The postponement is relevant to HOW it will end, because it could well affect WHEN it will end.  If, for example, either or both of the leads has an existing scheduling commitment that makes a delayed ending impossible, episodes will be cut. Many Dramas have been rewritten due to such delays, having episodes cut which obviously affected the planned storyline. So discussing the postponement is relevant to the theme of the thread.

burhaaadmi:

The postponement is relevant to HOW it will end, because it could well affect WHEN it will end.  If, for example, either or both of the leads has an existing scheduling commitment that makes a delayed ending impossible, episodes will be cut. Many Dramas have been rewritten due to such delays, having episodes cut which obviously affected the planned storyline. So discussing the postponement is relevant to the theme of the thread. 

Well, that's terse.

I would think that we are trying to see if it is going to be:

Option A: Happy Ending;

or Option B: Bad Ending.

and an elaboration of why (A) or why (B).

Agree to disagree then.

DJRuth79:

OneAjhussi,

what do you mean by “someone else”? Do you mean he’s lost his memory or is hiding with a fake identity? I suppose both are viable options in dramas. 

Music seems to be an important thing for him. You can feel he has memories and regrets even if he accepted to take the place of his brother in the military. So maybe he will go back to a life of musician but he will have to assume a new identity and hide from North Korea because I doubt they let him go quietly. I think a loss of memory is less desirable for him becuase he would loose a part of himself. That's never a good thing. Now ok. We will see. I just don't want a bad ending.

OneAjhussi:

Music seems to be an important thing for him. You can feel he has memories and regrets even if he accepted to take the place of his brother in the military. So maybe he will go back to a life of musician but he will have to assume a new identity and hide from North Korea because I doubt they let him go quietly. I think a loss of memory is less desirable for him becuase he would loose a part of himself. That's never a good thing. Now ok. We will see. I just don't want a bad ending. 

Ah, I see. Yes, I think that is a feasible ending. Kind of hope they go that way myself. I too am hoping for a happy ending. That’s my one fault with these shows that only have 16 episodes a lot has to happen in not a lot of time. But usually it works out well. We shall see.

Is it just me or do they keep foreshadowing the reunification by the end of the drama?  

Meg:

Is it just me or do they keep foreshadowing the reunification by the end of the drama?  

I get the exact opposite impression. ESPECIALLY   in her "prizes" she gave the squad. She always offered some amazing, life-changing prize "after reunifaction" or something much more mundane and realistic "right now". For example, the offer of several million won "after reunification" versus a few potatoes "right now" Or, in the case of the K Drama addice, a few million won "right now", versus lunch with his bias Choi Ji Woo "after reunification". In both cases, she made the offer because she was explicitly certainthe reunification option would be considered a dream.

burhaaadmi:

I get the exact opposite impression. ESPECIALLY   in her "prizes" she gave the squad. She always offered some amazing, life-changing prize "after reunifaction" or something much more mundane and realistic "right now". For example, the offer of several million won "after reunification" versus a few potatoes "right now" Or, in the case of the K Drama addice, a few million won "right now", versus lunch with his bias Choi Ji Woo "after reunification". In both cases, she made the offer because she was explicitly certainthe reunification option would be considered a dream.

Oh I meant in the artistic terms, rather than what is happening in the actual drama. It was mentioned on a few occasions,  part of me thinks, why would whoever made the decision to put it in do it if they are no planning to follow up on that? Of course western script writing pattern can be different to the way it's done in Korea, the dramas have surprised me in the past by doing something  very different  to  what might have been done somewhere in the US.  Which is part of the reason why I love Kdramas so much :-)

Meg:
, why would whoever made the decision to put it in do it if they are no planning to follow up on that?

EVERY South Korean Drama that features North Korea mentions reunification. It's inescapable, "the elephant in the room" to such an extent that NOT mentioning reunification, especially in a Drama that is actually set as taking place largely in North Korea, would be absurd

burhaaadmi:

EVERY South Korean Drama that features North Korea mentions reunification. It's inescapable, "the elephant in the room" to such an extent that NOT mentioning reunification, especially in a Drama that is actually set as taking place largely in North Korea, would be absurd

Has there been a Kdrama that mentioned it and actually went through their version of it? 

DJRuth79:

Has there been a Kdrama that mentioned it and actually went through their version of it? 

There may have been, but I haven't seen one.

burhaaadmi:

The only other one I have watched is The King 2 Hearts and I can't remember what was and wasn't mentioned, but I didn't get the same vibe of it. I am really not sure though, nor do I really mind as long as we get a happy ending. 

I really hope it's a happy ending, but I think I'm kidding myself. 

**Opinion from watching up to episode 6**

I think that the ending is going to have a lot to do with his brother. His brother left his watch (that seems to be important for some reason). So I think maybe he's in South Korea? Maybe the ML goes to the south to find out what really happened? Something like that. But I don't think he'll defect & even if he did it wouldn't be all roses, from what I've read it's really tough for North Koreans entering the South, they have to have re education and stuff. 

I just don't want anyone to die. PLEASE don't kill anyone.

Okay, we are now halfway through the series and crazy is off the rails. What is everyone’s opinion now of how it will end? 

DJRuth79:

Okay, we are now halfway through the series and crazy is off the rails. What is everyone’s opinion now of how it will end? 

It's not going to end - each episode is getting longer than the last. It started at 77 minutes for episode 1, up to 86 for episode 8. So by episode 16 we'll discover it's now infinitely long. :D

I feel like the tone of the series is foreshadowing a happy ending, but that could be wishful thinking. I have no idea how it could possibly end happily, but I want it so bad. I guess my head says sad, but my heart won't listen... TT