I was wandering the same about Cho Chung...

But your complet theory could really be!! 

I have a small theory, but it isn't much, also not sure if this was mentioned before. 

I think that the reason that Jin Cho-yeon's father took out the bit of DNA snake from Cho-yeon (not sure what else to call it) is to give to the fake Bu-yeon (don't remember the name) so that she can open the door to the secret room in Jinyowon. 

I was thinking this because the mother would almost be certain to check if the blind girls Jin-Mu brought are Bu-yeon by getting them to try open the door. So they would have to figure a way for fake Bu-yeon to open the door.