In the sense that a fan is a person who goes mindlessly apeshit, screaming their heads off and running around like a headless chook at the mere sight of my idol. No I'm not a 'fan'. I've never been the sort of person who loses their shit at the sight of any idol. I'm not the sort of person who has idols.

Why am I so tolerant? Because I'm just that sort of person.

As to whether you or anyone else has 'doubt' of me. I don't particularly care. I didn't conduct any sort of secret blood sharing ceremony to belong to some mindlessly devoted fan club. Or anti-fan club for that matter. I don't know any sort of secret passwords. The first time I heard of Wang Juan was on this web site and I'm not in any way interested in his previous body of work.

I'm interested in Soul Land because I like it. That's it.

In the sense that I've read the (translated) novel and watched (repeatedly) the anime, you can call me a fan. Therefore I feel like I'm in a position to have a civil discussion about the pros and cons of the material. Since you've only bothered to throw shade my way and haven't really made any commentary on the material itself, should I perhaps be the one doubting you instead?

What about you Euphoria? 

Are you some sort of imposter fan? 

Are you all shade thrower and no substance?

Why don't you try having a conversation about the material rather than making personal attacks on other commentators?

Oh, and while we're at it, why don't you tell us when you stopped beating your wife?

(Just to be clear that last sentence was sarcasm).

@10katie01 correct me if i'm wrong which i dont think i am. a fan is not just someone who've come in contact with the work or just read it, they have to like it as well. i can say i've read so and so book, but am I a fan? depends on if i like what i'm reading. or for example m teacher have me read a book as grade and i've read it but i'm not a fan. 

i'm thinking, u dislike the main elements of the book but ur still a fan? why even trouble yourself?

as for why i'm only shading you, well i guess ur comments are very noticeable. even if i do make a comment on the drama and novel (which I did) I'm just going to be echoing opinions so might as well not and it's pointless

also I'm a female and straight 

Euphoria:
they have to like it as well.

You'll have to forgive me for quoting myself Euphoria...

10katie01:
I'm interested in Soul Land because I like it. That's it.

==================

Euphoria:
i'm thinking, u dislike the main elements of the book but ur still a fan?

I would consider myself a fan of Untamed, but I thought the sex scenes in the novel were kinda amateurish, and Jiang Cheng needs to be less of a whiny bitch.

I would consider myself a fan of Harry Potter, but Dobby irritated me no end.

I would consider myself a fan of Dune, but when it comes to the screen versions, only the one from 1970s with Kyle McLauchlan and Patrick Stewart in it. The others just aren't up to scratch.

I would consider myself a fan of Terry Pratchett, but I think the works he produced in the final few years were far from a standard he would have put his own self to if he hadn't been affected by alzheimers. (I have printed copies of all his works - even Nanny Ogg's cookbook).

I don't see your point. I don't think a person has to be mindlessly devoted to something to be a fan of it. You can still engage your brain on a critical level.

...and why are you still discussing me when you could be discussing THE MATERIAL???

10katie01:
I would consider myself a fan of Untamed, but I thought the sex scenes in the novel were kinda amateurish, and Jiang Cheng needs to be less of a whiny bitch.

I would consider myself a fan of Harry Potter, but Dobby irritated me no end.

I would consider myself a fan of Dune, but when it comes to the screen versions, only the one from 1970s with Kyle McLauchlan and Patrick Stewart in it. The others just aren't up to scratch.

I would consider myself a fan of Terry Pratchett, but I think the works he produced in the final few years were far from a standard he would have put his own self to if he hadn't been affected by alzheimers. (I have printed copies of all his works - even Nanny Ogg's cookbook).

I don't see your point. I don't think a person has to be mindlessly devoted to something to be a fan of it. You can still engage your brain on a critical level.

...and why are you still discussing me when you could be discussing THE MATERIAL???

I'm not discussing with u i'm questioning u, and also i already explain why i wasn't rlly discussing the material. cuz i would be echoing. i'm mainly here to read after my first few complains. most of my complains r in the main page before this thread was made. should i copy and paste everything here???

also my question is if u think cultivation and rebirth is stupid then why did u even read it? instead of dissing it, why dont u go read something suits ur noble taste?

Euphoria:
also my question is if u think cultivation and rebirth is stupid then why did u even read it? instead of dissing it, why dont u go read something suits ur noble taste?

The irony of people using a separate thread to discuss a topic because they feel targeted by others disagreeing with them, then targeting a person on the thread they create because they disagree with them.... oh the irony.

Why don't you provide a direct quote to me of when I said they were stupid.

Also, instead of dissing me, why don't you go read comments that better suit your confined taste?

@shao - Euphoria? Yeah, I think so too.

@shao -  ...and you're yet another person who's also an imposter. Why? Because you're only contributing a serving of passive-aggressive bitchiness and not bothering to contribute to a discussion of THE MATERIAL.

Oh, I need to take a moment out for a previous line of discussion in this thread.

Hey apocalib 🖖, see this....:

shao:
Sorry but I feel like there is an impostor who only read Soul Land page on Wiki then pretend to be a fan of novel/donghua lmao. It shows.

...is a prime example of a passive aggressive comment. Shao makes a personal attack on someone (me, in this case), without specifically naming them. Aggression and avoidance combined in the one pointless comment.

shao:
Sorry but I feel like there is an impostor who only read Soul Land page on Wiki then pretend to be a fan of novel/donghua lmao. It shows. 

i guess i'm not alone lol

Euphoria:
i guess i'm not alone lol

Yep. Both you and Shao are imposters.

@10katie01 instead of calling me an imposter why dont u tell me ur favorite scene or arc and ur favorite part about Soul Land? u feel like i'm shading u then why dont u faceslap me with some edvidence

for example: my favorite part about Douluo Dalu is Tang San's personaliy (refreshing) and the unique and creative cultivation system

my favorite arc is the tournament arc, that arc got me rlly hyped and excited, like take a good look at my 7 gods u lowly mortals. dont rlly have a decided favorite scene since I'm indecisive about that

Guys,

I think katie actually brings up many substantive points that haven't been addressed and explored yet.  I'd advocate that we engage in the arena of ideas rather than personal attacks.  The last thing we want to become is another comment section..

Ah ladies and gentlemen who don't visit Douban now you have Douban in practice here. They come with those exact points, I am an original fan but cultivation is boring, this is so much better, just keep watching and then it evolves into spamming a thread and their ultimate goal which is to shut down any and all criticism. It doesn't really matter if you do or don't respond, the outcome is the same and the goal is the most important. It is easy to recognise them because any normal person would just open their own positive thread but positivity is not their goal. Or simply their own thread and leave people to vent in peace. Not much that can be done as Douban especially saw in the last days. 

"idol" screenwriter all right. 

Favorite aspect: that the ML is a support job. Controller does have damage dealing capability, but their main role is, all things considered, really a support role. The front liner damage dealer types are usually the male leads. I like one of the support staff being in the limelight for once.

I agree that TS's personality  is good. Devotion to family and friends. Doesn't like injustice. But that's typical. 

Favorite skill : Luo san pao's gas attack.

When they opened their school tournament run with rapid beat up of the imperial team, yeah that was good, but in terms of story I like the battle with the fiend team because is shows their being developed as fighters in an all round manner, not just the happy happy no kill wins.

Shrimpy:
their ultimate goal which is to shut down any and all criticism.

Hypocrit. Also, ironical.

Try contributing to the discussion Shrimpy instead of continuing the personal attacks.