10katie01:
I agree that TS's personality  is good. Devotion to family and friends. Doesn't like injustice. But that's typical. 

I'm talking about the cool and composed part mainly (main reason i hate the adpatation cuz drama guy reminds me of deku (who i hate with a passion(stupid crybaby out of my face))

Euphoria:
I'm talking about the cool and composed part mainly (main reason i hate the adpatation cuz drama guy reminds me of deku (who i hate with a passion(stupid crybaby out of my face))

I don't understand the 'deku' reference. 

It is a pity that visual mediums favor expressive characters. The more 'still' (as in still waters run deep) characters tend to get misunderstood by the greater audiences who seem to expect that all the characters feelings or philosophies will be spelt out for them via the character's face and words, rather than paying attention to the characters actions. But then I suppose that's true to life as well.

Edit:

Had to add - favorite moment in the anime, when young TS is trying to enter the beginner school gates and is about to fall back on his Tang Sect training and beat the gatekeeper to kingdom come. Such a serious trained attacking stance from a little kid. The juxtaposition is hilarious.

10katie01:
Being female myself, and having the point of view that pure cultivation stories are boring, and what ultimately makes a so-called cultivation story success are it's other story elements aside from the cultivation, I can't argue against your assertion about whether female fans 'TRULY liking this genre'.

However, I ask you, when I say that it's the story elements other than the cultivation which make the cultivation genre successful, am I wrong...?

No, you're not wrong at all.  I get the feeling that you're underestimating the profound importance that cultivation has on this story's foundation, but imo anyone who places high priority on the work's backbone has their eye on the ball.  Nor do I think you're entirely wrong about waiting for the series to end before rendering final judgement.  In fact, I've fallen so far behind that I'm better off doing just that, even though I'm desperately itching to eviscerate this adaptation now LOL.  I'm trying to catch up now, but I'll be back once I get a chance to organize my thoughts and marshal my arguments..

Major:
In fact, I've fallen so far behind

><

You've reminded me I have to find some time and get around to finishing Legend of Fei, lol.

10katie01:
I don't understand the 'deku' reference. 

Deku, the overrated crybaby who have to cry every single chapter at least once. correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not shading or dissing cuz it's the truth i've read the manga (Deku fans better not attack me cuz I have more than a dozen arguments on my mind) (dont ask why i even read it in the first place, I got influenced by the overhype (so another thing, overhyped)

Drama Tang San reminds me of him the very first episode and I dont not like the fact he f*cking changed his personality to that similar to the number one character i hate. (ok im not gonna repeat that anymore as i have countless times in the main page on the day it was released

Lol, ok wow, this thread sure has moved. I think we all need to chill and take a break from the increasingly personal attacks. This is still a thread aimed for open discussion and like some of the others have said, let's not have this place become another main page. 

That being said, we'll have to agree to disagree @Katie. Since S2 isn't out yet, I can only judge based on what I see at hand and at 33 episodes, with only 7 to go before conclusion, I think (for me anyway) Wang Juan's failed. I don't see how he can turn this ship back on track. For me, any adaption of any work doesn't need to be true to the story 100% or even 80%, it just needs to manage to translate whatever made the original story magical onto whatever. medium it's being translated to. In this case, he hasn't manage to make Douluo special in any way. It's an average fantasy drama at best because he's written out a majority of what made it so good. Again, to each their own. This could still be an enjoyable drama for some to watch but purely as an adaptation, it falls short of the mark. 

(Also, lol Erlong is so disappointing in this but then again, ALL the fight scenes are disappointing in this. They've powered the Titled Douluos down so much and there's barely any ass kicking involved.)

10katie01:

><

You've reminded me I have to find some time and get around to finishing Legend of Fei, lol.

I gave up on LoF after 20 episodes...and then sped through the rest of the episodes after it aired. An extremely, extremely disappointing Wuxia considering the source material is so layered and has wonderful characters.

This back and forth seems tiring but I don't get this thing about waiting till the end before criticizing something. 

You should feel free to judge shows whenever you personally want, but I think it's absolutely fine to judge something if not on the first episode, then at least by episode 10 or so. DC could have the most amazeballs finale episode of all time and it'd still be a pretty mediocre show because 1 amazeballs episode doesn't revive 39 mediocre episodes. 

If I read a book and the first few chapters are dogshit I'm done with the book and feel absolutely fine about leaving a negative review. 

apocalib:
For me, any adaption of any work doesn't need to be true to the story 100% or even 80%, it just needs to manage to translate whatever made the original story magical onto whatever.

+1

Euphoria:
Deku, the overrated crybaby who have to cry every single chapter at least once.

This Deku you speak of. There must be a reason why you think it a good reference to make, so I'll make sure to check into it at some point. Thank you for the tip.

Euphoria:

Deku, the overrated crybaby who have to cry every single chapter at least once. correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not shading or dissing cuz it's the truth i've read the manga (Deku fans better not attack me cuz I have more than a dozen arguments on my mind) (dont ask why i even read it in the first place, I got influenced by the overhype (so another thing, overhyped)

I would honestly like to ask you, what's the problem with crying? Why is it that a protagonist of a shounen manga cannot cry and be emotional? Crying isn't ALL Deku does, he is also an incredibly powerful hero that fights to protect the weak and doesn't just sit on his ass waiting for someone to save him. I truly don't understand why we're still stuck in this mindset that boys aren't supposed to cry. And FYI he hasn't been a crybaby in the last hundred or so chapters, he's been busy fighting AFO/Shigaraki. Whether the manga is overrated, that's a difference of opinions so I won't argue with you on that. Also, lol they're all KIDS at the start of the manga so IDK what kid you know doesn't cry when he gets bullied. 

I don't even see how they can practically adapt a S2, especially if it's to be anything like the novel.  The Sea God Trials, 6 more rings on Blue Silver Grass, all the rings for the CS Hammer, the Seraphim/Poseidon/Asura abilities, the HUGE battle between the empires, the censorship fodder...OMG it would be a budget-busting CGI nightmare LOL.  They'd have to rewrite the ENTIRE thing.  I'm having these visions of Shrek riding a CGI Devil Great White Shark, or maybe a real one Lmao. Too bad because the second half is where much of the power-ups and action resides.  I have my issues with it, but I think most of the people who are new to DD are going to leave feeling thirsty.  Ending it with any sense of satisfaction will be quite the feat given how much time they wasted at the beginning..

Major:

I don't even see how they can practically adapt a S2, especially if it's to be anything like the novel.  The Sea God Trials, 6 more rings on Blue Silver Grass, all the rings for the CS Hammer, the HUGE battle between the empires...OMG it would be a budget busting CGI nightmare LOL.  Too bad because the second half is where 80% of the power-ups and action resides.  I have my issues with it, but I think most of the people who are new to DD are going to leave feeling thirsty.  Ending it with any sense of satisfaction will be quite the feat given how much time they wasted at the beginning..

I think maybe why they separated the seasons is to bet on there being enough sponsors/interest in S2 to up their CGI budget because I've worked out that the main reason Oscar & Rong Rong fight with their contraptions is probably to save on some of the CGI budgeting with using plain old smoke and explosions, lol (and it shows the whole supports can fight too etc etc). They cut out most of the footage of them training to get their soul rings to save on the CGI for the beasts so I don't think realistically, they can afford Sea Gods arc unless they massively, massively cut it out or IDK, make the beasts the size of a piranha (I'm exaggerating lol). 

On the other hand, sitting on steps, and trying to act as it was hard to walk up those steps, you would think would be extremely simple to film XD

However the pirate doctor probably wouldn't make it past the writer's rooms first coffee break.

Singularity:
This back and forth seems tiring but I don't get this thing about waiting till the end before criticizing something.

I believe the argument being, sometimes one's criticisms can end up being invalidated by events later in the work, if said criticism is based on a directional assumption, another adaptation, etc.  I've definitely had it happen to me--where a wholly unexpected twist or new info is used to cover its ass--which basically emasculated my seemingly good arguments.  But that doesn't mean early criticism is always wrong either--especially when they target the central premise or when a screenwriter, in all his wisdom, paints himself into a logical corner.  I'm happy to see that most of my arguments are still entirely unimpeachable for burning this adaptation down LOL.

Yo, where's that Among Us game I see us playin here? SIGN ME UP?!?!?! Who we sussing out?!?!? Who's the impostor?!?!?!?

In all seriousness, seems we've calmed down a bit, so that's good.