Holy fuck, finished ep 40 and am beyond disappointed. 

I thought they were going to do something interesting/new with the assassination plot but Bibi Dong nicks that entire plot line in literally 2 minutes. All the random shit Wang Juan threw in there, the mutations, the mind control, looking for the traitor, it led absolutely nowhere. If he was going to change the plot why not actually change something? This was a detour that just led back to the same road. Why even bother with the detour at that point?

Also, maybe I misremembered or played the Tan Hao appearance differently in my head then the text said but I thought he was supposed to just appear hovering in the air? Like he's been waiting there the whole time. That was one of the coolest moments in the book but instead no, the drama just has him walk in the door. Like a bored uncle. His clash with Bibi Dong was super anticlimactic as well.

Singularity:
Also, maybe I misremembered or played the Tan Hao appearance differently in my head then the text said but I thought he was supposed to just appear hovering in the air? Like he's been waiting there the whole time. That was one of the coolest moments in the book but instead no, the drama just has him walk in the door. Like a bored uncle. His clash with Bibi Dong was super anticlimactic as well.

Nah, they totally f* up Tang Hao's entrance. The most badass entrance and most badass display of Hao Tian Hammer's might reduced to a boomerang throw. I only watched for that scene and it was basically 10 seconds long. They spent longer on the fade out montage of TangWu. Outside of that, they ended this exactly where I thought it would end.

Singularity:

So it ended with the TH rescue, correct?  I only made it to ep twenty something and gave up.  I couldn't take it anymore lol.

Singularity:
Tan Hao appearance differently in my head then the text said but I thought he was supposed to just appear hovering in the air?

The entrance in the anime was epic asf.  Probably the best character entrance I've ever seen. Even puts Thor in the shade lol. You mean this, I assume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOkx0OrCD-g

Looks to me like people are really disappointed with the ending.  DOH! LOL.  Well I'm not surprised at all.  Choreography and direction were so messed up from the start, I expected as much.

Worst part is I really wanted to like this and tried hard.  But there was so much crap I couldn't just ignore.  And the irony is it had nothing to do with pre-exposure to the novel like everyone assumes.  My eyes would still be rolling into the back of my head regardless.

Major:

So it ended with the TH rescue, correct?  I only made it to ep twenty something and gave up.  I couldn't take it anymore lol.

The entrance in the anime was epic asf.  You mean this, I assume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOkx0OrCD-g

Yes, ends with the rescue.

Damn that's a hell of a scene. I've never watched much of the anime. I think the anime actually takes the amount of hype and dials it up to 12, the drama takes the hype and dials it down to 5 lol. 

Singularity:

Yes, ends with the rescue.

Damn that's a hell of a scene. I've never watched much of the anime. I think the anime actually takes the amount of hype and dials it up to 12, the drama takes the hype and dials it down to 5 lol. 

IKR, when just his voice starting cracking the foundations of SH I almost fell out my chair.  Then when he lifts the hammer and giant pieces of rubble rise off the ground XD.  Always had the best quotes too: "Seven Titled Douluo, Spirit Hall is truly worthy of being Spirit Hall. Unfortunately, even if there's seven of you, so what? Watch carefully, this is the true Clear Sky Avatar."  Sick asf.

Just finished watching episode 40. I am giving up of watching this drama, episode by episode. 

1. Please remind me, since I forgot the little detail of the novel, just who is the opponent of shrek in the final? The one with moon like saber? I don't remember reading a character like him in the novel.

2. Hu Lie Na or Qian Ren Xue ....... This character is neither. I cannot relate this woman in the drama to either novel character. And her spirit? Nine tail fox? Do we even have that in the novel???? I truly cannot remember anything like that.

3. That was a bad acting from the actress of Bibi Dong. There was no charisma, no aura. Just a bad mood old woman.

4. Tang San solo fight in the tournament with the guy with moon like saber had the worst fighting choreography among the other fights happened in this episode. 

5. The way the drama treated Hao Tian hammer is insulting. The hammer is not to be used as projectile that should be thrown. This is not Thor movie. 

6. Both Bibi Dong and Tang Hao were titled douluo. I expected their fight would be great, not just finished less than 1 minute. Tang Hao entry coolness was only 1/100 from the one depicted in either novel or anime.

7. Is this a tournament or an exam. Why don't we have audiences??????? 

In the nutshell, this drama is a failed adaptation. I cannot say whether it is better than Fight Break Sphere or not. Both are just rage inducing.

1. That guy is Hu Lie Na's brother in the novel, he had the same soul in the novel IIRC, a moon blade. He really only shows up in the tournament, I don't think we see him fight any more after that. 

2. Hu Lie Na does have the nine-tailed fox I think in the novel or at least some sort of fox. I was confused too, I think if she is probably hiding her true power as her angel soul is a bit OP

7. Was also wishing there were crowds lol. Budget reasons?

I'm seeing chaos occur from both sides as it seems everyone was massively disappointed. Here I am like, gotta wait for subs.... LOL 2-3 days behind...

Nonetheless, it seems even people who had their expectations low to start were disappointed.

Xien_Rue:
1. Please remind me, since I forgot the little detail of the novel, just who is the opponent of shrek in the final? The one with moon like saber? I don't remember reading a character like him in the novel.

2. Hu Lie Na or Qian Ren Xue ....... This character is neither. I cannot relate this woman in the drama to either novel character. And her spirit? Nine tail fox? Do we even have that in the novel???? I truly cannot remember anything like that.

1. That's HLN's brother, Xie Yue.  Remember they formed a spirit fushion in the final with SH using her charm cloud and his moon blade, which cut off all of TS's 8 spider lances and almost killed him, until he hits them with Batwing Rebound..

2.  They combined both characters into one here *facepalm* it looks like...

Singularity:

1. That guy is Hu Lie Na's brother in the novel, he had the same soul in the novel IIRC, a moon blade. He really only shows up in the tournament, I don't think we see him fight any more after that. 

2. Hu Lie Na does have the nine-tailed fox I think in the novel. I was confused too, I think if she is probably hiding her true power as her angel soul is a bit OP

7. Was also wishing there were crowds lol. Budget reasons?

I see. Thank you for the clarification. I have truly forgotten all those side characters. 

I hate when every flaw is defended by budget reason. They must have known that this kind of adaptation is a CGI nightmare so they need to have higher budget. If they could not take out the money, they should have never start the production at all. 

Anybody know the name of the director? I am going to put this director name and Wang Juan to my black list, together with the director of Reunion: The Sound of Providence. Those are people who don't have respect to original material.

Yep, I lost it originally in the Qian Renxue reveal that HLN was reduced to a spirit tool and spirit beast as her drama representation aside from mentioning her name since she apparently died already.

Major:
1. That's HLN's brother, Xie Yue. Remember they formed a spirit fushion in the final with SH using her charm cloud and his moon blade, which cut off all of his 8 spider lances and almost killed him, until he hits them with Batwing Rebound..

Cannot remember. Seems it is time to revisit either the novel or donghua.

I LOL when every member of HD Imperial team just stood there waiting to get taken out by the Moon Blade lol.