wanderee

So, two personas in Mu Deok's body. One is divine JBY & another is Naksu.

Thanks.

This theory would make more sense if only rumours didn't come out. 

Why must (JBY+Naksu)'s soul go back into GYJ's body?

Well, it's just rumours and did they release rumours to give an unexpected ending to the viewers? Like JSM will still be the main lead in part 2? XD

And the viewers will be like I didn't expect that! 😂

Ahead:
Well, it's just rumours and did they release rumours to give an unexpected ending to the viewers? Like JSM will still be the main lead in part 2? XD

It wasn't an official release.  It was titled "exclusive" - it appears that a reporter got wind of at least some of the story.  The part about Go Yoon Jung being THE Female Lead was what really upset folks because it appeared that Jung So Min was losing her status as Female Lead.

So wait, there are ice stones, plural?

What Park Jin's assistant said, what was shown today with the eunuch and earlier concerning Bu-Yeon's birth points to this? If you insert an ice stone into a person, it is inside of it basically animating the dead, and you have to get it out first from the body to have it back. Is Bu-Yeon sort of undead from birth?
Also, again, just think about all those petrified statues in the lake - their souls are still inside and can be revived with the ice stone?

Aramintai:

What Park Jin's assistant said, what was shown today with the eunuch and earlier concerning Bu-Yeon's birth points to this? If you insert an ice stone into a person, it is inside of it basically animating the dead, and you have to get it out first from the body to have it back. Is Bu-Yeon sort of undead from birth?
Also, again, just think about all those petrified statues in the lake - their souls are still inside and can be revived with the ice stone? 

I have so many questions. I swear, we get one piece of information and 10 additional questions arise.

Aramintai:

Exactly according to whether Bu Yeon was born herself or did Bu Yeon's soul return to her body or not? Because as we know now, Bu Yeon died in the womb, only the body remained because the soul died. What if the soul has already been reborn in another body - Naksu? And Jang Kang brought someone else into Bu Yeon's body, maybe the shaman lady chose her body because Bu Yeon's soul had already been reborn? Or, as someone already suggested, it split into two halves, one stayed in Bu Yeon and the other was reborn in Naksu?

Aramintai:

Exactly!  I think that's why Jin Mu asked Gil-ju if he had thrown the "courtesan" into the lake - because he thought she had "Naksu's" soul.  He wanted to be able to revive her.  But Gil-ju knew her soul hadn't shifted (no blue makr) so he burned her body instead (or that was the implication0).  

Actually, they can be revived with the Soul Ejector - don't need the ice stone.  Unless the writers are beginning to smudge the rules.

Izyda:
What if the soul has already been reborn in another body - Naksu? And Jang Kang brought someone else into Bu Yeon's body, maybe the shaman lady chose her body because Bu Yeon's soul had already been reborn? Or, as someone already suggested, it split into two halves, one stayed in Bu Yeon and the other was reborn in Naksu?

It can't be Naksu because Naksu is older than Bu-Yeon. But whether she has a soul or it died is unknown atm. The only fact is known that the ice stone was used to birth her. Seeing how it works today it raises those questions I've written above.

Kathryn_51:
Exactly!  I think that's why Jin Mu asked Gil-ju if he had thrown the "courtesan" into the lake - because he thought she had "Naksu's" soul.  He wanted to be able to revive her.  But Gil-ju knew her soul hadn't shifted (no blue makr) so he burned her body instead (or that was the implication0).  

Or he wanted to get rid of her for sure. That's why he burned the body after all, so there won't be a body to return to.

Kathryn_51:
Actually, they can be revived with the Soul Ejector - don't need the ice stone.  Unless the writers are beginning to smudge the rules.

It can't be done with a soul ejector. It can only shift souls, what's the point of shifting into a dead body? You'll stay dead in it anyway. That's why Gil-Ju ran to the palace for the ice stone.

I thought Bu Yeon and Naksu were the same age?

Izyda:

I thought Bu Yeon and Naksu were the same age?

No, Naksu is in her later twenties - she was already a child when she witnessed her father's murder 20 years ago. Mu-Deok/Bu-Yeon is about 20 years old - she was born around the same time as Uk, when Uk's father got a hold of the ice stone and started researching it.

Aramintai:

No, Naksu is in her later twenties - she was already a child when she witnessed her father's murder 20 years ago. Mu-Deok/Bu-Yeon is about 20 years old - she was born around the same time as Uk, when Uk's father got a hold of the ice stone and started researching it.

Yes, I totally forgot about it. After all, Bu Yeon's mother mentioned it.

Aramintai:
It can't be done with a soul ejector. It can only shift souls, what's the point of shifting into a dead body? You'll stay dead in it anyway. That's why Gil-Ju ran to the palace for the ice stone.

At the beginning of Episode 7, when Master Lee was on the boat talking to the children, he said there were three things the Soul Ejector empowered:  (1) bring the dead back to life by summoning back their souls; (2) shift souls from one body to another and (3) expel the soul of the living and steal their energy (which was visualized by a "wild" soul shifter taking energy away from a person).  

As I said earlier, the writers seem to be fudging the rules or they are certainly confusing the viewers with the various features of the ice stone vs Soul Ejector.

Kathryn_51:
he said there were three things the Soul Ejector empowered:  (1) bring the dead back to life by summoning back their souls; (2) shift souls from one body to another and (3) expel the soul of the living and steal their energy (which was visualized by a "wild" soul shifter taking energy away from a person).  

I think what he meant there and what was shown in the scenes of the past war is that you can shift the soul of the dying or dead body into someone else's living body. So the war is never ending and you can't tell friend from foe. It's not like what the ice stone did to the eunuch - he got literally raised in his own body. That's what Gil-Ju meant by it preventing soul shifters dying from petrification - and it can only be done by inserting the ice stone inside the body.

So nothing is contradictory so far.

Another theory if the ice stone is only one and not plural is that Jang father hid the ice stone inside Bu-Yeon. That's where it was for 10 years until Jin Mu got wind of it and tricked Bu-Yeon to get it out of her and steal it.

But I'm kinda leaning more that the ice stone can be divided and they are plural indeed, like was mentioned today by Park Jin's assistant. Because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Bu-Yeon to still exhibit the ice stone powers.

JBY was a human and her soul was brought back by ice stone. (Ice stone rule 1)

There were two souls in MD. Her(JBY) soul became one with some part of ice stone cos of JBY's power.

Eunuch was already soul shifter who had run wild. His energy got suck away by MD. Basically, he is like a zombie/vampire/body without soul. Ice stone must be inserted into him to bring back dead/petrified soul shifter.

So, I still think that there is only one ice stone for now.

Just clarifying. Hope you all understand. I may be wrong too. Let's see.