I have more questions:

1:3b Actor from a country not on MDL - can this be an actor that is not in a main role?
eg. https://mydramalist.com/people/111223-sazal-kim (he is in a support role in Gaus Electronics and a guest role in The Law Cafe)

7:5a Newest release date in your PTW -  means the one that is releasing first this year?

7:5b Release date older than the oldest title in your watchlist - so if the oldest title I've completed is 1996, then it has to be older than that?

8:4a with someone or something mentioned in a game - does this mean "title with a person or a title" mentioned in a game?

10 - 14 are tags except when featured is mentioned, yes?

16 Do the actors have to be main characters?

ColourMePurple:
1:3b Actor from a country not on MDL - can this be an actor that is not in a main role?

I think this means that Actor must not be from the 7 MDL countries. Like some english actor or any other Nationality. Well I don't know about this specific actor, as he is mentioned as Korean here.

ColourMePurple:
7:5a Newest release date in your PTW -  means the one that is releasing first this year?

When you settle your PTW in descending order of Release date whatever comes first.

ColourMePurple:
7:5b Release date older than the oldest title in your watchlist - so if the oldest title I've completed is 1996, then it has to be older than that?

Yes.

ColourMePurple:
8:4a with someone or something mentioned in a game - does this mean "title with a person or a title" mentioned in a game?

Yes. Can be person or genre or Title itself  mentioned in games. Like there are games "Best drama of Lee jung suk" etc. 

ColourMePurple:
16 Do the actors have to be main characters?

Yes

ColourMePurple:
10 - 14 are tags except when featured is mentioned, yes?

Yes

Gummy_Marshmallow:
I think this means that Actor must not be from the 7 MDL countries. Like some english actor or any other.

I understood that part. But what if that actor is not playing the main character? Is that okay?

Gummy_Marshmallow:
When you settle your PTW in descending order of Release date whatever comes first.

All the 2023 titles are arranged alphabetically automatically not necessarily based on the release date.

Thanks for the other answers.

Gummy_Marshmallow:
Well I don't know about this specific actor, as he is mentioned as Korean here.

Oh, I didn't realise his nationality is listed as South Korean. I'm not sure if it changed recently as I believe he is of South Asian ethnicity. In any case, I was just wondering about the role.

ColourMePurple:
All the 2023 titles are arranged alphabetically automatically not necessarily based on the release date.

Ohh ... I misunderstood your question. You don't have to go for specific date just any title is fine. (Since your PTW has 5 '23 titles any is fine)

ColourMePurple:
I understood that part. But what if that actor is not playing the main character? Is that okay?

I think any role will do, as it is not stated otherwise. Wait to someone else's reply maybe you'll get better answer.

Gummy_Marshmallow  thanks a lot for helping us out!  Goes to all of you who answer the questions, keep it up ;)   ❤️

ColourMePurple when it comes

1. 3 

Co-Produced 

OR 

Starring an Actor/Actress in a project from a country NOT on MDL

Since we used the word starring for this route  the person should have a leading role/ be listed as a Main.  

If you sort by year you will find them alphabetically if you then visit the titles you can see the actual release date on the top left corner.  But it should be enough to go by year. 

I hope this answers your question otherwise tell me and I will try to make it clearer. 

All the best 

Gummy_Marshmallow:

@Bingewatcher Don't confuse your self with Names of the Stages. It is simple first you have to watch all 25 blocks to complete 1st stage - PLAINS. Then you have to go through same 25 blocks to complete - FOREST Stage but with different titles. And so on....

Also if you want to go on next stage(from plains to forest to mountains .....) you have to watch titles from all 7 Countries on MDL in previous environment(stage).

This is true, You have to complete all 25 blocks to get to the next stage (or have it filled when you turn it, you may watch in any order you would like). 

Just one thing,  the only time you must watch titles  from all 7 countries without using treats is  to get the tiger  badge.  

You must watch 5 titles per block in the first 24 blocks + 7 titles in the 25th block making it 127 titles to get to the next stage. You are allowed to use treats in the international block to get to the next stage, and must not watch drams from all the countries on MDL if you don´t want to. But I personally would highly recommend doing it 

I would also like to remind you of the does and dont's when filling in  the application. You may choose to copy the form again for each stage OR use the same table. It is up to you, just make sure to link between posts if you run out of space. 

here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/83559-mdl-s-2023-watch-challenge-f-a-q-and-discussion-thread?pid=2443721&page=1#p2443721

Shiro:
Gummy_Marshmallow  thanks a lot for helping us out!

No issues. ❤️ 

Just wanted to say how much I'm loving the format of having choices this year! I also love and appreciate the change of the challenge now ending on December 31st... those last few days will be really helpful ;)

This is my third year participating and I think this version of the challenge could be my favorite so far. It just keeps getting better every year and all the hard work by everyone involved is super appreciated!?

Shiro:
If you sort by year you will find them alphabetically if you then visit the titles you can see the actual release date on the top left corner.  But it should be enough to go by year. 

Since the titles I currently have in my PTW list from 2023 don't have an air date as yet, I would like to ask based on a few examples.
Brain Cooperation - started airing today, 2nd Jan

Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist Season 2 - starts airing 11th Jan

Crash Course in Romance - starts airing 14th Jan

Based on this which suits the "newest release date" best?

ColourMePurple:

Since the titles I currently have in my PTW list from 2023 don't have an air date as yet, I would like to ask based on a few examples.
Brain Cooperation - started airing today, 2nd Jan

Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist Season 2 - starts airing 11th Jan

Crash Course in Romance - starts airing 14th Jan

Based on this which suits the "newest release date" best?

I would say take a look at it once you decide to take that route that way you will have a fresh date

sone:

Just wanted to say how much I'm loving the format of having choices this year! I also love and appreciate the change of the challenge now ending on December 31st... those last few days will be really helpful ;)

This is my third year participating and I think this version of the challenge could be my favorite so far. It just keeps getting better every year and all the hard work by everyone involved is super appreciated!?

Thank you ❤️

@Shiro

Hi!  I wanted to try it, but I don't have permission to view the document, and I can't copy the code. If you enable it, I can try. Thanks anyway for the explanation!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i2XN-F87gaAEJZcRFpdGhMiAQH7L3uNB7bjX6FbU4Bs/edit?usp=sharing 

@ColourMePurple 

Hi! The tools of the tables are already clear to me, thank you very much! Last year I did not do the challenge, and previously no table was used, that is why I am completely unaware. Thank you very much for explaining to me about the colors, it's a good piece of information!