Oh dear lol.  

Even the lesser misdemeanors bothered me.  I loved how near the beginning TS and XG are having a nice casual theoretical conversation about the SB his mom left him, while that Spirit Elder and his whole squad are outside.  All they had to do was put a knife to the village head's throat and order them to get the phuk out.  Then again during one of the early match fights?, TS gets an idea and starts a tactics conversation with Rongrong and Oscar, leaving the rest of the hanging lol.  

Yeah the fights still bother me. In 37 there's a fun fight which is 2 vs 2 (or really 2 vs 1) but the group fights in general look boring af. This isn't a problem with effects, the CGI looks fine, most ppl just stand there and T pose all fight while 1 person at a time does abilities, it's extremely odd to look at. Even if multiple ppl are doing abilities, they're 95% of the time all standing still. There's really only 2 actual dynamic, moving fights I can recall.

I don't think this is necessarily the screenwriter's fault, he just writes dialogue. They should have a fight choreographer who is in charge of making the fights look interesting and dynamic. 

Meanwhile the donghua is killing it, with the best eps of DD imo--uniting of the Sects.  Yang Wudi entrance next week is gonna be epic asf.  Actually I'm grateful for this drama in one respect: every weekend I go back to the donghua it's even more rewarding LOL.

Singularity:
I don't think this is necessarily the screenwriter's fault, he just writes dialogue. They should have a fight choreographer who is in charge of making the fights look interesting and dynamic.

Agreed - it's like they forgot a crew member entirely or he never showed up for work.

I'm shocked DC is still holding on at 8.2.

And I thought it is because of my elevated taste of fighting scene. Finally other people who think that the fighting scene is atrocious. It is not only how the opponent is standing still, the choreography bothering me, too. And the fact that Shrek brings hidden weapon while the opponent only uses their soul power. I heard that this drama is to promote something about youth. Do they want to promote cheating here?

With lots of will-power and fast forwarding, I watched to episode 21  today. But, I just cannot go on. So I skipped immediately to episode 37 and another atrocious fighting scene graced my eyes. I think I will just wait until the final episode and then watching clips of the previous episodes that I have missed. Sorry, but watching this drama feels like a chore. 

Now let me list my grievances:

1. Xiao Zhan and/or Wang Juan interpretation of Tang San is a kind and naive boy. And while I know that this is the first time Xiao Zhan doing voice dub, I truly hope someone in his side to teach him or to revise him. His voice dub for Tang San makes this character sounds dumb.

2. The actor acted as Master; Calvin Chen, just fails in exuded enough charisma. Yu Xiao Gang in this drama feels like stupid and unsure person, mirroring his two spirit ring condition. 

3. Xiao Wu is annoying. 

4. Fighting scenes are ugly. Battle strategy is bad. Choreography is wooden.

5. The voice actor acted as Tang San mother in the dream space doesn't sound motherly at all. It sounds like witch woman bewitching her prey. This is coming from someone who are very familiar with chinese drama for her entire life. Believe me, this evaluation doesn't come from someone who are foreign with mandarin.

6. Wang Juan added a brother for Dai Mu Bai and a sister to Zhu Zu Qing. I hope that we will get some emotional line here but nope. It is just another spiteful sibling relationship. Why bother added them then? Wang Juan added sob story practically everywhere but he failed in developing ones that might be very much acceptable to original fans. 

7. The BGM is very bad. Like they are not even trying to find a suitable music for certain scene.

CGI in this drama actually is good enough. But good CGI could never save bad directing and messy plot while the vise versa will work. And I am agree with the evaluation of some user here that the drama fails in lining up the power hierarchy to the audience. Watching Er Ming, I don't feel any trepidation at all. The spider (that become Tang San 3rd spirit ring) felt like pest and killed so easily. 

This Wang Juan, I hope will never ever touch a xuanhuan genre again in his life.

Major:
I'm shocked DC is still holding on at 8.2.

The genre itself is more popular to male population. There are very few percentage of female population that liking this kind of genre (the original, I mean). This watered down adaptation honestly quite palatable to general female audiences, which is why lots of user in the main thread are still able to liking this watered down adaptation. And MDL is filled with female population so ....

I have said it before that Wang Juan changed Douluo Dalu that caters to male to the one that caters to female instead. 

Also, I believe most of us here haven't rated this drama yet.

I couldn't quote because it says it's too long.

Responding @Xien_Rue's grievance no 6, as far as I remember in original material, Dai Mubai also has a brother and Zhu Zhu Qing has a sister. The sibling relationship is toxic as well... This part still sticks to the book.

For the rest, I agreed ><

narnia:

I couldn't quote because it says it's too long.

Responding @Xien_Rue's grievance no 6, as far as I remember in original material, Dai Mubai also has a brother and Zhu Zhu Qing has a sister. The sibling relationship is toxic as well... This part still sticks to the book.

For the rest, I agreed ><

I know that Dai Mu Bai has brother in the original (I never remember Zhu Zhu Qing has one though). I meant the drama add something by "showing" the character instead of just mentioning their existence like in the novel. And this is should be when the drama showing its worth by digging more and add some emotional line, but no. Like perhaps giving us something from the POV of those sibling.

Honestly sometimes I wonder whether stans think at all about what they're watching lol...

Major:

Honestly sometimes I wonder whether stans think at all about what they're watching lol...

I honestly wonder if some viewers in general even think at all about what they're watching. I swear if it is considered a drama to some of them it's just an instant 10/10. Not even rating objectively or providing anything objective period relating to the work, just the medium. Stuffs got me scared lol...

OniBro:
I swear if it is considered a drama to some of them it's just an instant 10/10.

That was my biggest surprise first coming to drama land - how easy it seemed to hypnotize the mindless masses into thinking everything is a masterpiece lol.  But hey, great for productions companies--all you need is a pretty- faced idol, a copy pasta setup, and a few really dramatic Ost's, preferably performed by the idol him/herself.  And voila, another ratings killer.  Critical thinking gets neglected and even discouraged, and production companies are more than happy to cut quality when there's no demand for it.  The familiar story with a lot of modern "art" unfortunately.  I gave up on Hollywood long ago for the Criterion channel specializing in old movies, mostly foreign.

btw u guys better start calling it a dongman cuz donghua is kids cartoon like nick jr. if u dont believe me u can check out the tencent video site. DD would be under 动漫 and little kids cartoon would be 动画 

Anyone has watched the last episode? How is it?

And just another user complaining toward us in the main thread. Now add a complain regarding spoiler tag. As far as I now, we are pretty strict with ourselves regarding spoiler tag in the main thread and even though there is a slip here and there, it is far and between. Not to mention the drama/actor fans themselves also made the same mistake. Honestly, I am confused on some people who are so sensitive toward spoiler but still coming to discussion forum. And there is one user who said that they even have to move the discussion somewhere else to evade us, hahahahahaha.  And here I think that their drama discussion practically going nowhere in the main thread because there are too many plot hole in the drama. 

As @major said, it is so surprising that people think of this as masterpiece drama. I admit that this is watchable but no masterpiece. If I want to evaluate it as new watcher, I will give it 7/10 at best. But since this is marketed as adaptation, then I shall evaluate it as adaptation. This drama not worth more than 5 as an adaptation (the value can be even lower). The traffic actor culture is so annoying. It masks bad drama as good drama. I hope this culture will died down soon so the capital will be more serious in making a drama instead of just slap the audience with pretty face.

Xien_Rue:
As @major said, it is so surprising that people think of this as masterpiece drama. I admit that this is watchable but no masterpiece. If I want to evaluate it as new watcher, I will give it 7/10 at best. But since this is marketed as adaptation, then I shall evaluate it as adaptation. This drama not worth more than 5 as an adaptation (the value can be even lower). The traffic actor culture is so annoying.

tell me about it. this drama is practically a ppt. i'm gonna be even more rude, if I didnt know, I would've thought Guo Xiao 4 is the screenwriter. from what I heard, the industry is even worst than that and the film colleges aren't making it better. someof those actors cant even READ the f*cking lines

Euphoria:

tell me about it. this drama is practically a ppt. i'm gonna be even more rude, if I didnt know, I would've thought Guo Xiao 4 is the screenwriter. from what I heard, the industry is even worst than that and the film colleges aren't making it better. someof those actors cant even READ the f*cking lines

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean as ppt? And who is this Guo Xiao?