At this stage, it looks like they are going to end up in another country together. I really don't think this will have a sad ending when it comes to the romantic part of the story. 

Lita:

if they want to be realistic, a sad ending is the only choice

Lita, 

I agree and disagree. I think that realistically is that ending would be more common under the circumstances. However knowing that Jeong Already had the opportunity to go to Switzerland for studies wouldn’t there be a possibility that he could go there again? I don’t know if the riders will go that way but if it was an option one so I wouldn’t be an option again? That being said of course, his whole family would have to go with him to protect them. I’m guessing if they’re going to go for a happy ending a lot of people are going to have to leave North Korea.

Unless we're talking about something completely off the rails, like reunification or a fake death and assuming a new identity, there are only three ways this drama can end:

1. The story ends with Seri and RJH in limbo, separated by a border. This would be a horrible ending for everyone involved, including the audience. I can't believe the writers will do this.

2. Either RJH or Seri dies, more likely RJH. IMO this would be a slightly more acceptable result than the first scenario because at least there would be closure, but it would leave a pretty bitter taste in the mouths of the audience. The writers would have to craft this ending so delicately they I don't think they will risk it. They do want future work, after all.

3. RJH and Seri end up together. The question is where?

3(a): SK: In real life, it could never be in South Korea. It would destroy the lives of his parents if RJH defected to SK.

3(b): Switzerland or some other third country: If it's a third country, it will probably be Switzerland, given its importance in the story line. The problem with Switzerland is that it could not be a permanent solution, because at some point RJH would have to return to NK, or it's the same defection problem with the threat to RJH's parents. I don't think it will be Switzerland, unless the writers are simply going to ignore that this scenario wouldn't work in real life, because RJH would never put his parents at risk like this.

3(c): NK: This is where I would put my money. RJH and Seri will marry and live together in North Korea. RJH's father should have the political muscle to make it happen, or at least that is how it will be portrayed. Moreover, it seems like Seri has some sort of connection to NK from her past (from her birth mother?), which might give her the legal right to live there. You can see from the reactions of the stepmother and Sang-a when the possibility of Seri being in NK is first raised. The stepmother looks visibly shaken, and there is a close up of the normally cool Sang-a nervously clenching and unclenching her fingers in the scene with Mr. Wong and the insurance agent when they suggest she is in NK. The fact they made it a close up means it has some importance to the story, but so far it has not been developed. I'm not sure how Sang-a would know about Seri's NK past, but we can all see how devious she is. She might have found it going through the family documents the way she was going through Seri's papers.

Moreover, Seri was happy in NK. At one point she says she has to go back to SK soon, because "I'm fitting in too well." And in the Pyongyang restaurant, with her head on RJH's shoulder, she says "I'm liking it here too much." Granted, it is a brutal dictatorship, and Seri would be giving up her business and right to travel the world. But it would an extraordinary expression of her love for RJH, and we know how much she loves him. I can see the writers doing this.

The only other possibility I guess is that RJH's parents die in some way, and NK loses their hold on him. All bets are off if that happens.

BTW, SPOILER ALERT!!

It has been reported on Twitter that the CLOY producers are looking for 4 year old twins!

pinksprings01:

If anyone has seen the Bollywood film Veer Zaara, I feel like potentially the ending will be similar with the leads meeting again years even decades later even.

if this show follows the bollywood film Veer Zaara I will be sorely disappointed -- since that would mean the leads will end up together decades after they fell in love initially (4 decades, to be exact).

AimzZ:

if this show follows the bollywood film Veer Zaara I will be sorely disappointed -- since that would mean the leads will end up together decades after they fell in love initially (4 decades, to be exact).

I agree! That would be the same as a sad ending too me, they need to have a baby or it's not a happy ending, haha!

Joanna M:

I agree! That would be the same as a sad ending too me, they need to have a baby or it's not a happy ending, haha!

agreed! haha

I hope they wont make them siblings  for asking the 4 years old twins just kidding

Its a sad ending for sure.

pinksprings01:

If anyone has seen the Bollywood film Veer Zaara, I feel like potentially the ending will be similar with the leads meeting again years even decades later even.

I have! It would be interesting if it went that away, and I believe the melodramatic ending would make a lot of sense considering the way the story is going. The emotional, poetic love when they see each other decades laters! The embrace! Everything! 

Are they going to make her have the twins and raise them on her own

1. RJH'  knocks Seri up before leaving for N Korea. He becomes station as a dmz border guard and can only Seri and his kids on the DMZ. :)

2. This imaginary world allows some free transit between some business people from south to north korea. Seri forms a buisness relationship with Dan's companie and shei is allow to freely transit between the 2 countries. Dan is freely allow to transit to south korea to see her con-man boyfriend.

From episode 14, it sounds like RJH's father is cooking up a scheme that would allow RJH and Seri to live together in North Korea.   The cover story is that RJH has seduced Seri to come to NK, bringing her great wealth with her.  I don't see how anyone would fall for that in real life, but if it keeps them together, I say yay!

It will leave Seri with a tough choice however--RJH or freedom?   Maybe this was intended to be the real "Seri's Choice" all along!   

tofu cultivator:

1. RJH'  knocks Seri up before leaving for N Korea. He becomes station as a dmz border guard and can only Seri and his kids on the DMZ. :)

2. This imaginary world allows some free transit between some business people from south to north korea. Seri forms a buisness relationship with Dan's companie and shei is allow to freely transit between the 2 countries. Dan is freely allow to transit to south korea to see her con-man boyfriend.

This is my favorite scenario so far, very in line with the ending from "My love from another star"

I feel that this should have a happy ending. It is a romcom, not a melodrama

tofu cultivator:

These are my favorite theory's about how the drama could possibly end. That 2nd theory could be interesting to see play out if it does happen.

I'd like a happy ending. Everyone gets to be where they want to be in the end.   I can see SeRi hiring SeungJun because he is a good guy. I'd love to see the ladies of North Korea in South K.  I don't think we will get everything we want.  The harsh reality of the North Korean government will be apart of the ending for sure.