Juniko wrote: LAW 30 : If you work too hard, your nose will bleed and you will faint (only if first or second male lead is watching)

Added, amended, and made culturally defined-

Law 27 - The nose bleed
?If you work too hard, your nose will bleed and you will faint (only if first or second male lead is watching)? (Juniko) Please note however that this Law applies solely to Korean drama, In Japanese drama the aforementioned nosebleed will not lead to fainting but possibly to physical attack due to being lustful.
catnip wrote: If I get it right, I want to add "dragging by the hand" law. No screens this time, but in 49 Days there were tons of such scenes, and I'm sure in other dramas too.

added! Thanks

Law 28 - The caveman clause - not restricted to men.
No one shall be simply ASKED to go somewhere. Instead they must be grabbed by the hand and DRAGGED there.
Ashu wrote: L-O-V-I-N-G This thread!

How about these?

-All clothes must look like they're brand new, and never wear anything twice.
-There will always be at least one shower scene, mostly around the time where the male (face it people.. it's always the male) lead character is being troubled or something.
-In comedies the guy drags the main girl by her wrist angrily -at least- once.

added -

No one shall be simply ASKED to go somewhere. Instead they must be grabbed by the hand and DRAGGED there.

added and amended -

Law 29 - Cleanliness and all that
?There will always be at least one shower scene, mostly around the time where the male (face it people.. it's always the male) lead character is being troubled or something.? (Ashu) Also, said shower will not allow privacy, and will in fact in many cases require being walked in on by a member of the opposite sex.

clothes on hold for now
kdramamad wrote: wb Law 31: The oh so powerful business mothers/fathers/grandmothers who control there children in everyway possible including keeping them away from the one that they love

law 32: Contuing on from that subject. The I'll protect her/him even if it means pushing her/him away and say hurtful things you don't mean xD

added and absorbed into the following law
Law #18 - I only hate you because I love you !
?You will NOT finish your angry sentence : I'm already kissing you ! You will NOT stop hitting my chest until I give up and hug you !? (Juniko) This law also applies to ?The I'll protect her/him even if it means pushing her/him away and say hurtful things you don't mean? (kdramamad)

ADDED -
Law 30 - PARENTS ARE GODS!
I don?t care if your 18 or 38! ?The oh so powerful business mothers/fathers/grandmothers who control there children in everyway possible including keeping them away from the one that they love?(kdramamad)
bakakokoro wrote: added -

added and amended -

Law 29 - Cleanliness and all that
“There will always be at least one shower scene, mostly around the time where the male (face it people.. it's always the male) lead character is being troubled or something.” (Ashu) Also, said shower will not allow privacy, and will in fact in many cases require being walked in on by a member of the opposite sex.

clothes on hold for now

codicil to law 29: Shower scene by the lead male is mandatory upon being cast in his first drama after military release.
VioletSakura wrote: LAW 33: Following the previous rule. Never tell the truth about why you do things the way you do them... I mean, really... who needs simple explanation, if you can make it complicated misunderstanding to separate you from your loved one for like 10 episodes... you of all people know, that whatever happens, you're going to end up together, right?

Added and expanded!
Law 31 - Are we speaking the same language?
?Never tell the truth about why you do things the way you do them... I mean, really... who needs simple explanation, if you can make it complicated misunderstanding to separate you from your loved one for like 10 episodes... you of all people know, that whatever happens, you're going to end up together, right?? (Violetsakura) Or the other extreme, never explain ANYTHING, because of course they are physic and know exactly what you mean even if other people are telling them other things.
PrettyBrown_Eyes wrote: Law #34 - the honeymoon - where the lead couple finally get together usually about episode 10 and everything is hunky dory before the bit split is a must in all romance dramas
Law #35 - female/male lead shall hate each other - she is always stubborn but kind hearted with cinderella syndrome. And the male is always hot tempered somewhat unreasonable, arrogant and materialistic :) but is in fact warm and sweet and grows to love the female lead. Package usually comes with family problems.

Think this thread is genius! Pooling in all cliches :)

the honeymoon - where the lead couple finally get together usually about episode 10 and everything is hunky dory before the bit split is a must in all romance dramas - this falls under Law #15 - The Time skip

added
Law #32 - Conflict is an aphrodisiac
The ?female/male lead shall hate each other - she is always stubborn but kind hearted with Cinderella syndrome. And the male is always hot tempered somewhat unreasonable, arrogant and materialistic :) but is in fact warm and sweet and grows to love the female lead.?
kdramamad wrote: haha i defently agree with those rules! there is always dramas with them nearly every drama i have watched has got them in . Which reminds me of another rule!

rule 35: school girls and fans always crying and screaming over popluar boys or famous people. If they get girlfriend or something scandlous happens involving a girl they end up crying? and its not just weeping its full on crying! what is with that. Dramatic much *_*

amended and added

Law #33 - We all have our own fan clubs right?
?school girls and fans always crying and screaming over popluar boys or famous people. If they get girlfriend or something scandlous happens involving a girl they end up crying? and its not just weeping its full on crying!? (kdramamad)
VioletSakura wrote: LAW 36: The female lead has whatsoever NO survival instinct... While being beaten/her hear pulled by other girls/2nd female lead (usually an evil b***), who are/is somehow not content that she is the BEST guy's girlfriend, she just stands there and gets beaten up, of course a moments later the 2nd lead male will appear and save her.
LAW 37: Rumors can make a person go sick with fever, even make them FAINT!

combined -
Law #4 - 24 hour Drama bug! - Get sick, faint, get better! All before the world spins
once!
Someone will get sick, and/or faint, have to be nursed back to health or hospitalized and will be completely better the next day. The cause of this will be ?being in the rain for about 3 minutes or Rumors can make a person go sick with fever, even make them FAINT! (Violetsakura)

Law #34 - White night syndrome
?The female lead has whatsoever NO survival instinct... While being beaten/her hear pulled by other girls/2nd female lead (usually an evil b***), who are/is somehow not content that she is the BEST guy's girlfriend, she just stands there and gets beaten up, of course a moments later the 2nd lead male will appear and save her.? (Violetsakura)
Szasha wrote: LAW 38: Only poor persons have/can experience(d) real happiness. They are also full of wisdom and tricks for survival.
-"This (insert delicious food) might not look like much but it's what we poor people eat."

LAW 39: (Following LAW 38) As a poor person it's your responsibility to have fashionable clothes and the newest phone available.

LAW 40: Every rich person dreams of owning a small shop or restaurant.

Combined and amended

Law #35 - You can?t buy common sense with money
Wealthy people will always be unable to do anything that requires common sense.

Law #36 - The novelty of being poor
Wealthy people will always find strange delight in ?ordinary? things/objects that are common place to the rest of us. Ie. Instant coffee, The size of one?s house, the owning of a small shop/restaurant etc.
goldenseal50 wrote: Law 41: ( taken from Japanese and chinese dramas ) Arousal (thinking someone is hot) causes a nosebleed O.o this is usually seen in secondary characters and comedies.

Combined -
Law #27 - The nose bleed
Please note culturally sensitive Law- ?If you work too hard, your nose will bleed and you will faint (only if first or second male lead is watching)? (Juniko)
?(taken from Japanese and chinese dramas ) Arousal (thinking someone is hot) causes a nosebleed O.o this is usually seen in secondary characters and comedies.? (goldenseal50)
Juniko wrote: LAW 42 (the answer to all existential questions.) : To make sure that female viewers won't feel vexed over sexism in dramas, the male lead will be neat freak and the girl is allowed to be as messy as she wants !

amended and updated-
LAW #37 - We?re not sexiest - see!
?To make sure that female viewers won't feel vexed over sexism in dramas, the male lead will be neat freak and the girl is allowed to be as messy as she wants !? ( (Juniko)
Sleepninja wrote: The lead character will always be starving, but refuse to say so. However, their growling stomach can be heard by all!

added and amended

Law #38 - Don?t admit to it at first ?. Then ?.
?The lead character will always be starving, but refuse to say so. However, their growling stomach can be heard by all!? (Sleepninja) Which of course leads to law #8!
soveryunpretty wrote: You can't miss the always wonderful, "Something your parents did years ago makes me angry with you now, relationship off."

added

Law #39 - Sins of the father (or any other family member)
Even though you were in no way, shape, or form involved - "Something your parents did years ago makes me angry with you now, relationship off." (soveryunpretty)
tashe_12 wrote: Love this thread....Has anyone mentioned the arm grab. After an argument the lead girl must always walk close enough pass the guy so that he can grab her arm to stop her. Or if you're a nice guy you will definitely not get the girl.

Thanks! Was added as
Law #28 - The caveman clause - not restricted to men.