This came to my mind while I was watching a Turkish series - Elimi Birakma (adapted from shinning inheritance). The main male character, cenk, is the most annoying I’ve watched in a Turkish series, it might also be because of the actor. The character behaves like he’s the most important person in the world while also being a huge hypocrite. He tells his sister to stop complaining about unimportant things since others have it worse but he’s the biggest offender of this, always complaining and thinking people have it out for him.

I love Azra and the actress that plays her, and most of the other actors/ characters so I want to keep watching it but every time I see Cenk on the screen, I want to stop watching and I don’t want him near Azra. Usually I can tolerate characters I hate if they at least act it well but not this actor, he’s just a semi handsome face.

It’s just a frustrating situation, how do you usually deal with a situation like this? Because usually if you hate a sub character, you can skip their scenes but since it’s a main character...

well ,  there were times when i skipped main character scenes and watched drama for sub characters(sometimes for the actors playing those characters ).  find the reason you are watching the drama and skip unnecessary parts.

ofcourse  if you skip a main character,  youcan finish the drama whole lot faster.

If I can't enjoy the main story (including the leads) i drop it, it's just not worth my time 

Like the other comments said skip through the character that annoys you or simply drop the series. And if you really want to know what you missed out on by either skipping or dropping, you can most likely find re-caps or such online ^^

It’s easy to skip when it’s a minor character but when it’s a main character where a lot of the plots happen, it’s hard to skip them. Thanks for your advice guys.

I wanted to watch Elimi Birakma for the actor who plays the male lead. I recently watched him in the Turkish series Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari and he's so handsome. The problem is that his character was super annoying in that series as well too. And what's funny is the way you're describing his character for that series is the way he was in Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari; selfish, self-centered, arrogant, and an hypocrite. Ugh. I was so frustrated with his character, I wanted to smack him. Which is disappointing because he's so handsome.

As for your question, I just say keep pushing if the plot is good. Curse him out in your head. It will make you feel better.

I just finished watching a drama in which there were two main love story arcs: the main leads & the supporting leads. I loved the main leads, however, the FL of the supporting couple did really get on my last nerve because she just was too bratty for my liking. Thankfully, I loved the 2nd ML enough to keep watching, rather than skipping their scenes all together. But it was a mild torture.

I skip through the episode and see if anything gets me interested still. Whether it’s the side characters, plot, action scenes, etc. 

If nothing improves, I’ll usually watch the last 3-4 episodes for closure. 

I don’t drop it completely just because it feels worse for me to leave a drama without at least knowing the ending. 

I either mute the character who annoys me or drop the show.... I have dropped about 50 shows due to an annoying FL  Or badly dubbed voices 

Axia:

If I can't enjoy the main story (including the leads) i drop it, it's just not worth my time 

There are waaaaaay too many dramas out there to be wasting time on one I can't fully enjoy. 

I must admit once I watched a drama where I hated BOTH the mains and continued to the end- never again.

ShotaSidePart:
I must admit once I watched a drama where I hated BOTH the mains and continued to the end- never again.

Shota, lol .... me too! :/ 

Not only did I do it once, I did it twice! I must a been outta my damn mind.

If I really like another character I guess I'm gonna keep on watching but i'll drop it If I don't care about anyone anymore.

This is something that happens to me alot! I seem to have a fondness over the antagonists and supporting characters so I usually skip some parts with just the mains but If it's all to much I either drop it or put it in on hold (where I never pick it up again) 

way to the trash bin, i just straight up drop it.

i mean if my most hated character gonna hog all the screen time then im better done with it. im not an M.

I am really severe when it comes to this. If I hate a character, I drop it, there is no pleasure, I know I won't enjoy it. This is the same, when I find wether the male lead or the female lead not physically to my liking. I admit it is bad and superficial. But I don't know why, I really like to have a beautiful OTP. And this is the same if I don't like the chemistry between the leads or if the kisses are ridiculous, I immediatly drop it. There are too much dramas to loose time on one which is not to our liking.