Hmm. Overall this was an 'ok' series. The start, and the middle, were terrific, but the last 10 or so episodes were horrible.

The main issues I had with the final-most episodes are that

1) Jang Bo-go made a ton of stupid decisions (And I mean a ton, but the main ones were not trusting his group enough, and letting Yeom-Moon live)

2) The romance between Jang Bo-go and Jung-Hwa went nowhere (I was really disappointed in this, I mean, they loved each other but didn't get together for literally no reason, which was entirely Jung-Hwa's fault)

3) Kim-Yang was a bland villain (Not only was he introduced too late, leaving little to any room for character development etc, but he was just so unoriginal)

4) FARRRR too many conveniences (Like how Yeom-Moon just happens to live every single fricken time when everyone else around him perishes, and how everyone has spies in everyone else's camps and they're almost never caught)

5) The holier-than-thou approach of Jang Bo-go and his group (Seriously, how many times do you guys want to let these corrupt, evil bastards walk all over you? You don't have to outright massacre them, but sometimes you need to dirty your hands)

Now that the negatives are out the way, here's what I did like

1) The friendship between Jang and Won (Especially during the earlier episodes, that was some emotional shiet)

2) The premise itself (I really like a good underdog story, and this was done quite well)

3) Character diversity (There were so many different personalities and motivations, especially among the merchants)

4) The action sequences (I've seen better, but they were done sufficiently)

Not bad, but not very good either.