SKY:

Thankyou ^_^ 

My pleasure... It's just I just love that show so much that i can't stop praising about it... M an Indian but i hardly like any indian shows coz of their super lengthy & ridiculous plot. M more into Chinese, Turkish, thai & k-dramas. I accidentally saw one of the VM & decided to gv it a try... Initially I didn't find it interesting but later on got addicted.  

Mona Maurya:
It's basically about Female's fight for their right in male society... College romance of professor & student turned into their marriage. Side love story of ML' s parents who separated years ago but still love each other immensely. The most powerful character in whole series is ML... Once he decides something it's done case... That's the beauty of the show... Most powerful character gets weakened by our strong FL... He literally cries for FL when she got lost & when she refused their first forced marriage. 

Wow, sounds right up my alley: Strong FL with plenty of spine and an all-powerful obsessed ML who never gives up on her (loses to no one except the FL). I hope their chemistry works for me and the plot is well structured and not all over the place. Thanks so much!

Ooh, one more question, does the ML ever commit noble idiocy (pushes the FL away for her own good, etc.)? I really want to know because noble idiocy (really dislike sacrificial MLs who push the FLs away; I want the ML to go after the FL no matter what) and cheating are my biggest pet peeves in a romance. Thanks again!

No cheating & no nobel idiocy by ML... There was a time ML's uncle blackmailed FL to break up/sacrifice but the plan backfired as ML instead married her grandly when he came to know about it... As I mentioned, throughout the series ML was protective, possessive & persistent for FL till the end. You won't feel anything missing out in terms of romance, chemistry & plot. 

*Spoiler*

Although ML felt love at first sight for FL but because of his personal issues he had love-hate feeling for FL initially but after the ragging incident with FL, he started having deep feeling for her. & then no turning back. 

Mona Maurya:

No cheating & no nobel idiocy by ML... There was a time ML's uncle blackmailed FL to break up/sacrifice but the plan backfired as ML instead married her grandly when he came to know about it... As I mentioned, throughout the series ML was protective, possessive & persistent for FL till the end. You won't feel anything missing out in terms of romance, chemistry & plot. 

*Spoiler*

Although ML felt love at first sight for FL but because of his personal issues he had love-hate feeling for FL initially but after the ragging incident with FL, he started having deep feeling for her. & then no turning back. 

Thank you so much for clarifying everything! It's such a relief that none of my most hated romance tropes are in here. IMO, cheating and noble idiocy (esp by the ML) ruins a romance for me, so I avoid it like the plague. Only exception (if noble idiocy is committed) is if the ML, without encouragement from others, comes around on his own and goes after the FL again to rectify his mistake. But generally, I find MLs who commit noble idiocy to be weak/not powerful enough to protect the FL. And in romances, I only like hot and powerful MLs who, upon falling in love, are persistent to the end. Thank you again for your awesome rec!!!

My pleasure... Although m an indian, I hardly watch indian series because of obvious reasons... But this one is just another level that's y highly recommended... Even I hate cheating & noble idiocy the most so definitely this series has none of them. 

If u find difficulty in finding the videos... Let me know... 

Mona Maurya:

I guess u r talking about "Shaurya aur anokhi ki kahani" Right?? It's a must watch show... Highly recommended... 

ah yes! i just loved the show and their chemistry is just super hot!

Devinder Dhiman:

MEHNDI HAI RACHNE HAI - a rude rich male lead and a strong widow . He even forced her to marry him. You can watch on hotstar with Eng sub

DEKHA EK KHWAAB- With very handsome prince and princess

ISHQBAAZ- male lead was very handsome and aggressive . Female lead was very strong fighter.

He forced her to marry him

in ishqbaaz the guy never chooses the FL over is family so he seemed kinda weak..

and in mhrw the guy is normal types never seen him go protective and possesive over the FL.

kakashi171961:
in ishqbaaz the guy never chooses the FL over is family so he seemed kinda weak.

Thanks for clarifying everything! Ugh, that kills a romance for me. Lol, you mean to tell me that after a long romantic buildup, the FL's highest place in the ML's heart is still second to his family (mom, dad, siblings, etc.)? IMO, that's a terrible payoff! If I want to see the ML always prioritizing his family over the FL, then I'll watch a family drama. But in a romance, there's no point if the ML doesn't eventually prioritize the FL over everyone else.

This is the reason I'll never watch that really famous Indian serial, IPKKND. Apart from the overly long-winded plot, the ML seems to constantly prioritize his sister over the FL and even tells his sister that she'll always be the most important person in his life. And this is after he falls for the FL. I don't know if he evidently changes his stance later on, but I'm certainly not interested in a romance where the FL constantly plays second fiddle to the ML's sister.

Currently watching "Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani" and really enjoying it! So far, the plot's interesting/well-paced and I'm digging the leads. I love the ML's facial/eye expressions and can't wait to see how he falls hard for the FL (hope he falls first and the FL remains oblivious for a while, haha). I also love the FL's determination to pursue her studies as well as her loving relationship with her teacher. In addition, aside from the ML's aunt/uncle and the FL's father, it's refreshing that the leads' other parents are all decent people. Thank you and Mona Maurya for convincing me to watch this. Based on your descriptions, this drama has everything I want in a romance: Hot, invincible (most powerful) ML who, upon falling hard, prioritizes the FL above all else and never gives up on her, strong FL with a backbone, sizzling chemistry, and no cheating/noble idiocy (esp by the ML). Hopefully the plot also remains well-structured and focused.

yes! weak ML's are romance killer ,  strong ones who are not family/mom obssessed are so hard to find in indian tv shows lmao

i find ipkknd meh and even in kuch rang the guy was legit ready to see her get married to someone else after he left her for his mom phew and some people call him obssessed and possessive lol 

kakashi171961:

yes! weak ML's are romance killer ,  strong ones who are not family/mom obssessed are so hard to find in indian tv shows lmao

i find ipkknd meh and even in kuch rang the guy was legit ready to see her get married to someone else after he left her for his mom phew and some people call him obssessed and possessive lol 

Lol, IPKKND and Kuch Rang are both 300+ episodes (if every episode's 60 min, that's still  more than 100 episodes), so I can imagine the story/characters end up ruined/compromised due to being so stretched out. It takes extreme talent/creativity to maintain quality with that ginormous episode count. I know neither show pulled it off. 

I tried IPKKND years ago back when everyone was obsessed with it, but found the pacing to be way too slow. The show takes forever to advance the plot by a micro inch. One scene can take like a dozen or so camera shots/angles. I had trouble getting into it. Plus, I didn't fall for the leads the way everybody else did (they had chemistry, but it wasn't electrifying for me) and after finding out the ML had a sister complex, I completely lost interest. On a positive note, at least the ML, sister complex aside, ends up sort of loving the FL unconditionally. He wanted to be with her despite not knowing the truth and also broke up with his previous fiancé on his own without interference from others (hate stories where the ML has it easy and never makes difficult decisions because others do it for him). So he gets some brownie points from me:)

Wow, the ML in Kuch Rang, at one point, was really going to allow the FL to marry someone else without interfering? And this is after he's fallen hard for the FL? To me, that just shows he's given up and I'm only into MLs who are persistent to the end once they're in love. What's the point of seeing the ML all obsessive/possessive only for him to later lose steam and give up? That's regression  and it ruins all prior buildup. Definitely never ever watching it even if it gets subtitled.

In addition, there was this other show that was mega popular back in 2005 called "Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai" and as soon as I read the summary, I was horrified. Other than having no subtitles, the overall story's one of the worst trainwrecks I've ever read. At one point, the ML believes other people's lies and dumps the pregnant FL cruelly and would have married someone else had he not been shown proof of her innocence. Only then was he all repentant and groveled like no tomorrow. All that's too little too late for me as the ML never would have forgiven the FL had it not been for the proof shown to him. That just proves he gave up and doesn't love her unconditionally. Much later on, the leads end up separating and he goes back to being a player by sleeping with other women. Lol, that's cheating in my book. 

The FL, after the ML's initial betrayal, also doesn't seem to love him at all as she's extremely vicious and constantly believes everyone else over him. At one point, she even has him listen to her and the 2nd male lead making love just to torture him. Ugh, I can never watch a romance like that no matter how much explosive chemistry the leads have. No amount of possessiveness/obsession displayed by the ML can ever make up for those above plotlines.

i would love to watch a super explosive, all-in, romantic indian tv serial but sigh...they are rarer than four leaf clover. Pakistani dramas dont make that cut for me. Blame my dirty mind for it. 

Oh and then for some time i was obsessed with Turkish dramas but then again they became redundant and i realized i have a pet peeve - I HATE it when FLs lie between their teeth for like forever. And its not a small , white lie. Oh no no no. Its a big . humongous lie. A lie that has the potential to blow their relationship into smithereens. But they hold that time bomb and lie some more. I cannot watch them anymore. They are emotionally exhausting.

Highly recommended : Hercai(Turkish drama) 

ultra possessive/obsessive & powerful ML who only had eyes for FL... no cheating, no nobel idiocy. He married FL for revenge and dumped her after first night unwillingly... But after leaving the place, he came back immediately for her regretting his actions. & then through out the whole series he fights for their love with his family, FL's family & even with FL( she hated him for leaving her). U will see how he needs her to be in front of his eyes all the time as he was scared to lose her after that incident. He even locked her in his room so as she doesn't leave him. He proved by his actions that how he regretted leaving her even forgetting his revenge for her... Plot is interesting... Don't wanna spoil as the story is mind blowing. I even loved villians... The acted so well... I never skipped any scenes... Not even the family drama as it was base. Must watch for romantic/ possessive/ protective ML. 

I didn't like the actor who played ML initially but as the series progressed I found him handsome... 

Spoiler : ML was married to his cousin initially( forced by his granny) but hided this fact just to marry FL. But he never had married relation with his first wife. Later he divorced her for FL. 

Mona Maurya:
I didn't like the actor who played ML initially but as the series progressed I found him handsome...

Lol, the ML doesn't really do it for me even though I can see he's objectively handsome. I don't know, I guess his looks just aren't all that attractive to me. 

Similar to that famous Thai actor, Aom, from Jam Loey Rak (2008). I can see that his features are pretty handsome, but I just don't find him that hot. It kind of affected my enjoyment of the otherwise very well-done slap/kiss series.

Mona Maurya:

I guess u r talking about "Shaurya aur anokhi ki kahani" Right?? It's a must watch show... Highly recommended... 

Once again, HUGE thanks to both you and kakashi171961 for putting this drama on my radar!

OMG, I’m so addicted to this series and love story! Love how the series’ main focus is on the leads’ character growth/love story instead of evil people scheming (thank god). And even when there are some schemes, they get resolved very quickly instead of being dragged out for dozens of episodes (what a relief as I would have quit watching if that were the case).

I also love how almost none of the antagonists are one dimensional caricatures (unbearable ones that make you tear out your hair and cough out your lung) and that the show balances them out with quite a few likable supporting characters. In fact, the two most powerful antagonists (Tej and Devi) are both weak to the ML due to their love/care for him. I really can’t see them actually harming him. Love how much power the ML wields and how capable he is at resolving difficult situations!

Love how the series never forgets that the love story is front/center and what a love story it is: After it starts coming into play, the ML’s denial/ observation phase and jealous scenes are one of the best I’ve ever seen! Certainly had me squealing like a fan girl!

I hope the ML’s actor becomes a major star because he acts with his eyes extremely well (I’m very partial to actors with expressive eyes that emote like nothing else) and absolutely nails his character. He gives off Mr. Darcy vibes and I can’t get enough of him and the FL’s scenes. Their chemistry is intoxicating!!! I'm having the ride of my life watching this hot, powerful ML who's always been in control of himself and disdainful of love (views it as a weakness after seeing its effects on his dad) becoming increasingly unhinged/irrational due to his growing feelings for the FL. She challenges/gets under his skin like nothing else. It's so much fun watching him constantly be bewildered by these alien feelings and shoot himself in the foot whenever he gets jealous. I'm already seeing his growing possessiveness and can't wait to see him brought to his knees by the FL. Maybe then, he'll finally understand his dad's weakness for his mom and inability to move on.

So far, favorite scenes are when he saves the FL from goons and the aftermath, when he apologizes and the car scenes afterwards (what a stalker he was, lol), when his sister-in-law teases him about his feelings, and his revelation that he may possibly be in love (got grilled by his family about what he seeks in a life partner and he lists off qualities only to realize that he’s describing the FL -his facial expressions were priceless and the song/montage made the scene absolutely magical). And of course, all the jealous scenes, lol. He loses it every time he sees the FL with the police officer. Can’t wait to see his love grow even stronger and how he chooses the FL over his family, ultimately slipping out of his aunt’s control.

My only issues are the fact the FL is victimized too much (after running away and joining the college, it seems she’s constantly a damsel in distress and is unable to resolve anything on her own without help from the ML and his parents). I hope this changes later on and she becomes more like her teacher, independent and self-sufficient. She’s also a little too nosy and that got on my nerves. But overall, I do like her and really admire her resolve/determination to seek higher education/independence and fight for gender equality. I also love how clueless she is whenever the ML acts irrational due to his growing feelings/jealousy. Lol, he barks at her and she's thoroughly confused, thinking he's bipolar. So entertaining to watch...now this is exactly what I want to see in a detailed/intense love story, not endless backstabbing/schemes by evil people. So happy the show has its priorities straight and hope it continues to do so.

Thank you both again for recommending this to me and I gotta say, if the series keeps up its current momentum, it’s going to become one of my favorites of all time!!!

Jess4163:

Lol, the ML doesn't really do it for me even though I can see he's objectively handsome. I don't know, I guess his looks just aren't all that attractive to me. 

Similar to that famous Thai actor, Aom, from Jam Loey Rak (2008). I can see that his features are pretty handsome, but I just don't find him that hot. It kind of affected my enjoyment of the otherwise very well-done slap/kiss series.

U will love him later...i can bet on that... As I said.... He is much more possessive & protective ML I hv ever seen in dramas...his character made him handsome later... 

Good looking casts are my no. 1 priority while choosing dramas to watch...