Shrimpy:

Actually, her acting and in general, Xiao Wu, is the second most criticised thing when it comes to complaints. Of course the issue with Xiao Wu is for the most part Wang Juan's fault as he is the one responsible for her character. The trouble is all that he added for her is not utilised by her as she doesn't know how. She is very one note and what passed in a first few episodes has turned into major annoyance. 

About 35 - this is where the romance comes in and I was laughing at how awkward it is. Xiao Zhan does his part really well but my gosh, she is just a lost cause. There is nothing to be done to save this. The writing itself is not good but even then, two good actors with good chemistry can make even cringe work. But not with her. Hell, Tang San and Bibi spark way better. 

lol oh my gods. it's saying something if theres so many complaints. I personally thought Xiao Wu was pretty cute, but that's just me cuz I've been in contact with so many op smartass fl so I got bored and Xiao Wu is different and refreshing for me

So, just saw ep 28-29. 

• They really turned Chen Xin into a gag didn't they.... I always saw him as a representation of some sort of noble flowing Sword Saint-type character from a wuxia/xianxia... damn...
  • Plot convenient devices seem to be powering up XW and TS in particular, so yea, the whole sacrificing of rings things was just artificial sentiment. Most likely their poor attempt at the sacrifice arc then to a degree seeing how much they're actually truncating here. 
  • Xuan Tian Records is just a random tome then??? I mean Ah Yin isn't able to make use of it nor was Tang Hao. So that means it's just a random tome because it's not possible they wrote it. However Ah Yin is the owner of it?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Can't believe I was right about the whole grass-type pokemon training to become an assassin in the woods.... it was a joke screenwriter...
  • If it's just a random tome, they totally could've gone with what I originally proposed in the beginning of this thread....
  • Apparently SH hunted down Ah Yin for the tome as it posed a threat to Soul Masters and the continent as it was a different way to train and acquire power without killing Spirit Beasts. But how would anyone know that the Xuan Tian Records would change the entire continent if they themselves were never able to even experience what it could do despite training with it... Literally no one is able to perform anything out of the Records besides TS. Plot and logic fallacy there....
  • The romance between XW and TS is kicking up again but it feels so sudden and forced because there's been nothing at all prior to all this aside from them being physically close to each other. Aside from the forced sacrifice seen where she recovers literally moments after. Can definitely tell they're feelin the pressure of having to end the series in just 10 more eps. Time to rush, rush, rush.
  • Apparently NRR has no knowledge at all about her own family's Martial Soul, probably dumbed this down on purpose for both the gag and for new viewers to be "surprised." Really makes no sense considering how she's the princess though... 
 OniBro:
Xuan Tian Records is just a random tome then??? I mean Ah Yin isn't able to make use of it nor was Tang Hao. So that means it's just a random tome because it's not possible they wrote it. However Ah Yin is the owner of it?!?!?!?!?!?

Great points.  I'm behind but couldn't wait to read those lol.  The one above and its related problems is especially crucial--basically the crux of why this adaptation is an abject failure imo, even though I'd acknowledge censorship cut the heart out of the series...

Major:
even though I'd acknowledge censorship cut the heart out of the series...

Definitely. It's just that, a lot of the times, it feels like they just rolled over and didn't even try to include the source material at all. 

Strange that Chrysanthemum Douluo is the first one to have the gravitas/presence one would expect from a titled Douluo, even though in the book he's kind of a flower-obsessed weirdo. 

I am still far lagging behind but reading your comments here for future episodes, it seems this drama just getting worse and worse. 

Did the identity of Ah Yin being 100,000 years old soul beast come out already? Because it is not make sense making her 100,000 years old soul beast and still the one reason that soul hall hunting her is not that. What did this scriptwriter do? Did he read the novel at all?????

Oh, and an afterthought. I personally don't think a need to use spoiler tag in this thread since all of us pretty much aware of the entire story, hahahaha

Xien_Rue:
Did the identity of Ah Yin being 100,000 years old soul beast come out already? Because it is not make sense making her 100,000 years old soul beast and still the one reason that soul hall hunting her is not that. What did this scriptwriter do? Did he read the novel at all?????

Nah, not yet. So the Yin-Yang Pool is actually an interspace pocket created by Ah Yin specifically for TS. Only TS can enter it due to Blue Silver Grass, not even Tang Hao or other Titled Douluos. TS just happens upon it because DB led him there as a "thank you" for saving him and his granddaughter. This makes no sense btw, DB leads TS to a place not even he can enter as a thank you lmao, so it's literally just forced plot convenience. Funnily enough, it is at the site of Tang Hao's battle against Spirit Hall before everything which makes no sense whatsoever. It is there that Ah Yin left a recorded message for TS and reveals everything except that she's a spirit beast or why his Blue Silver Grass is so strong. They probably did hunt her down for that reason, but apparently, the Xuan Tian Records is another motive for the reasons I stated above as that is all that Ah Yin's recorded message reveals. Unless they made Ah Yin a full human Soul Master and she's just an environmentalist because that's a pattern they've been trying to go with.... God, I hope that's not it....

Also, I'm only using spoiler tags, because some people might peek in here who still actually enjoy the drama only plot. Plus I think it's fun having someone from the source have a fresh reaction to the butchering but that's just me. ;)

Lol, I remember when I watched those episodes and was absolutely WTFing @ it all. I also just watched yesterday’s episodes and even more WTF. 

They got rid of the fight between Tang San and Feng Xiao Tian entirely (well, for now anyway) so there’s no big Hao Tian Hammer reveal. Instead, we got them walking to Spirit City for training purposes and we get him being called to meet Bibi Dong because she’s “curious” about him. His Hao Tian Hammer is only revealed under spirit pressure from her. My eyes rolled so far back into my head I can’t see clearly still. I’m still so annoyed that Gui Mei kicked Sword Gramp AND Ning Fengzhi’s ass so completely, like lol the swords are just props at point ahhhhhh. They also got rid of my most favorite scene aka the Four Titled Douluo showdown :((((( 

OniBro:
It is there that Ah Yin left a recorded message for TS and reveals everything except that she's a spirit beast or why his Blue Silver Grass is so strong.

Aaaaaarghhhh!!!!

I am so annoyed to Wang Juan. Did Tang San get confused why that his blue silver strong? Doesn't it get explained in the novel because the spirit evolved with every spirit ring it absorbed? His blue silver started to have different grade from the other blue silver grass spirit after he got his awakening arc.

Oh my, if the drama really plan to go this route, high chance they will scrap the plot regarding Ah Yin identity as soul beast.

Finished 35, wonder if they cut the wind team? Those scenes where the leader kept coming to the Shrek team to cheer them on so he could sleep with the Fire girl were hilarious

Xien_Rue:
Did Tang San get confused why that his blue silver strong? Doesn't it get explained in the novel because the spirit evolved with every spirit ring it absorbed? His blue silver started to have different grade from the other blue silver grass spirit after he got his awakening arc.

Nah, I think they're probably going to scrap the whole Blue Silver Emperor stuff. Remember that drama TS is very unquestioning. Either that or we'll have to wait until Ah Yin's identity is revealed, if they didn't change it that is. Then they'll probably shoehorn some lines for TS or XG explaining that TS inherited his mother's Blue Silver Grass like it's some sort of grand reveal, and that's why it's so strong just to spoon feed the audience on what's going on.  

And yea, it's because Ah Yin wasn't just any regular Blue Silver Grass spirit beast, she was the Empress, the strongest of the plant-type spirit beasts, making TS the Emperor. Nonetheless, TS basically has royal spirit beast blood in him. So that's why TS's Blue Silver Grass even has the capability to evolve and level up the way that it does. If TS's Blue Silver Grass was like any other, he basically wouldn't have been able to level it up period. After he awakened into Blue Silver Emperor, we get his iconic appearance and it was basically just a straight up upgrade, along with getting the Blue Silver Domain.

Would make sense to not bother with the whole blue silver emperor thing, that just makes things complicated for no reason. Ah Yin almost has to be a 100,000 year old spirit beast though, there's so much symmetry with Tang San's relationship with XW that I think it'd be impossible to cut. There's no particular reason his blue silver grass has to level up just because he finds that out though and if they can save on CGI by not having to re-animate a different appearing grass they might take it. 

@Singularity

Yeah, I don't expect to see any awakening or anything like that. I just mean that, at most, they'll probably just reveal his mom's identity as the Blue Silver Empress and have someone say that that's why his Blue Silver Grass is special. 

Even though some marketing material purposely makes it so TS's hair seem waaay bluer than normal. If they surprise us, that's cool, but otherwise, friggin liars lol. They knew exactly what they were doing with that marketing.

OniBro:
And yea, it's because Ah Yin wasn't just any regular Blue Silver Grass spirit beast, she was the Empress, the strongest of the plant-type spirit beasts, making TS the Emperor. Nonetheless, TS basically has royal spirit beast blood in him. So that's why TS's Blue Silver Grass even has the capability to evolve and level up the way that it does. If TS's Blue Silver Grass was like any other, he basically wouldn't have been able to level it up period. After he awakened into Blue Silver Emperor, we get his iconic appearance and it was basically just a straight up upgrade, along with getting the Blue Silver Domain.

All this time, I think that before awakening, the blue silver grass spirit of Tang San just the same as the other. It is just he has born with full soul power so make it possible for him to train that blue silver grass spirit. Even though he has a dormant royal blood that would enable his blue silver evolve into emperor blue silver, in the beginning that blood should not interfere with the quality of his blue silver grass. 

Even though the novel is indeed stated in the beginning that spirit soul is inherited from parents. The fact that Tang San have twin should in some way means that spirit from both parents are equally powerful. But, since the blood still in dormant state in the beginning, it should not the reason why Tang San able to evolve his blue silver to certain degree.

Xien_Rue:
Even though the novel is indeed stated in the beginning that spirit soul is inherited from parents. The fact that Tang San have twin should in some way means that spirit from both parents are equally powerful. But, since the blood still in dormant state in the beginning, it should not the reason why Tang San able to evolve his blue silver to certain degree.

You said it right, in TS's case, his Twin Souls had to be of the same quality, which means that his Blue Silver Grass since the beginning was never like any other Blue Silver Grass you'd see. If the Hao Tian Hammer was considered one of the strongest tool souls, then that means TS's Blue Silver Grass had to be up to par since the beginning as any other ordinary Blue Silver Grass would not hold a candle to the hammer's quality even if it was dormant. I think it was DB or XG who explained this as they thought it was peculiar TS's souls were the hammer and the grass, which meant the grass had to of been inherently special, when TS was thinking about giving up on leveling the grass. 

Then XG I think, noted that TS's grass being able to be taken as far as it has was already weird enough as throughout his studies many have tried and failed or at least weren't nearly up to par as TS's grass capabilities. As again, XG was pure theory until he met TS's martial soul. So, XG accredited some of TS's plant-evolution to being due to Ah Yin's martial soul, theorizing that it must've had base capabilities that no other grass had due to it not truly being BSG but a variant, Emperor/Empress, even though it was dormant. This meant that TS was truly one-of-a-kind. And even when TS did awaken into Blue Silver Emperor, it didn't really do anything other than strengthening the plant further, from what I remember, and giving him the Blue Silver Domain, along with his 5th skill of course. 

So the blood allowed him to evolve into Blue Silver Emperor, but the Martial Soul was already innately special if we treat them as two different things inherited from Ah Yin. Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.