sup y'all

I got this sudden craving to watch a Chinese historical drama idk why I thought I was done once and for all after the empress of china but I guess not.

anyways, the conditions are as follows

• the costumes and scenery must be beautiful enough for me to drown in my sorrows
  • absolutely no wuxia. flying swordfights and cgi may be acceptable elsewhere but most certainly not under my forum
    • if it's just a tiny involvement of martials arts then that's fine but no fakeass flying swordfights
  • mc should be a strong, independent lady whom all the men want but she leaves them in the dust (I know my love for empress of china is showing but bear w/ me)....if not it's still ok

bring on the palace politics y'all....my wig is ready to be snatched. *stocks up on tissue boxes and chocolate bars*

xoxo

oNeeSama

You may wanna wait for Fan Bing Bing's new drama "Win The World" :)

If you can't wait, why not try  "Nirvana in Fire"? The main character is not a female, but if you are looking for palace politics, and don't mind a bit of martial arts, then maybe give this one a try?

The virtuous queen of Han

Schemes of a beauty

Maybe try Secrets of Three Kingdoms?  It's just started and you can watch it at MDL.  
The first episode knocked me over.  I've seen a few Chinese Historical dramas so I have high expectations.  This will not disappoint and also it feels very original.  
And the cast , the scenery,  amazing. Starts out in winter, in a frigid area of China, you just gotta see...

Legend of Zhen Huan/Empresses in the Palace

Princess Wei Young

Legend of Lu Zhen

Beauties of the Emperor (there’s a bit of flying fighting, but it’s not wu Xia. They’re in the middle of war so there’s definitely fighting haha)