Jess4163:
Some couples become boring once the chase is over and they're together, but definitely not in Ertan and Firuze's case

Exactly! That's when I lose interest when the intrigue & mystery is over & they become just another couple. I feel like there was so much to explore, so much chemistry they did not tap into.

Jess4163:
The webtoon (drama never fleshed out the leads' relationship), "Cheese in the Trap" is another example of how the lead pair (another intriguing villainous-heroine relationship) got even more interesting upon getting together. Relationships will always be interesting as long as there's an element of mystery within. 

I have only watched the show, it started with a bang but they ruined the end. I was pretty into in when it came out, he slowly creeps his way into her life & then heart, how stupid are the writers to think he would willingly move away! I really enjoyed to chase & them getting together but they could not manage to ending well sadly. And damn is the H a hottie!! H pulled off the 'creepy but hot' role really well.

raani:
I have only watched the show, it started with a bang but they ruined the end. I was pretty into in when it came out, he slowly creeps his way into her life & then heart, how stupid are the writers to think he would willingly move away! I really enjoyed to chase & them getting together but they could not manage to ending well sadly. And damn is the H a hottie!! H pulled off the 'creepy but hot' role really well.

Girl, you did yourself a huge disservice by only watching the show: The show stopped focusing on the ML at one point and never fleshed out his backstory. From my understanding (I stopped watching early on when the h's portrayal severely annoyed me -she was one of the best h's I've ever read and the show just neutered her), there was production interference and the creators sacrificed the leads' story in favor of promoting the 2nd ML. I heard the later parts had lots of scenes with the 2nd ML and his piano that was never in the webtoon. Overall, the show just stopped adapting the webtoon properly and ruined one of the most fascinating relationships I've ever read. They neglected the core of the story, which was Seol and Jung's relationship.

The show failed to flesh out Jung's backstory/character, so you don't even understand how he eventually fell obsessively in love with Seol and why he's so possessive of her. But worst of all, they actually portrayed Jung as someone who can give up on and abandon Seol, something the original character will never do. Webtoon Jung is someone who's a master of the game (nobody can best him in the game of life) and learned early on how to get what he wants from society. He's an expert at reading people and can often generate the response/action he wants from most individuals. His main problem was his inability to form a genuine relationship with anyone aside from his family. He pretends to be a "perfect" prince-like guy, but that's all it is, "pretend." He doesn't genuinely feel much of anything for anyone.

Seol was the first and only person he formed a complete attachment to and that's not something he would ever give up. The webtoon Jung would do anything to keep Seol by his side and if, God forbid, she were ever to leave him, he would be destroyed. He honestly wouldn't be able to live without her. 

By making show Jung commit noble idiocy (leave Seol for her "own good"), that effectively ruins his character (he's not Jung anymore). It's such a shame because Park Hae-Jin absolutely nailed the character (hot/powerful, villainous, mysterious, etc.) and I would have loved to see him properly portray webtoon Jung.

Oh I realized the ML was J/P but as you mentioned, they never focused on his backstory much & I cringed as the 2nd ML wasted the second half of the show moping around, playing piano.  I shall check the webtoon out for sure!! This was my problem with the show, the obsessive ML at the start was not consistent with the noble idiot at the end, it just did not make sense. Yup, Park Hae Jin was cast so perfectly, it was a great injustice to him how they treated his character!

I highly recommend the Turkish drama "Siyah Beyaz Ask" aka Black and White Love. The leads are so beautiful but the best part is their explosive chemistry. The H is a true dominant and super possessive. The h is smart AF and she can totally read him. She wouldnt give him even an inch and whats more, she wins his heart and his love.

I just watched "Goodbye my princess" (director's cut -55 episode definitive version) and was blown away!!! This drama will haunt me for ages. Thank you, Raani, for mentioning it to me (both you and my sister finally convinced me to watch it).

I initially never even bothered to look at "Goodbye my princess" as not only is it a tragedy, it's based on a novel by Fei Wo Si Chun, an author I avoid like the plague because I don't like the type of angst she writes -depressing plots and angst just for the sake of torturing her characters. Luckily, my sister stumbled upon some clips and finally convinced me to watch at least the first and last 10 episodes since they have the kind of angst I like and an extremely compelling obsessive ML as well as a very lovable FL. The clips she showed me peaked my interest and the rest is history. I hunted for the director's cut and knew from the first episode that this drama was going to be my jam. It had everything I wanted in a drama: Irreplaceable leads with explosive chemistry, an obsessive/powerful ML, high quality production, and a decent script that mainly stayed on track even if the pacing did slow down massively from episodes 15-29. I loved episodes 1-15 and 30 to the end the most.

I highly highly rate this drama for the unforgettable leads with amazing chemistry, a villainous ML who's desperately in love with the FL, and a romance that'll tear your heart out. It's the only tragic ending drama I've watched since the year 1997 and it was worth every moment of my time because of the plot and characters.

The ML is called Li Chengyin and he's the type of character I always wish to see in Asian dramas: I live for powerful and ruthless male leads like him who can be cruel to everyone, but faithful to his girl. I understood every one of his actions and even if I don't agree with it, I can understand where he's coming from. The drama/actor was just that good at fleshing out this fascinating character. No matter how ruthless LCY can be (he really only lost control at the end because he's terrified of losing the FL -I saw this coming as the drama had been building up his jealousy/possessiveness from the very beginning), his desperate love for the FL always shined through and it touched me to the core. I never thought I could find another ML that appealed to me the way Ye Hua did in "Ten Miles" until I came across LCY. Both actors immortalized their respective characters and are irreplaceable. Although the characters are different (LCY is much more complex and villainous), they share the most important traits: Both are powerful, extremely smart, can see through subterfuge (never bought the OW's antics), and love their woman deeply (only tender towards them). Not to mention, I find both actors to be incredibly attractive/charismatic: They have the most expressive eyes and I love actors who can emote through their eyes. Now, I don't think I'll ever find characters as appealing as these two. Li Chengyin and Ye Hua will go down as my ultimate favorite male leads in a drama!

Here's an incredible and intense mv of them based on the ost song, "Love Catastrophe":  

https://youtu.be/3QRiuqwuLt0 (watch if you don't mind spoilers)

Here's another mv showcasing our ML's devilish/dark side -the actor's incredible and really brought this compelling character to life (can't imagine anyone else playing Chengyin -love his eyes and all his facial expressions):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7IK3zrgD_8&ab_channel=Anna

Turkish - 

1. Canevim

2. Kara Sevda

3. Bir Bulut Olsam (A little disturbing though) 

Pakistani 

1. Tum Meri Ho

2. Nazr-E-Bad

3. Deewangi

Indian 

1. Haasil

2. Haiwaan

3. Pinjra

4. Ek Deewana tha

I found an old gem, Tair-e-lahoti. H is an anti hero who stalks, threatens and even kidnaps the girl because he wants to marry her. I am not sure about the subs but it was a great show! He is obsessed as he tries to imprison her in one of his homes so no one can take her from him....the actor did a great job too!

MEHNDI HAI RACHNE HAI - a rude rich male lead and a strong widow . He even forced her to marry him. You can watch on hotstar with Eng sub

DEKHA EK KHWAAB- With very handsome prince and princess

ISHQBAAZ- male lead was very handsome and aggressive . Female lead was very strong fighter.

He forced her to marry him

Jess4163:

Thanks for the rec, but I don't think it's in English. I've never fully completed a Turkish show because I find many of them to have too many side character storylines that I don't care about. All that bloat kind of drags the whole show down. Also, many seem to have bad endings due to actors/actresses leaving the show, etc.

Is there any that fit this thread with a more focused plot? Thanks! 

Where can I find tair e lahooti serial... I tried checking but can't find at all

saakk on hotstar....the ml is hot and is quite over possessive atleast for some episodes he is her proffessor btw

Must watch "Shaurya aur Suhani ki kahani". It's free on hotstar... No need for subscription. It's typical hate turned love story but ML is extremely possesive & protective towards FL even when he hates her but once he starts falling for her, the only thing exist in his life is FL. I can't explain the way he married her twice... 

kakashi171961:

saakk on hotstar....the ml is hot and is quite over possessive atleast for some episodes he is her proffessor btw

I guess u r talking about "Shaurya aur anokhi ki kahani" Right?? It's a must watch show... Highly recommended... 

Mona Maurya:

I guess u r talking about "Shaurya aur anokhi ki kahani" Right?? It's a must watch show... Highly recommended... 

Hey! Is it like a typical Indian drama? Too long and full of Saajish etc? Or is it different?

SKY:

Hey! Is it like a typical Indian drama? Too long and full of Saajish etc? Or is it different?

186 eps with each ep. is of 20 mins.  You will crave for more towards the end of the series. Although it's long but it's worth it if u watch lead pair scenes.. U can skip/ff boring stuff... As for schemes, yeah it has some schemes for FL to make her leave the college but FL is a strong character who fights for herself for every scheme & it gets resolved pretty quickly with the help of ML, SML & ML's parents. Not typical Indian kitchen politics drama types. 

It's basically about Female's fight for their right in male society... College romance of professor & student turned into their marriage. Side love story of ML' s parents who separated years ago but still love each other immensely. The most powerful character in whole series is ML... Once he decides something it's done case... That's the beauty of the show... Most powerful character gets weakened by our strong FL... He literally cries for FL when she got lost & when she refused their first forced marriage. 

Al in all its a must watch show for who craves for intense, passionate romance with a possessive & protective ML. Bonus is our SML... He is such an optimistic character always rooting for our lead pair even when he likes FL. Through the series hez jolly character who is saviour for every difficult situation as he is the ACP. 

https://youtu.be/GaBFf-yGDLo ( fan made VM)