OneAjhussi:

I bet they would not be together in the end. I expect an open ending. He dies trying to save her (since this idiot promised he  would always protect her when she is in his sight) but he is not really dead. They meet again several years later when he is somewhere else and someone else.

OneAjhussi,

what do you mean by “someone else”? Do you mean he’s lost his memory or is hiding with a fake identity? I suppose both are viable options in dramas. 

Everyone, calm down. 

They saw the first snow together after the lights came on again post-blackout. They chugged beer and had fried chicken while looking out to a river? Yes. You remember the k-drama trope that goes with that? Nuff said.

Not really sure yet. The story line is still developing. It definitely ends with forbidden romance.  I am hoping they both remember meeting on the bridge in Switzerland at least! 

Itinerant:

Everyone, calm down. 

They saw the first snow together after the lights came on again post-blackout. They chugged beer and had fried chicken while looking out to a river? Yes. You remember the k-drama trope that goes with that? Nuff said.

Which k-drama trope? I am fairly new to the K drama scene so I don’t know all the tropes yet. Then again, regardless of the country most romantic shows have the same tropes- Although I must say there’s an off a lot of people with the face blindness thing in K dramas than I’ve ever seen in American dramas – I don’t think I’ve ever seen that at all

DJRuth79:

Which k-drama trope? I am fairly new to the K drama scene so I don’t know all the tropes yet. Then again, regardless of the country most romantic shows have the same tropes- Although I must say there’s an off a lot of people with the face blindness thing in K dramas than I’ve ever seen in American dramas – I don’t think I’ve ever seen that at all

I watched this using Netflix in Asia and their subtitles informed me that urban legend has it that lovers who see the first snow together would have their love fulfilled.

If I am not mistaken, this trope has been used at least twice to date by this writer-nim, inclusive of this time. She used this in "Legends of the Deep Blue Sea" too.

Welcome to k-drama land, Chingu.

they are skipping airing episodes this week! Due to cold weather in Korea. 

Another possibility is that as it continues to rise in the ratings, the production team will decide to write for a second season, leaving a total non-ending like Vagabond's

burhaaadmi:

Another possibility is that as it continues to rise in the ratings, the production team will decide to write for a second season, leaving a total non-ending like Vagabond's

Vagabond's ending drove me crazy! 

Itinerant:

I watched this using Netflix in Asia and their subtitles informed me that urban legend has it that lovers who see the first snow together would have their love fulfilled.

If I am not mistaken, this trope has been used at least twice to date by this writer-nim, inclusive of this time. She used this in "Legends of the Deep Blue Sea" too.

Welcome to k-drama land, Chingu.

Thank you for the welcome, I am quite enjoying k-drama land. My subtitles said the same thing regarding the first snow fall. Granted I doubt any of us needed that clarification to see what’s the main goal here. 

buchae:

Vagabond's ending drove me crazy! 

That's because it wasn't intended to be an ending, just a setup for a season 2 - if it gets one. That's my fear for Crash Landing On You

burhaaadmi:

That's because it wasn't intended to be an ending, just a setup for a season 2 - if it gets one. That's my fear for Crash Landing On You

Gotcha The same thing has happened to several Netflix productions. Alahambra comes to mind too 

buchae:

they are skipping airing episodes this week! Due to cold weather in Korea. 

I don’t understand- how does the weather affect air dates for a show? Is it currently filming and they can’t finish an episode so they want to drag out the season to allow for time to make up the missed shooting days? 

DJRuth79:

I don’t understand- how does the weather affect air dates for a show? Is it currently filming and they can’t finish an episode so they want to drag out the season to allow for time to make up the missed shooting days? 

It is the EVIL known as "live shooting" Because the Drama is not fully pre-produced, they are shooting as they air. On this occasion, likely because of the VERY high profile leads, the production has been temporarily suspended due to the extreme cold.  Such concern for the welfare of cast and crew is extremely rare, shooting temperatures well below zero Celsius is not at all uncommon.

burhaaadmi:

It is the EVIL known as "live shooting" Because the Drama is not fully pre-produced, they are shooting as they air. On this occasion, likely because of the VERY high profile leads, the production has been temporarily suspended due to the extreme cold.  Such concern for the welfare of cast and crew is extremely rare, shooting temperatures well below zero Celsius is not at all uncommon. 

Hmmmm.. I wonder how that will affect the Netflix broadcast here in the states. It still says we’re getting episodes  next weekend Jan 5/6. But I do notice that they’re taking a break by the end of January to extend it further into February

DJRuth79:

I don’t understand- how does the weather affect air dates for a show? Is it currently filming and they can’t finish an episode so they want to drag out the season to allow for time to make up the missed shooting days? 

Perhaps the team has been laid low by the adverse weather conditions and are bedraggled/worse for wear right now.  Taking time off for R&R. What's key is they are doing "live shooting" as @burhaaadmi rightly pointed out above.

That said, this discussion thread is specifically for the discussion of how it might all end and the more appropriate forum to discuss the hiatus would be in the main discussion forum for this drama. My 2 cents and a sign of respect to the chingu who started this specific thread. 

Namaste.