Hello,
Not long ago, I asked this question in the general recommendation forum but only got Jumong as an answer. Problem is I've watched Jumong long ago already. So I thought I might have more luck in the chinese forum. What I'm looking for is something set like way earlier than that, like 2000 or 4000 years ago for example. The older the better.
The journey of the flower
princess of wei young
the legend of zu
the legend of qin
the legend of chusen
the legend of lu zhen
Novoland: The Castle in the Sky
Prince of Lan Ling

Hope it won't sounds as some kind of advertisement ( XD ), but I tried to gather dramas on historical time line, so if you are interested in particular period it may be helpful :)

http://mydramalist.com/discussions/chinese-drama-m...

---
From myself (coz I watched it) I can recommend to you

Hero
Red Cliff & Red Cliff 2
The Sound of Desert
Nirvana in Fire

They are all set more less 2000 - 1600 years ago, don't think so there is anything set is SO distant past like 4k :(

Nevertheless hope you will find something interesting.

PS. I also replied to your other topic in general discussion with more detailed links to other interesting time tables (Japanese, Chinese and Korean)
 nastou19:
Hello,
Not long ago, I asked this question in the general recommendation forum but only got Jumong as an answer. Problem is I've watched Jumong long ago already. So I thought I might have more luck in the chinese forum. What I'm looking for is something set like way earlier than that, like 2000 or 4000 years ago for example. The older the better.

Fortunately, I found one called The Qin Empire. It was set for about 4000 years ago.

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out if I can find it subbed.
By the way, for those interested, I also found the title The Age of Heroes. But there are no subs yet, maybe not even raws available...

The virtuous queen of Han

The princess of Lanling king 

General and I

The king's woman 

The empress of China 

The legend of Miyue