//new to the forums, but i've been a member for ALMOST a year now (will be celebrating my 1yr anni here soon!) i've really only used the VERY useful drama list to keep track of my shows, and lurked here to read about what dramas were good to watch etc etc but decided to give the forums a shot^^

Hello!~ \O/

The reason for this "Nostalgic Thread" is for the exact reason it means! Nostalgia! As for a discussion -- What was YOUR most favorite, memorable drama that has stuck by you since the beginning, or even recently? The first title that comes to mind when asked: "What's your favorite?" What is it exactly that makes it your favorite? //spoiler free of course.

Or how about this: What was your FIRST drama regardless of language that you've watched that got you into what you watch now?

BONUS question!: Got a drama you were dying to watch but then disappointed with how it turned out and quit it before giving it a chance? Share why! (U v U)/~

I'll share my mine and answer both questions!

Favorite most memorable drama: This is a toughy!! I'll have to go with.. Secret Garden! It's my absolutely favorite as of right now. I thoroughly enjoyed every single episode. Would it be surprising to say that I almost QUIT IT after episode 2? There was a time when I forgot about it, and months later I picked it back up and continued it. I was glad I did. I really liked it.

First drama?: I think it's a tie between "1 Litre of Tears" or "Last Friends" because I'm not sure which one I started first at the time! They had quite the impact on me that made me want to watch more that were similar, but then I researched different genres eventually. Worth it.

Bonus: Strawberry on a Shortcake. Simply, I DIDN'T GET THE APPEAL. Otherwise, I'm stumped!

How about you guys?
Zothique wrote: [i]Bonus: Strawberry on a Shortcake. Simply, I DIDN'T GET THE APPEAL. Otherwise, I'm stumped!

Aw, no way. I loved that sooo much. :P

Favorite / Most memorable drama: Maou. Couldn't stop watching and thinking back I still think it's an incredible drama. I never had so much feelings for another drama, even though I have a few more favorites. They weren't that memorable.

First drama: Full House. I had never heard of "Drama" before but I was a Bi Rain-fan and after watching "I'm a Cyborg but that's okay" (first korean movie by the way :P) I wanted to check if he had other movies, started Full House and suddenly there was a second episode. And a third. And so many I didn't get any sleep that night. I was completely hooked, even though I think Full House is a pretty boring show now. It was so brand new for me back then.. ;)

Bonus: MONSTERS. I admit it's too early to judge it (especially considering I'm far behind in the episodes) but I was waiting for it for months and then whaam, the first episode was so disappointing. So, well, that counts. :/
Favorite / Most memorable drama: It's not only one drama that came to mind, I think it's Hana Kimi (2007) and Liar Game since they're my favorites. There are others like Secret Garden but the two above get a special "unforgettable space" in my memory.

First drama: I am not really sure because my first drama didn't start my drama addiction, I watched few dramas with my grandmother when I was younger yet I only started to like dramas in 2010.

Bonus: Big was my disappointment this year, I expected a lot more from that drama *sigh*
Favorite / Most memorable drama: This really is a tough one! I have loved a lot of dramas, but I think I go back to Queen In Hyun's Man the most of all of the dramas I have seen. The story line is just so sweet, and there is no sweeter hero than Kim Boong Do! In fact, just talking about right now as my gearing up for rewatching my favorite scenes :p First drama: I was obsessed with anime throughout most of my high school years, and then one day I randomly came across Full House and ended up ordering the DVD set. I watched the first 14 episodes within a week, and then lost the set. Last December, I discovered Asiator.net and downloaded it and rewatched the whole thing and it made me curious to see what else was out there! Bonus: I haven't watched very many dramas in the past year, but there are two that have resonated with me as disappointments. One being Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. It was recommended to me by my bestie, and she was so sure I would adore it, she talked it up like crazy. I did not like Cha Chi Soo at all, and teacher/student relationships skeeve me out, no matter the difference in age. The show was cute, but definitely not as great as I had anticipated. The second disappointment would be Panda and Hedgehog. I was pretty excited for this one, and the first 5 episodes completely lived up to that excitement! And then it was just downhill from episode 6. Still good, but definitely not as wonderful as the first 5 episodes promised it to be.
Favorite most memorable drama: I guess it would have to be ... Playful Kiss tied with Love Rain. Playful Kiss because Oh Ha Ni stays strong, and fights for her love. Eventually, she gets Seung Jo to see her good, and not only idiotic side of her :)
& Love Rain because of Ha Na's and Seo Jun's innocent love. They bicker at each other, but they pretty much start off at the beginning of the drama. But I was also rooting for their parents, because such a love that lasts for so many years.. that's true love. You don't see that in young couple's nowadays very often.

First drama?: Koizora "Sky of Love". I started watching it in 2008, but then dropped it because I was busy with school work. At the time I didn't realize it only had 6 episodes. But then in 2010, I started watching it again and was stumped to find out it was so short T3T I wouldn't want it any other way though. That drama is so bittersweet. I had packs of tissues piled up for this drama. Every single episode will make you cry. And if they don't... well... I don't know why they wouldn't.

Bonus: Bad Guy. I didn't drop it, and neither was I disappointed with the direction the plot line was leading to. I'm disappointed that the lead actor had to enforce into the military, thus the drama was cut down 3 episodes short and they had to give it an alternative ending. :/ *sigh*
I have quite a few

Favorite/Most memorable: Hana Kimi has to be my most favorite and memorable. It's one of the dramas I can never get tired of watching. When I'm depressed or upset I just watch Hana Kimi and find myself grinning. It was the second taste of Yusuke Yamamoto I got since I watched him in Kamen Rider Kabuto. Ah~ Nostalgia. Also The Legend and A Man's Story have left great impressions on me for Korean dramas.

First Drama: Princess Princess D is my first drama. I love to rewatch this as much as I do Hana Kimi. I had found out about a bunch of my fave mangas/anime being turned into live actions and it's how I got into drama. My first Korean drama was Assorted Gems. I still watch that when I have the time. XD

Bonus: To The Beautiful You was the most disappointing of all the disappointments this year and in general. I am easy to please when it comes to dramas, it's why i think I can handle JDramas better than most. But this supposed Korean version of Hana Kimi just...*shudders*...I I go on anymore I'll just become hateful. XD