Watching and enjoying Dr.John made me remember how much I enjoy a good medical Kdrama. Some of the most charismatic lead roles I have seen are from medical Kdramas.Here are some of my faves across the years 

Romantic Doctor,Teacher Kim

Doctors/Doctor Crush

Doctor Prisoner 

Good Doctor

Yong Pal

Doctor Stranger 

Medical Top team (first half only)

So, what are yours ?

A Beautiful Mind

Good Doctor 

Romantic Teacher Doctor Kim

A Poem A Day

Doctors

Aren't just based on the medical part, I just liked the overall flow of these dramas. Also, definitely enjoying Dr. John. It's rising up the ranks pretty quickly, don't know whether it's because of the story or Ji Sung's charsimatic and captivating acting but I'm loving it till now.

• Kounodori/Dr. Storks (All seasons!) 
  • Code Blue (all seasons) 
  • Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim
  • Behind the white tower
  • Good Doctor
  • A Life
  • Life
  • Black Pean
  • Golden Time
  • Brain

Forensic/Patholiogic/investigative

• The Virus
  • God's Quiz (all seasons) 
  • Unnatural
  • Medical examiner Dr. Qin
  • Fragile

I don't like pure medicals and I didn't watch that many, but I enjoyed:

Life

Cross

A Beautiful Mind 

sesimesi_momo:

A Beautiful Mind

Good Doctor 

Romantic Teacher Doctor Kim

A Poem A Day

Doctors

Aren't just based on the medical part, I just liked the overall flow of these dramas. Also, definitely enjoying Dr. John. It's rising up the ranks pretty quickly, don't know whether it's because of the story or Ji Sung's charsimatic and captivating acting but I'm loving it till now.

Thanks! I missed out on adding " A beautiful Mind" in my list ..Had really liked that one as well.

I agree on the point regarding the flow-I was a reluctant convert to Korean medical dramas considering I didn't like many western medical shows -it is the plot movement which is very brisk in Kdramas that make this genre quite enjoyable.

And yes,JI Sung has oodles of charisma and this show really is using it well so far!

Czakhareina:
  • Kounodori/Dr. Storks (All seasons!) 
  • Code Blue (all seasons) 
  • Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim
  • Behind the white tower
  • Good Doctor
  • A Life
  • Life
  • Black Pean
  • Golden Time
  • Brain

Forensic/Patholiogic/investigative

• The Virus
  • God's Quiz (all seasons) 
  • Unnatural
  • Medical examiner Dr. Qin
  • Fragile

Thanks for the reply!

Looks like I have quite a good number of  dramas to check out from your list !

Haeju:

I don't like pure medicals and I didn't watch that many, but I enjoyed:

Life

Cross

A Beautiful Mind 

Thanks for the reply !

I am yet to see Life and yet to complete Cross but Beautiful Mind was a very good show 

For me:

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

Doctor Prisoner

A Beautiful Mind

Good Doctor (Original - superb. J version wasn’t the best, the American version - woeful)

A Life (Brilliant J Drama)

Doctor Stranger

Doctors

Emergency Couple 

I haven’t seen what I would call a decent historical doctor series yet. I always find the go back in time ones disappointing. Of course I like House MD (US) not only because of the characters, but because of the diagnostic process. I think Dr John is going really well, but I hope that the need for “drama” will not outweigh the big point of difference where the Prosecutor won his case on the doctor’s role is to “not kill” as opposed to what it actually is, which is: “do no harm”.

SeanFletcher:

For me:

Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

Doctor Prisoner

A Beautiful Mind

Good Doctor (Original - superb. J version wasn’t the best, the American version - woeful)

A Life (Brilliant J Drama)

Doctor Stranger

Doctors

Emergency Couple 

I haven’t seen what I would call a decent historical doctor series yet. I always find the go back in time ones disappointing. Of course I like House MD (US) not only because of the characters, but because of the diagnostic process. I think Dr John is going really well, but I hope that the need for “drama” will not outweigh the big point of difference where the Prosecutor won his case on the doctor’s role is to “not kill” as opposed to what it actually is, which is: “do no harm”.

Thanks for replying! Had been avoiding Emergency Couple as dont really like the female lead in that but will try to check it out !

On Historical medical series think Dr.Jin was quite good (both J and K versions ) .Also had liked Faith -no due to medical reasons but due to the action and fantasy elements 

Egi Toko:

Doctor x

It will always be best medical drama for me. and diamo michiko will always be best character in any drama.

Thanks for the reply.Havent seen this one as like Kdramas more than Jdramas but have always been curious about Doctor X -Should be really good as it seems to have had 5-6 seasons

My favorite Medical dramas are

Heart Surgeons And Cain and Abel

• A Beautiful Mind (2016)
  • Live Up to Your Name (2017)
  • Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (2016)
  • D-Day (2015)

HOSPITAL PLAYLIST

emergency couple

doctors

and doctor prisoner

I love med dramas <3

Best medical drama imo has got to be Doctors: Saikyou no Meii. 

Live Up To Your Name is a good one.