Challenge #1 | Challenge #2

I recommend Gummy_Marshmallow to watch The Killer's Shopping List. I hope you don't mind that it isn't from your PTW as I didn't really know many dramas from it. ? (Also wow you watched so many!) Anyway this is quite a short drama (only 8 eps) but it's packed with many well-mixed genres that I hope will be to your liking. :) Happy watching! (Let me know if you don't like it and I can choose something else.)

Open for a rec! Once again I would like it to be from my PTW but don't let that limit you! 

(At the moment, I'm feeling in mood mostly for a k-drama, either some feel-good rom-com or a detective mystery. But definitely feel free to recommend me something entirely different if you think it will be to my liking! ♡ )

I accept Xiao Zi's recommendation. I'm not a big fan of age gaps (especially if the FL is a teen) but the tags promise a "healthy mains' relationship" so I'll keep an open mind. And you're right, it would be great for me to step out of my comfort zone. And I like Zhao Lusi too so let's try! :)

Rating: 8/10 ⭐

I'll start by saying that I find this drama to be over-hyped but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It's fluffy and sweet (mostly it felt like a fanfic.?), both the ML and FL are nice people but I wasn't a big fan of their relationship. It was healthy but I feel like the story was revolving too much around the age gap, don't get me wrong I'm glad that it was adressed but it was mentioned in every episode and so much throughout the drama: if you take it out, there really isn't much left. And I also didn't like the parts with 14-year-old Sang Yi at all. But what I loved were the friendship groups and Sang Yi's relationship with her brother, all their teasing felt so real and wholesome. 

4th Challenge completed.

I recommend Alex  to watch Hidden Love. This is not from your PTW list (But the whole point of this challenge it to make us come out of our comfort zones and try something new!) It is a c- romcom released this year starring Zhao Lusi(?) and Chen ZheYuan . It's very fluffy and likeable and I think you'll like it! 

Image Link: https://i.mydramalist.com/E5vm17_3m.jpg

I accept cdramaqueen 's recommendation to watch Destined. Actually I'e been meaning to watch this. Thanks for the push. ( And yeah I don't look at my PTW  at all?)

I really liked the drama. Everything was nice. I especially loved the first quarter of the drama. 

First time participating! 

I recommend to Xiao Zi the Chinese drama "Destined". 

It wasn't on your PTW list but seeing as your PTW list was of such a long length, I've come to the conclusion that you probably don't look at it very often ?. Destined has just aired this year, and because we have similar taste, I think you will find this drama to your liking! 

I'm open to any recommendations as long as it's a Chinese drama! 

Thanks you for the suggestion marblebees however, I have already watched that drama! Can you recommend a different one?

I accept marblebees recommendation for The Bad Kids! I am currently watching it!

I just finished watching The Bad Kids and my rating would be 7/10. I feel really bad for giving it such a low score but I was just primarily unsure about how to feel about this drama. On one hand, the beginning was very captivating and the relationship between the leads was one that I really enjoyed. On the other hand though, I felt bored throughout the drama and there were many times where I couldn't help but shake my head at the decisions of the leads. To add on to this, I felt as if the middle of the story dragged and there were a lot of problems not addressed All in all, I my feelings towards this drama is very mixed but the attention to details was quite a plus. 

First time posting in this challenge!

I recommend cdramaqueen the drama Reset i haven't watched many chinese media yet, but this one has a great plot.

I accept both "Sweet Home" and "Not me" will start them as soon as i get some free time :)

UPDATE:

Sweet Home: gave season 1 a 9.5 out of 10. I found the characters really endearing and the concept was great. The creatures were unique, even though they looked a little weird with the cgi. I will wait for season 3 to come to watch the other seasons!

Not Me: this was my first thai drama, so i'm not used to the language/acting quite yet, but i really enjoyed it. I liked the connection the twins had in this series and i especially love the angst that comes with it! I rated it a 8.5 out of ten!

8th Challenge = Complete ^_^   

Recommendation For    marblebees          - I'm  tempted to give you a detective crime thriller (I love them too) but I'm opting for Sweet Home. It is actually  heart-warming despite the death and despair. If you prefer the crime thriller let me know i have one in mind for you that is pretty good.

>>Badge----Image

Recommendation From          marblebees          -I accept Oh No! Here comes trouble. I wanted to watch this at some point so thanks for the push

Status- Completed (12/12)

Rating- 9.5/10

Thoughts- OMG Why did i not watch this sooner?!?!?!It is a perfect blend of genres and  everything i like. It has so much heart and probably one of the best watches i have had this year. I would love to see a second season. 

thank you for the great rec, Saygo. I am watching Sweet Home right after finishing the Glory! I wouldn't mind hearing about the other recommendation as well though xD.

I recommend Oh No! Here comes trouble i saw you have this in your watchlist and i think it has many things that you like. It has a supernatural premise, good mysteries and a great bromance.

cdramaqueen:

First time participating! 

I recommend to Xiao Zi the Chinese drama "Destined". 

It wasn't on your PTW list but seeing as your PTW list was of such a long length, I've come to the conclusion that you probably don't look at it very often ?. Destined has just aired this year, and because we have similar taste, I think you will find this drama to your liking! 

I'm open to any recommendations as long as it's a Chinese drama! 

Thanks you for the suggestion marblebees however, I have already watched that drama! Can you recommend a different one? 

My bad, i didn't see that :). I recommend you The Bad Kids then. 

I recommend marblebees to watch "Not Me" because it's a really good bl drama and it's a high priority on your list.

I accept ElBee's recommendation to watch My Dearest.

Rating: 10/10

This drama made me cry a lot. Over the course of these ten episodes, I have grown to love Gil Chae and Jang Hyeon and ship them. That's why episode ten broke my heart. I'm afraid that in the second part, the creators will not strive for a happy ending for Gil Chae and Jang Hyeon.  I don't want the second part to end like Moon Lovers for me, because I still can't forget the sadness.

But despite the tears shed, I love the first part. There were also some funny scenes. It was great.

I finished my sixth challenge a while back and am ready for another rec!

For xBBBLUE, I am going going with a drama I think you will like based on what you’ve given high ratings to: My Dearest. The nice thing about starting now with this first part (as angsty as everyone is for part 2, it is coming pretty soon and the first part ends at a really natural break, so it feels complete even though we know there is more to come. You have given a fair share of shows that have really intense, sometimes teary moments 10*, and this one has a whole lot of badassery[TM] from both leads. It is historical, but it is not stuck in the palace (they limit the amount of time with royals and their ministers-it just isn’t the story this tells). 

Some were really confused with the first two eps why it was causing such a mess in feeds, but it is pretty necessary to have a clear “how things were before…“ given that this is some random place in the 1600s that few would instantly understand the daily life of everyone in, so given that this is a mere 10 episodes, I promise it moves quickly soon and ask you to  bear with it... You can always opt out of part 2, after all, if I missed the mark with this rec!

**Sorry the pic is so late in coming… too many screenshots of it were on my gadget. Hard choice for my fave drama of the year so far. =^.  . ^=

Anyone got a Taiwan title I must absolutely see? It is the only country I haven’t watched anything from this year, but if not, I am wide open to anything under ~24 hours that has little or no dubbing (ideally none, but sometimes noise interferes-I can’t handle voice overs that don’t match mouth movements so end up dropping those like fiery coal). It does NOT have to be on my list since it is a mess and basically a bunch of stuff that either met challenge prompt requirements this or that year or was added years before airing to make me see airing beside it and go look at it again, in theory, which I clearly didn’t do for a lot of em. :) 

Edit: Hi, Tanii! I am open to anything good, so I accept your challenge! Been a while since a BL crossed my path, and I haven’t seen any Taiwanese ones. :)

Rating/feedback: I am giving this one an 8 because there were quite a lot of wonderful things, the more shy lead with his long term crush absolutely endearing and relatable, his expressions making me want to grab the other lead and shake sense into him... It did,though, have shortcomings I can't overlook. It tried cramming WAY too much into too short a time. The second couple would've been a GREAT spinoff if they had been flirty but in the background to give us the time with the leads that we needed... Because they didn't stay laser focused, the story couldn't be developed beyond a sort of vague generic level-an identity crisis of what they want to show be it divorce lawyers takin notes from client stories, childhood friends who struggle to decide their future(together or separate), a slice of life, etc. It also had one of my absolute peeves, the breakup and get back together thing which felt unforgivable after giving the promise he had... The whole I don't feel as strongly as I thought comment was just cruel and disrespectful... It felt like a cheap manipulation of viewer feelings and was totally out of character for them considering they had JUST talked through how they would handle it together. The character I understood that adorable young man to be... is not one who would break up that quickly,one sidedly, and cruelly. It made me suddenly believe they were definitely not ready to marry if that is how they dealt with the initial obstacle of a reluctant father initially disapproving, something they knew would likely occur. 

I did still like it, don't get me wrong, and am especially glad to be exposed to such a charming expressive lead whose chemistry with the other lead was very strong! Thank you for the recommendation!!

13th Challenge Complete! (Finally after a whole month since I completed the previous challenge I can do another.?)

Hi ElBee! Wow, your list is so impressive! I'm not sure if you watch BL but I saw some on your list so this is a Taiwanese BL that I liked: Plus & Minus. If you want me to change the recommendation, do let me know! ?

image link

I accept Xiao Zi's rec to watch Our Beloved Summer. Honestly, I've been putting this off so much, but I guess I'll finally watch it!

Status: Completed 5/10. Thanks to you i finally got this off my list! 

5th Challenge completed

I recommend Tanii to watch Our Beloved Summer. I think you'd like this, judging from your dramalist.

Image link

I accept 112's rec to watch Danger Zone. It is my type of drama, I watch all genres (except maybe politics and war). And I like Vic Zhou too. It wasn't on my radar before, though. So, thanks for the rec!

I recommend Xiao Zi to watch Danger Zone. It might not be your type of drama... I really recommend it though, it was pretty good. (Warning: It's a bit graphic.)

Image link

I accept songsforyou's recommendation to watch Youth of May.

Hi @112 !

I would like to recommend Youth of May to you! Despite our differences in drama tastes (I can't stand gore and I think you enjoy gore ?), I think you will enjoy this drama because of the high-quality acting skills and a well-executed plot! 

Warning: Make sure to have some tissues with you.  

PS: It is in your PTW list.

Thanks, ElBee for your recommendation! I am so glad that you recommended Prison Playbook to me as it is a drama that I have been planning to watch since a long time, and I am finally getting the push that I needed!

Not cool ElBee....I had to delete my post!

Giuca:

Not cool ElBee....I had to delete my post!

There was no need to delete at all! The last one that showed when I came to reply was theirs, but I was commuting and copying links over on my phone is kind sluggish. You can have the slot (it was yours since you typed/tapped it out faster than me, so obviously I should be the one to change my rec for being later than you lol)… it is not an issue AT ALL! <3 

(I will be looking for a rec for you instead! I’ll edit this and put yours in once I decide... you can just edit the one above this and give them your rec. Sorry! It was not intentional!)

For Giuca, I am going to recommend Mr. Queen, a comedy that has a male chef go back in time and find himself in the body of a Joseon Queen.  I hope you find it as fun a watch as I did (though it might largely depend on whether you like the actress who plays the ‘man in a royal woman’s body’).  :)

Open for recs (up to around 24 hours, my PTW not a good indication of what I will like since much of it is titles that fit challenge prompts, not ones I was eager to see)! My completed section would give a better idea (you can sort It by rating). The only thing I never like is dubbed shows! :)