writerpersona:

Also Ji Yun is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. He covered up for his evil mother so he deserves to die. Ignorance is not bliss.

Ignorance is bliss....
If JiYun did not discover about his mother evil actions since 15years ago, and all the recent ones to cover that wrong in past... he would have continued living base on his motto - something like crime must be punished regardless of status.

Stacy:

Yeah despite knowing his mother is a murderer who killed lots of ppl he's covering up her wrong doings. 

He said because she was his mother, loved one... so he will do everything to protect her...
But at the beginning he did tell his mother to stop.... that was before he discover the extend of her evil doings. Then he was extremely sad, as he knew he had to do more "bad" things to cover those done in the past, and it will keep piling up ?
Pity him that he has such a mother... 

I read somewhere that writers have to find a way to get around Chinese censorship regarding transmigration, That's why most transmigration endings aren't good. I just hope the writers of Different Princess find a way to make the ending satisfactory.

My possible ending, In ep 1, HQG's novel was being deleted and someone was typing a new chapter. HQG wakes up and thinks everything was a dream, but she goes to her computer and the story she wrote was changed and tries to find who was messing up her novel. She looks for the person who was changing her story and it turns out to be Ji Chu. The end.

0330dramalove:

I read somewhere that writers have to find a way to get around Chinese censorship regarding transmigration, That's why most transmigration endings aren't good. I just hope the writers of Different Princess find a way to make the ending satisfactory.

My possible ending, In ep 1, HQG's novel was being deleted and someone was typing a new chapter. HQG wakes up and thinks everything was a dream, but she goes to her computer and the story she wrote was changed and tries to find who was messing up her novel. She looks for the person who was changing her story and it turns out to be Ji Chu. The end.

OH... I really like your possible ending ?
I went back to rewatch ep1, but there wasn't anyone  typing a new chapter.... seems her computer was hacked... then when she fell asleep her computer screen turn-on & the chapters scrolled to the point where she entered her novel.

Yes, I read about their censorship... that's why it is usually a dream ?‍♀️

@0330dramalove, You are right. They have to handle the ending carefully to pass C censorship.  Talk about possibility ending, she will die, and Ji Chu will fight for the throne for many reasons. We have the same thought. I have a feeling they will meet in the real world, and they are both writers. Do you all remember, Yiren's character repeatedly asked who wrote stories like this, because she had never written anything like this? The first time she entered the world of the novel, she immediately died (as her punishment). Second, she was given the opportunity to change the plot, to be able to comeback to the real world. but as we all knew, the storyline was different, meaning another writer did it. Who?  I'm guessing  he is Ji Chu. This will be their happy end in the real world. 

@Arunika, I am very glad that you're joining this forum; as it is always good to learn the many insights of many viewers.
I have some relief after reading your notes here . . but the feeling of sadness in my heart still remains; it seems that I very much engaged in this drama that I liked to believe that Qing and Ji Chu will have a happy ending. 

Hi @MAlbrra25! I love to be around with people who appreciate the same drama as i do. 

The time travel genre, the transmigration from the real world to a fantasy world, whether into novels or games, usually has a less than satisfying ending. Even though very few dramas in this genre have a happy ending, they only show it for a few seconds, then it's over. This sometimes makes those of us who have invested time in watching become disappointed and annoyed. Therefore I am curious how the author of this drama completed the storyline? I want to see her return to the real world and meet Ji Chu. Series of this genre always end with the main characters meeting in the last few seconds. Instead, they have to spend time together in the real world when they meet. 

Arunika:

Hi @MAlbrra25! I love to be around with people who appreciate the same drama as i do. 

The time travel genre, the transmigration from the real world to a fantasy world, whether into novels or games, usually has a less than satisfying ending. Even though very few dramas in this genre have a happy ending, they only show it for a few seconds, then it's over. This sometimes makes those of us who have invested time in watching become disappointed and annoyed. Therefore I am curious how the author of this drama completed the storyline? I want to see her return to the real world and meet Ji Chu. Series of this genre always end with the main characters meeting in the last few seconds. Instead, they have to spend time together in the real world when they meet. 

It would be really good if there's ji chu in real world too but the ending clip indicated ji chu will end up alone ( scene outside the palace where ji chu was holding qing's bracelet with a sad expression) so i wonder what that scene means.

Let's wait to see what happens in the end. I'm sure they are trying to give the best to the audience, because I heard rumors that there will be two alternative endings. Maybe the first version of the ending is the scripts writer 's original idea and concept, while the second version is probably to please the audience (fans service). Whatever the ending is, I hope it's not an open ending which I don't think is possible for this drama because she's supposed to come back.

So as per some netizens the ending will be that after qing's death the plot of novel will go back to it's original plot , everyone will seems to be forgotten her as qing doesn't exist in the novel plot at all. And probably Ji Chu will remember qing at the very last moment in the novel by seeing her bracelet that there was Qing whom he loved( the ending clip were ji chu was wearing golden crown and standing outside the palace with qing's bracelet)

Brooky:
OH... I really like your possible ending ?
I went back to rewatch ep1, but there wasn't anyone  typing a new chapter.... seems her computer was hacked... then when she fell asleep her computer screen turn-on & the chapters scrolled to the point where she entered her novel.

I really hope it's Ji Chu who hacked her computer. Then they meet in the real world. Or else, I'd be like the readers of Qing Ge in the first episode who were cursing her, lol.

Arunika:
Let's wait to see what happens in the end. I'm sure they are trying to give the best to the audience, because I heard rumors that there will be two alternative endings. Maybe the first version of the ending is the scripts writer 's original idea and concept, while the second version is probably to please the audience (fans service). Whatever the ending is, I hope it's not an open ending which I don't think is possible for this drama because she's supposed to come back.

I would really be ok with the fan service version lol.

Stacy:

So as per some netizens the ending will be that after qing's death the plot of novel will go back to it's original plot , everyone will seems to be forgotten her as qing doesn't exist in the novel plot at all. And probably Ji Chu will remember qing at the very last moment in the novel by seeing her bracelet that there was Qing whom he loved( the ending clip were ji chu was wearing golden crown and standing outside the palace with qing's bracelet)

Where  is that ending clip with the bracelet? I could not find it. 

Mich:

Where  is that ending clip with the bracelet? I could not find it. 

After the episodes end there is ending clips u can see ji chu wearing a golden crown standing outside the palace holding qing's bracelet. See the ending video. See this photo https://mydramalist.com/photos/vXRx7W_3

Arunika:

I believe you are right that the 2nd version is fans service...