Anyone know which characters are voice dubbed, and if so by who?

Good question! Are Jasper Liu and Shen Yue usually dubbed in their dramas?

Cooldaysinthesun:

Anyone know which characters are voice dubbed, and if so by who?

I was searching  for answers to this same question earlier today... a few voices definitely sound dubbed over. 

i am 100% sure that Jasper Liu's voice is dubbed. not only does it not sound like him but he is also Taiwanese and Taiwanese actors acting in Chinese dramas (almost) always have voice actors because of the different dialect/accent in Taiwan.

Ar:

Good question! Are Jasper Liu and Shen Yue usually dubbed in their dramas?

Thats what im trying to figure out. Her voice sounded higher in meteor garden and in a love so beautiful

definitely jasper liu (gu ren qi)  and charles lin (li dong xian) are voice dubbed since they are from taiwan

I hate when actors are dubbed but I know Chinese production companies are hard nosed if the actors do not have a good enough grasp of the pronunciation. Happens all the time to George Hu.

I also do not like dubbing- no one ever hears who the voice actors are... The voice is a huge part in a show. I bet they do not get paid enough x.x 

I do find it sad that to be an actor in china... you only have to look good xD I know the  dialect  is an issue, they just want to keep it to the main chinese and have it be easy for everyone to understand. But I think to be an actor you should be able to speak correctly for a part. I'm not trying to slam anyone or anything. But sometimes the actors are just so unnatural-trying to talk in a way thats easy to dub but you lose the physicals emotions and then the voice dose not match 

Never ending battle of pain for me xD

Everyone is dubbed.

You can see it in almost all the scenes but it is very clear when they are doing scenes with more than 2 people. If you play close attention to their lips and sounds, they are all dubbed. Also if you dub one -Jasper Liu-, you gotta do them all. Otherwise the sounds don't match in the final edit.  

becausethisismy9thlife:

Everyone is dubbed.

You can see it in almost all the scenes but it is very clear when they are doing scenes with more than 2 people. If you play close attention to their lips and sounds, they are all dubbed. Also if you dub one -Jasper Liu-, you gotta do them all. Otherwise the sounds don't match in the final edit.  

if this is true, are they being dubbed with their own voices then or are they being voiced by an entirely different person?

Cooldaysinthesun:

if this is true, are they being dubbed with their own voices then or are they being voiced by an entirely different person? 

Its a different voice dub person for each main actor is my understanding- and then other roles can sometimes be the same voice dub person but with changes in tone. 

AvenueX - on youtube explains it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2wAzbgjt8A - why same voice actors are used for main roles over and over and over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcRYGmzcWv8&t=665s - why they dud in the first place

Cooldaysinthesun:

Thats what im trying to figure out. Her voice sounded higher in meteor garden and in a love so beautiful

She was dubbed by a voice actor for meteor garden. IMO, i think it is her own voice for alsb and this show.

Here are their real voices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o47xg0wLkE

Yes, agree for Shen Yue, this is her own voice, same as ALSB, only Shancai in Meteor garden is dubbed by someone else.

Milly Law:

Yes, agree for Shen Yue, this is her own voice, same as ALSB, only Shancai in Meteor garden is dubbed by someone else.

ohhhh that's nice to know, thank you!

what i know, everyone was dubbed but Jasper's voice definitely was dubbed by other voice actoe and Shen Yue is dubbing her own voice in the drama.  and Meteor Garden 2018 is the only drama she was dubbed by other people and that's why the voice's pitch was higher than her normal voice.