Also , (that's in Korean dramas) , while the male lead is driving alone, he receives a text message/phonecall and suddenly turns left. Flashes are nonexistent, as are mirrors or car accdents in dramas. Also, why is the exit on the left each and every time? Are there no right exits in the main streets of korea?
Dimitra wrote: Also , (that's in Korean dramas) , while the male lead is driving alone, he receives a text message/phonecall and suddenly turns left. Flashes are nonexistent, as are mirrors or car accdents in dramas. Also, why is the exit on the left each and every time? Are there no right exits in the main streets of korea?

Yes! Add that to the law of the impossible u-turn. No matter where you are in the road you can do a spontaneous u-turn and never have an accident.

However, If you are trying to avoid an uncomfortable conversation with someone on the street, you should expect to suddenly get hit by a car. The person you are avoiding will very likely swoop in to save you, and receive a worse injury, so you will end up spending time with them anyway. avoidance fail!
A bus, car or truck carrying one of the main leads must be chased, on foot, and will generally and amazingly be caught... though not usually because the driver actually noticed the crazy person chasing after them.
manicmuse wrote: Yes! Add that to the law of the impossible u-turn. No matter where you are in the road you can do a spontaneous u-turn and never have an accident.

There is such a law already under my attentive eye :D
VioletSakura wrote: There is such a law already under my attentive eye :D

Yes, there is:
wrote: Law # 44 - I’m King of the Road!
No matter what - you will always be “able to park anywhere, anytime in any situation! No speed limit, lane discipline or anything! stop at anywhere, anytime!” (PrettyBrown_Eyes) This includes all other traffic/moving violations as well including but not limited to, u-turns, speeding, etc.
not sure if there's already a law about this.. restaurant is a discussion room, not even need to order a drink..you can freely just sit and talk, or even scream..then go.. you know, when one character meet another character only to say something in a restaurant..mostly only like one minute..and on their table we can't see anything.. didn't waitress ask you to order something? at least a drink.. well,,and when you see a water on the table, mostly it ends up with one of the character gets wet.. :D
And what about bionic hearing? Even if they are down the hall, across the street, or in the next room, they still manage to overhear your entire conversation clearly. This only works if you're eavesdropping. The person talking is oblivious to the fact that they are being overheard, even if you are standing directly behind them. nor can they hear you confirm what you just heard aloud.
The laws are so monster-like long! Pg 22 and 23 describe them all in detail... But we're still finding new ones!? OMO!
manicmuse wrote: And what about bionic hearing? Even if they are down the hall, across the street, or in the next room, they still manage to overhear your entire conversation clearly. This only works if you're eavesdropping. The person talking is oblivious to the fact that they are being overheard, even if you are standing directly behind them. nor can they hear you confirm what you just heard aloud.

I agree, and the only person to know everything about everybody is the vicious exes, it's like they devote their lives to eavesdrop on people. The leads are usually clueless and don't know anything at all about the reality. We should make it into a law.
i have another : likeablity's effect on other character traits. with a nod to newton we find that a female lead's fashion sense responds to her likeability with an equal and opposite reaction. the more kind, thoughtful and hardworking a female lead is the worse she dresses. i we also find that both her common sense and intelligence can respond to her likeablity in the same way.
also the magic door ways. if some one walks in on something they shouldnt see, the magic door way holds them there for no less than 20 seconds, sometimes the only way to break the spell is if the people you walked in on see you and start yelling.
cityhunter83 wrote: i have another : likeablity's effect on other character traits.

with a nod to newton we find that a female lead's fashion sense responds to her likeability with an equal and opposite reaction. the more kind, thoughtful and hardworking a female lead is the worse she dresses. i we also find that both her common sense and intelligence can respond to her likeablity in the same way.

So true.

Actually, I laugh because the post is hilarious, but if I think about it, there's nothing to laugh, really. The message seems to be: be stupid and shabby and you'll get the guy. :P
I have one, it's not always applicable but it did occur in at least several dramas( Hana Yori dango, Hi! My Sweetheart, Fondant Garden -from top of my head) and it always happen in the same cliche format, so we may make it a law:

Law #58: Who are you? - We have run out of plot so let's just.... forget everything!

You know when in the last episodes, when everything is so lovey-dovey, and there is not much to mess up with, so they bump the lead's head with something, so he forgets his most important person, so he can hate her and due to her effort falls in love with her again, and we get to see all those flashbacks from the drama once again. It's just so pointless... Don't you think?

cityhunter83 wrote: i have another : likeablity's effect on other character traits.

with a nod to newton we find that a female lead's fashion sense responds to her likeability with an equal and opposite reaction. the more kind, thoughtful and hardworking a female lead is the worse she dresses. i we also find that both her common sense and intelligence can respond to her likeablity in the same way.

so true, but I think we can add it to this rule, and just expand it a little:
wrote: Law #48 - Law of relativity
The poorer you are directly correlates to wealth of your destined partner and the amount of time you will have to be involved in conflict before you realize they are the love of your life.
Elisabetta wrote: I have one, it's not always applicable but it did occur in at least several dramas( Hana Yori dango, Hi! My Sweetheart, Fondant Garden -from top of my head) and it always happen in the same cliche format, so we may make it a law:

Law #58: Who are you? - We have run out of plot so let's just.... forget everything!

You know when in the last episodes, when everything is so lovey-dovey, and there is not much to mess up with, so they bump the lead's head with something, so he forgets his most important person, so he can hate her and due to her effort falls in love with her again, and we get to see all those flashbacks from the drama once again. It's just so pointless... Don't you think?

LOL!!
And the best part is, the question is usually: "what are you?" :p
LAW: I don't know if is only me but I didn't see a single drama where someone doesn't have an allergy on something(polen, dust, dogs, cats etc...)....It really surprised me at first and annoyed me because it they often start sneezing in the middle of a kiss:))