10katie01:
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you guys on this. I think we need to wait until the completion of the series to see how his altered plot lines work out in full. It's too early to tell.

Oh, perhaps this is the part that made you go off your rocker Shrimpy.

Here, I'll fix it for you, so perhaps you'll feel less aggrieved:

"I'm going to respectfully disagree with you guys on this. I'm going to wait until the completion of the series to see how his altered plot lines work out in full. For me it's too early to tell."

There now. Are your feelings all better, precious?

10katie01:

Oh, perhaps this is the part that made you go off your rocker Shrimpy.

Here, I'll fix it for you, so perhaps you'll feel less aggrieved:

"I'm going to respectfully disagree with you guys on this. I'm going to wait until the completion of the series to see how his altered plot lines work out in full. For me it's too early to tell."

There now. Are your feelings all better, precious?

Since it seems to be difficult for you

" So, I make this discussion thread so that we as original fans (novel or donghua) could complain without disrupting the positive vibe in the main discussion page". 

You can open your own thread for a positive view of the novel. Instead you spam here, exactly in the same way your ilk spams Douban. Well, what else can one expect really. 

10katie01:
However, I ask you, when I say that it's the story elements other than the cultivation which make the cultivation genre successful, am I wrong...?

Umm, you are half right half wrong. I am not saying that the background story is not important. But the fighting itself is the one makes cultivation novel so very enjoyable. Every novel has its own cultivation system. It is akin to reading a gaming novel, but with better characterization and storytelling. In my opinion, after reading lots of males comment in webnovel website, it is the fighting and seeing how the MC level up and tackling his enemies that make the novel appealing to the male gender. 

Your point of view is valid still, but pretty much from female point of view. I, myself, enjoying the pure logic and fighting in this male novel. If I want to see an emotional line, I will choose reading other genre like xianxia. Honestly, even though I am a female myself, I am getting bored with lots of reading material for female because too much damsel in distress and emotional line. I am quite sure that majority of female that love xuanhuan genre actually looking for the fighting and cool moment inside, not the emotional background. As I see it, we are actually a minority because this is a genre that caters to male.

Therefore, I said that Wang Juan just made a big mistake in this adaptation if it is true that 60% of viewers are male. Because the things that he THOUGHT was interesting, is actually the very thing that male hates. Wang Juan added sob story here and there, but it never led to cool moments or great fighting scenes. The fighting scenes in this drama felt like a desert instead of main dish. 

Well, based on your comments here, I take you are actually quite enjoying this adaptation?!

@ Shrimpy

Positive view of the novel...?

Hold up, isn't that what your position is? You love the original material and hate the series?

And what on earth is 'Douban' anyway?

And how have I stopped you from complaining?

And what makes you think I don't have complaints about the series? I've made a number of complaints about it so far.

Oh, and lastly ..."I make this discussion thread". Not a lockstep opinion echo chamber. A discussion thread.

If you want a private chatroom, why don't you create a private chatroom instead trying to hold back the tides by demanding someone else on the internet not to read and interact on a public discussion thread.

You were real smart on that tactic, weren't ya Shrimpy.

Xien_Rue:
I am getting bored with lots of reading material for female because too much damsel in distress and emotional line.

It does get quite 'same old same old' doesn't it.

Xien_Rue:
Because the things that he THOUGHT was interesting, is actually the very thing that male hates. Wang Juan added sob story here and there, but it never led to cool moments or great fighting scenes

I'd agree on that. The IPs strength, it's core, was centred on it's skill progress and they've cut that back to a great degree.

Xien_Rue:
Well, based on your comments here, I take you are actually quite enjoying this adaptation?!

Eh. 

'm enjoying it for what it is, but I'm not wild about it.

That flute track is freaky as f.... . Their budget must've been really low.

Tang San's voice in the first few eps is too dopey, but it gets less sleep inducing after those first few episodes.

There really has been too many adjustments to characters and plots for my comfort, but I'm truly holding myself back on making a final judgement until the end of the series.

Oscar's character in particular is really freaking annoying.

And the mullets, oh god the mullets ... is this director still living in the 70s?

Also what was with the improptu music session on the road?

And I don't like what they've done with the Master's character.

....I could go on.

Edit: One last gripe I will make is Er Long was really kick arse in the anime. Now!? But I'm following the eng sub releases and am only up to ep 27. Crossing my fingers she hasn't been completely neutered.

Please don't make this thread an arena to fight between ourselves. We already have lots of people who hate our guts in the main thread. My original intention when creating this thread is to create a safe heaven for us original fans who want to rant and vent while discussing the difference between original and adaptation. It is indeed as @Shrimpy said that this thread is mainly for us to complain. Because if we want to praise this adaptation, we would never have to move here.

I am not rejecting any user who want to come here and discuss together with us, bitter viewers, but please be at your discretion, since the people who come here, come mainly to vent their frustration. So, there will be lots of negative vibe because that what this thread is for; to contain our negativity. I take that some of us actually will still go out to the main thread to help the new viewers. I get that there are some neutral original fans like @10katie01 who more or less can be more accepting toward the adaptation or just take a stance of wait and see. I do respect those kind of fans. As long as they don't start preaching about how we should be more tolerance toward this drama, I think any discussion is still fine and acceptable here. Perhaps we just need to respect each other.

/bows respectfully to laoshi Xien_Rue

/drops a highly toxic bottom burp while passing by that rude arsehat Shrimpy.

Edit: See Shrimpy - I can be as negative as the next person.

Of course the negativity will mainly be directed at you, but since you love tongue lashings so much that shouldn't be a problem for you.

???

@10katie01

I am very disappointed toward this scriptwriter. I don't care that he is the idol scriptwriter or the like. In my eyes, he never thought of his audience when he wrote script for this drama. This is an IP who caters to MALE!! Why did he add so many of sob story for???? Not to mention, he made all cool characters that ooze confidence and pride to become a shadow of themselves. Did he think that this kind of weak and pitiful character was more interesting? Well, perhaps yes if his audience was those female that love cheesy romance genre. But this is xuanhuan! A cultivation novel which the MC will most of the time is the genius, arrogant, and confident young man. 

I also wait for the ending, just to see just how bad they can butchered this IP. We already see around 3/4 of this drama and no ending could save this drama. The ending perhaps will give us some cool moments but that's it. It will not make this drama become forgive-able, especially if we look it from adaptation point of view.

I am finding it hard to believe he was ever really a 'fan'. The series is simply too changed from the feel of the original material. I think it's more likely he saw it was popular and thought he might be able to make himself a name by taking it on.

But yeah. You know where I stand on things. I'll watch to the end. See if, as a whole, it makes a cohesive story.

10katie01:

/bows respectfully to laoshi Xien_Rue

/drops a highly toxic bottom burp while passing by that rude arsehat Shrimpy.

Edit: See Shrimpy - I can be as negative as the next person.

Of course the negativity will mainly be directed at you, but since you love tongue lashings so much that shouldn't be a problem for you.

???

Talk to a psychiatrist, you need it. 

Shrimpy:
Talk to a psychiatrist, you need it.

...says the person angrily demanding random people on the internet follow his orders...

10katie01:

I am finding it hard to believe he was ever really a 'fan'. The series is simply too changed from the feel of the original material. I think it's more likely he saw it was popular and thought he might be able to make himself a name by taking it on.

But yeah. You know where I stand on things. I'll watch to the end. See if, as a whole, it makes a cohesive story.

Well, nothing wrong with reserving final judgment until the end. I shall hear your judgment by the end of this month, I think, hahahahahaha

Oh by the way, Douban is Chinese IMDB for your information. The rating there is quite important for Chinese people. The website also holds forum discussion akin to MDL but more complex. The discussion there is not pretty. There is fight between drama/actor fans and original fans. The problem is, there are lots of drama/actor fans who disguised as original fans and just praising the drama. Perhaps @Shrimpy thought you were one of them hence her anger (hopefully you are not them, hehe). Honestly, those fake original fans has done such disservice to the true one because now lots of original fans is being labelled as haters or black fans of actor. 

Drama/actor fans in China is using Wang Juan name to defend their argument that the drama is fantastic and we, original fans, are wrong. In the future, I will certainly be wary of this name.

Aaah. I see.

Battle of the fans.

Where's the nearest Thunderdome when you need one.

wow... I've just seen the first episode and a few clips...  all of this is not making me want to watch the rest..... I guess i'll drop it (but hang around lol)

@10katie01 I'm starting to doubt you. r u actually a novel/dongman fan? why are you so tolerant of the drama/wang juan and u said u find cultivation boring?? than i take it u actually aren't a fan and according to what u said, I take u find rebirth pointless? u aren't just an imposter fan are you?