JulyMoon:

I second what mj-babec358 said. I love P'Aof's works as well. ? If the only option to get this published is to have a co-author with the writer role, I volunteer. 

It would seem the problem is that its BL. I am sad to read this.

Badass Bunny:

I talked to devitto and she said articles cannot be published if they contain ONLY LGBT projects :/

When did devitto say that? I checked the MDL Article Guide and no such rule exists. There used to be a rule like that, but the rule was removed years ago.

mjf314:

When did devitto say that? I checked the MDL Article Guide and no such rule exists. There used to be a rule like that, but the rule was removed years ago.

I had  DM convo with her and asked her directly.

I am not mandating anyone what they should be writing - I myself asked devitto that because I was interested in writing such article. 

Badass Bunny:

I had  DM convo with her and asked her directly.

I am not mandating anyone what they should be writing - I myself asked devitto that because I was interested in writing such article. 

The rule was changed in 2021. Based on the current rules, LGBT articles are allowed. Maybe devitto doesn't realize that the rule was changed.

If devitto doesn't want to edit the article, you can try asking a different editor.

mjf314:

The rule was changed in 2021. Based on the current rules, LGBT articles are allowed. Maybe devitto doesn't realize that the rule was changed.

If devitto doesn't want to edit the article, you can try asking a different editor.

Yeah, that's why I specifically asked her that, because I have been on MDL for ages, writing as well for a long time, so I did check the guidelines myself. 

I heard that it's not a question for editor, but admins, so I think reaching out to admins would be the most accurate thing to do, I guess? 

@devitto: I think you have some explaining to do. Why are you telling users that they can't write LGBT articles, even though the rule was changed in 2021?

mjf314:

@devitto: I think you have some explaining to do. Why are you telling users that they can't write LGBT articles, even though the rule was changed in 2021?

Let me clarify this, she said it is murky field. 

Mix of shows (straight+LGBT) are fine, but articles with only LGBT are usually rejected.

I am not bringing anyone into any fights, and I asked her about the issue privately, and I think you are putting devitto in a tight spot, which I never wanted to. 

This issue can be resolved simply by writing to admins, who in the end, are the ones that are in charge of publishing every article. 

Honestly, I regret coming into this discussion. 

Badass Bunny:

I talked to devitto and she said articles cannot be published if they contain ONLY LGBT projects :/

Ah yeah, that homophobic rule again... *sigh* 

mjf314:
I think you have some explaining to do. Why are you telling users that they can't write LGBT articles, even though the rule was changed in 2021?

It's not devitto, who's at fault here. It's indeed a rule the admins set and no one else. So please, do not blame the editors (devitto) for this. They have a really hard position here and end up getting caught in the middle of having to following the rules and what users demand. I'm all in for LGTBQ+ articles, but we need to adress the admins if we want to achieve that. 

Ok, I'm sorry for blaming the editors. I'll post about it on the support forum.

JulyMoon:

It's not devitto, who's at fault here. It's indeed a rule the admins set and no one else. So please, do not blame the editors (devitto) for this. They have a really hard position here and end up getting caught in the middle of having to following the rules and what users demand. I'm all in for LGTBQ+ articles, but we need to adress the admins if we want to achieve that. 

Exactly, devitto is not at all at fault and I truly feel bad about all this.

Just now I messaged Skye (admin) and asked about the ongoing question about LGBT articles, so I hope I will recieve an answer very soon. 

If admin responds, I will write it here, or admin might come here and write it for all of us. 

Badass Bunny:

Just now I messaged Skye (admin) and asked about the ongoing question about LGBT articles, so I hope I will recieve an answer very soon. 

If admin responds, I will write it here, or admin might come here and write it for all of us. 

Don't be. It wasn't your fault, nor was it the fault of someone else. It's a misunderstanding and we cleared it. :)

I really hope we can bring more LGTBQ+ content (articles) here on MDL. Love is love and there shouldn't be a rule against it depending on genders. 

Hi!!

I would like to write an editorial 'Soul-Stirring Spectacles' : Asian Dramas and Movies that Resonate with Heartfelt Emotions.

(It's about tear-jerker Dramas and Movies)

Co-authors are most welcome .

Badass Bunny:

Thank you so much for contacting the admins. I am keen to see the feedback. There was an article about our favourite Thai BL actor )Gun) on MDL at some point and it went really well.

The world is not entirely straight and MDL could do with some representation in this respect.

mjf314:

I was referred to this forum when I sent a DM and was told devito could assist.

Anyone know any of the admins? I could DM and also check. Thank you so much friends and allies :)