4th challenge complete!

For Saygo, after quickly thinking of 7 (yes 7) shows for you (similar taste dilemma), I am going to abandon your PTW list and recommend the drama Signal to you (the original 2016 Korean one, at least to start-I haven’t watched the others). Of course, if it doesn’t fit your mood, I have half a dozen others I can choose from! 😂 I hope you enjoy it!

(I didn’t even realize someone had recommended it a few posts prior until I came to add a picture to this one, but I am really glad it was a good and apparently very quick watch for you!)

Open for recommendations! Again, anything, on my list or not!, is fine as long as it isn‘t over ~24ish hours (so the upcoming shows I am eager to watch don’t end up making it take months to finish)! :) 

Edit: I accept novastar‘s challenge to watch Yumi’s CellsI remember it getting a lot of praise when it aired but never got around to seeing it as it was airing. Its story looks pretty unique. Thanks for the rec!

Rating & feedback: This is a hard show to rate, so I will straddle the line between objective and subjective ratings and give this a 9. 

That said, it tricked me! Now I have season 2 to binge!!! It took a few tries to get fully in the mood for her cells in episode 1/part of 2-I wasn’t expecting quite as much animation straight away, but I really liked how Amanza did it in a shorter little series, so once I could appreciate the squeaky little cells, I finished in under 2 days on my days off, admittedly sleeping once I started missing parts of it as my own brain sleep cell devoured the focus ones!  I probably would’ve kept skipping past this repeatedly thinking my mood just wasn’t right for it, so I am happy I got nudged to go against my impulse and finally watch! Thank you!

7th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony (Part 1)
It has been a crazy month for me, so splitting the 7th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony into 2 parts as the Hall of Fame tally has become harder to tally and needs more time amidst the craze. Part 2 on the Hall of Fame will be presented when done, hopefully soon.

Thanks to the repeat Challengers! It has been quite a busy month for July 2023, with 10 badges awarded to Challangers whose recommended  dramas have been watched and rated with a rating of 8.0 - 10.0. Congratulations!

Gold Badge
•  
dearuto for recommending Doom at Your Service which has been rated 10/10

Silver Badges
•  
Snow Flake for recommending Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha which has been rated 9/10
•  
Tanii for recommending Reset which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges
•  abby for recommending May I Help You which has been rated 8.5/10

•  Alex for recommending The Uncanny Counter which has been rated 8.5/10
•  Elbee for recommending The Gifted which has been rated 8.5/10
•  Giochi for recommending A Familiar Stranger which has been rated 8/10
•  
novastar for recommending Sound of Magic which has been rated 8/10
•  
Tanii for recommending Word of Honor which has been rated 8/10
•  xBBBLUE for recommending From Now On, Showtime! which has been rated 8/10

The Hall of Fame will be presented later, when ready,

Challenge #1 |  Challenge#2 | Challenge#3 |Challenge #4

I recommend @ELBee to watch Yumi's Cells. It's a drama on your PTW and it's 14 eps so it's less than 24hrs. It's one of my favorite's and it has a very interesting concept/plot.   I hope you like the drama as much as I do! Happy watching :)

I accept Sagyo's rec! Thanks' a lot for the rec I've been wanting to watch that show for a while now :)

Rating:9/10

A very interesting drama  with a new kind of concept/plot. All the characters were really lovable and the story was fun. Thanks for recommending this drama :)

6th Challenge = Complete ^_^   

Recommendation For novastar I noticed a  few of your highest rated dramas show  a lot of heart and focus on friendships or human relationships.  I'm not sure what exactly interests you but I picked Prison Playbook. My pick is  emotionally and character driven so it might be up your alley or at least worth a watch hopefully.

>>Badge----Image

Recomendation From    Tanii      - I accept Better Days.  I'm looking forward to it and have been wanting to watch more movies.

Status- Completed

Rating- 9/10

Thoughts- I liked it. Sad but beautiful. The leads were great too.

12th Challenge complete! Thank you for rec! 

Hi Saygo! I recommend you to watch Better Days

image link

Hi Bilu! Thank you for the recommendation! I accept your recommendation to watch Choco Milk Shake! :)

1st Challenge complete!

My recommendation for Tanii is now Choco Milk Shake, hope you like this one!

image link

Hey Saygo! Thanks for the recommendation of Ganiball,  seems like an enjoyable drama! Let's see if the theme will give me goosebumps haha will watch it soon! 

Rating: 08/10

Oh. my. gosh. What a nice and horrifying drama! I love it! Got me watching four episodes in one day... The only sad thing about it is that I'll have to wait for season 2! Can't wait to watch it! The characters, the environment, the storyline, everything was so well done! Thank you Saygo for this amazing experience!

7th Challenge = Complete ^_^   

Recommendation For      Bilu            - For my fellow psycho thriller enthusiast  I pick Gannibal  just because i feel like it is an underrated watch  you might appreciate  or worth a chance.

>>Badge----Image

Recommendation From      Giuca                -I accept to watch both movies Present Perfect and Present Still Perfect.

Status- Completed Both Movies

Rating- 8/10 average between both films

Thoughts- The first film had an incredibly slow start but a realistic bitter end . The sequel picked up and improved production wise and  had a fairytale end. The cynic in me cannot say i was rooting for the leads to be together in the beginning  but I like how they wrapped up their love story. I appreciated the messages and themes conveyed by their complicated love story spanned over the films. I had my doubts but I'm glad I watched them. Thank you(●'◡'●)

Hi Saygo your lists are very long and there are some movies and dramas from them I would love to recommend but , since you are asking for a movie, I would like to recommend watching two thai ones!

Present Perfect and its sequel which completes the story Present Still Perfect. I am a bit stickler for rules so I decided to present these two movies as a mini drama! That's why I chose them! And they are not on any of your lists!

Let me know if you do not like it, I'll chose a movie from your PTW list, there are some good ones there!

https://mydramalist.com/photos/kJpQm 

Well, I am ready for my next challenge. Just one thing : NO HORROR whatsoever, so please keep zombies and bloody monsters away from me, I shall be very grateful!

EDIT: Hi ElBee thanks for the rec. I have seen the japanese version and I liked it a lot. This kind of drama is something I really enjoy so I will be gladly checking out the korean version!

EDIT 2: I finished watching Midnight Diner a few days ago and forgot to update the post. Sorry! It was just as good as the japanese original which only had better music! 8.5/10 Thank you for this rec ElBee!

Fifth Challenge complete and a sequel, too...

For Giuca, I was close to throwing you into a giant pillow of fluff but settled for a slice of life that you can easily marathon or take at a light pace IF you are okay with it being mellow, not dramatic. (happy to rec an alternative if it isn’t what you’re looking for) The lives intertwine gently, and you will need to have some food in you if you don’t want your stomach HOWLING from my memory of this 2015 series… it is 20 eps but they are half hour ones, so it is not a daunting watch. The ML could’ve fooled me any day if he was posing as a master chef somewhere. I was half tricked into wondering if they just brought in a really social chef when it aired. I found it heartwarming. Horror warning: don’t let any pet fish watch. Their brothers get prepared and eaten. :)

Late Night Restaurant (aka Midnight Diner) -you may need to search both titles, not sure where it streams at the moment but of course third parties will have it. EDIT: The rec is for the Korean version… the Japanese originals I haven’t seen. :)

Edit: “If you're not in the mood for a mystery/supernatural themed drama right now” barely registers as English to me, so I accept your challenge, moonchild! ☺️ May I Help You was a title I threw onto my PTW list kind of randomly, either because a friend was watching it or because someone, maybe not even in the final cast, was in the cast list that I enjoy watching, couldn’t tell ya who, though ?. I had no idea it was even a supernatural mystery at all! The poster certainly doesn’t give that impression!

Rating and feedback: While May I Help You was predictable with its story, the end something I knew from very early on, it did not actually detract much since this isn’t really a massive suspense driven story. I appreciated the overall lack of toxicity throughout! The relationship between the leads felt incredibly natural and healthy, supportive. It was really warm and had a nice mix of humor, sentiment, and story cohesiveness with a really unique basic premise (I really enjoy dramas where people have unusual jobs… I would’ve honestly liked to see a bit more intricate detail there!). The poster is really misleading-it definitely isn’t a generic run of the mill slice of life or mellow romance story like it seems. It kind of felt similar to When You Wish Upon Me. There is one storyline that feels very strange and out of place with a character that they forced into a “something off about them from the start” situation-it would have probably been better for me if they had not gone to such forced feeling lengths to craft a bit of murder mystery the way they did, but even as they did carry it out, the execution was good, just a storyline that felt out of place.  It is a bronze winner for me with my rating an 8/10. Thank you for recommending it, Moonchild! :)

7th We Watch Challenge 2023 Award Ceremony (Part 2)

Hall of Fame

Presenting the Hall of Fame (2 weeks later)... For the month of July 2023,
Tanii and Giuca square with 8 badges each, with Tanii ranking higher with more Silver badges. Congratulations!!

Completed my third challenge, back for the next one. :)

@ElBee I've roamed through your PTW and Completed list and made a guess of what you like. I think you might enjoy the drama "May I Help You". It was part of a lucky series of dramas I picked for watching and ended up enjoying so I hope it could be the same for you. :) You might want to prepare tissues and a bit of soul food for watching if you easily get emotional (like me), but don't worry it's not a tearjerker, there is plenty comedy relief. xD Hope you'll like it. ^.^ 

If you're not in the mood for a mystery/supernatural themed drama right now, I have an alternative recommendation. Just ask. :)

I accept Gummy_Marshmallows recommendation for To The Moon and Back

Current Status: Completed | Rating: 9

Review: I really liked some characters and the overall story and messages this drama gives to its viewers. I can't stand jealous characters so this stopped me from rating it higher but it was an overall heartwarming and good watch. Thank you for the recommendation, Gummy_Marshmallow. <3

4th Challenge Completed - Cupid's Last Wish

I recommend  Moonchild to watch To the Moon and back. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

@Wish Upon Star Sorry I couldn't add images for my recommendation as I wasn't online for a while. 

1st - Mouse - Image Link

2nd - The Fiery Priest - Image Link

3rd - Hospital Playlist - Image Link

4th - Happiness - Image Link

5th - To the moon and back - Image Link

Accepted Alex's Recommendation - The Killer's Shopping List

Status - Completed (7.0/10)

@Alex No worries this is indeed on my PTW though not mentioned. 😅😁 Also, I'm happy you didn't recommended from my PTW. Lol. 😁 It is packed with sequels and remakes. 😅😅

8th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony
For this Award Ceremony, we have 10 badges awarded to Challangers whose recommended  dramas have been watched and rated with a rating of 8.0 - 9.5. Congratulations!
p/s: 
1) Two of the Silver badge winners are just half point shy for Gold badge!

2) There is actually one drama challenge rated 10/10 (You Are My Hero), recommended by dearuto which can't be awarded as the badge image has yet to be indicated.

Silver Badges
•   
Elbee for recommending Signal which has been rated 9.5/10
•   novastar for recommending Someday or One Day which has been rated 9.5/10
•   
novastar for recommending Yumi's Cells which has been rated 9/10
•   
Gummy_Marshmallow for recommending Happiness which has been rated 9/10
•   
Saygo for recommending Prison Playbook which has been rated 9/10
•   
Tanii for recommending Better Days which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges
•   
Gummy_Marshmallow for recommending Mouse which has been rated 8/10
•   
Gummy_Marshmallow for recommending The Fiery Priest which has been rated 8/10
•   
Giochi for recommending Gameboys which has been rated 8/10
•   
moonchild for recommending May I Help You which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame

8 Customised BadgesTanii (5 Silver, 3 Bronze), Giochi (1 Silver, 7 Bronze)
6 Customised Badgessaygo (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze)
5 Customised Badgesdearuto (2 Gold, 3 Bronze)
3 Customised BadgesGummy_Marshmallow (1 Silver, 2 Bronze)

This month, Saygo adds another Silver badge to his new total of 6 badges, while Dearuto adds 2 Gold badges to her new total  of 5 badges. Gummy_Marshmallow debuts the Hall of Fame with a total of 3 badges.

Gentle Reminder

1)  If you have accepted a challenge, do make it a point to watch and rate the drama recommended to you soon, so that your recommender can be duly awarded for a good drama recommended. Special gentle reminder to: 
Vanessa_BenizakuraBilu and jenn. It's gonna be September soon, and your accepted challenge in January is still pending.

2)  Please refer to the updated challenge status table in page 1, and claim your badges by inserting the drama image in your prior post. Special call out to: 
_Choa's_,  and Xiao Zi.

.Edited on August 27th, 2.40pm for dark mode compatibility

Gummy_Marshmallow:
@Wish Upon Star Sorry I couldn't add images for my recommendation as I wasn't online for a while. 

Thanks - your added images are just in time for award ceremony for August!

Wish Upon A Star:
Please refer to the updated challenge status table in page 1, and claim your badges by inserting the drama image in your prior post. Special call out to: _Choa's_,  and Xiao Zi.

I'm so sorry. I totally forgot about this after my short break fro MDL. I've updated it now.

Hi, Wish Upon A Star, it isn’t very important, but I also have 3 badges as of the time you posted and what’ll be 4 as of a few mins ago (Under the Queen’s Umbrella, The Gifted, and Signal were all completed and badged up when you posted. The fourth, Arthdal Chronicles, what I recommended to Alex, has 3 diff titles within so technically those first 6 that count as one title were done a while ago, but i just checked and Alex finished the last of those 3 parts of season 1 and marked it as completed 4 minutes before I started tapping this out so it’ll be 4+, my first rec from January ideally in there, next time around (I was not stalking, I promise😇, just poking around to accurately tally things since I noticed it was nearly done last time I looked here to write up my own feedback for May I Help You which may likewise put Moonchild in if the HoF is based solely on the other finishing the title recommended by Moonchild [I finished it super fast that time, just have a couple of other titles to finish before getting another challenge here!] vs requiring both the title challenged to the one above and the one challenged by the one below). 

I am in no hurry. I did not even know how many titles put someone in the HoF lol. I just checked my own and happened to have 4 of the 6 recs watched even as the feedback for one almost certainly wouldn’t appear within 4 minutes of completion😂. (I am just happy it was liked so I didn’t throw them into a world they wouldn’t enjoy!)