Devinder Dhiman:

MEHNDI HAI RACHNE HAI - a rude rich male lead and a strong widow . He even forced her to marry him. You can watch on hotstar with Eng sub

DEKHA EK KHWAAB- With very handsome prince and princess

ISHQBAAZ- male lead was very handsome and aggressive . Female lead was very strong fighter.

He forced her to marry him

haha the mhrw ML now cheated on his wife within 3 episodes of his ex returning back . Dude cries for his ex infront of his wife 

lol i think he is possessive for the ex and not  for his wife haha

iDRAMA :

I’m him watching khaani and the ml is everything please keep recommending more dramas with similar ml

I agree ML of Khaani was obsessive for FL but it was unrequited love which was not reciprocated by FL so it wasn't even actually a love story. 

I guess u prefer one sided love... U should search for that only... 

Mona Maurya:

I agree ML of Khaani was obsessive for FL but it was unrequited love which was not reciprocated by FL so it wasn't even actually a love story. 

I guess u prefer one sided love... U should search for that only... 

Omg what  I’m only in the beginning of khaani and I’m not a fan of unrequited love :(( I want love and affection from both of the leads  I would love a proper romance dramas where the ml is like  mir hadi and the fl falls for him eventually 

kakashi171961:

haha the mhrw ML now cheated on his wife within 3 episodes of his ex returning back . Dude cries for his ex infront of his wife 

lol i think he is possessive for the ex and not  for his wife haha

LMAO, thanks a million for helping me vet all these dramas so I don't have to do the research myself. I'll never understand why offline Indian viewers prefer cheating plots in a romance. There's plenty of ways to spice up a romance without ruining character integrity. IMO, it doesn't matter how possessive/obsessive the ML is in the past if he eventually cheats. This one act ruins everything. Maybe I should be happy that SAAKK ended when it did or else the writers, under ratings pressure, may ruin Shaurya's character too and that would wreck me.

Have you watched another Indian drama like SAAKK, with a consistently possessive ML who never gives up (hot chemistry with FL too), but with better plot threads that make the most of the love story's potential? Tall order I know...

I heard from India forums that there was this amazing 212 episode drama back in 2010 called Gulaal that featured an intense love-hate relationship btw an older woman and a younger man. Someone mentioned the relationship btw the leads was extremely layered/nuanced and very intense; basically love-hate done right. I read the summary and the story seems unique without any ridiculous plotlines and one dimensional antagonists. I really want to watch it, but there's no subtitles. Have you seen it?

iDRAMA :

Omg what  I’m only in the beginning of khaani and I’m not a fan of unrequited love :(( I want love and affection from both of the leads  I would love a proper romance dramas where the ml is like  mir hadi and the fl falls for him eventually 

Unfortunately, MLs that are outright villains like Mir Hadi never get the girl in the end. But there are MLs with villainous traits that get the girl in the end. Here are the best ones I've watched:

Game Rai Game Ruk -Sooo in love with the ML and FL. Loved how the ML was so passionately in love with the FL to the point where even his "revenge" seemed more like "courtship." He was truly bleeding his love and even when he's "jerky," he's still exuding his passion/love thru aggression. For me, I only really like slap/kiss and revenge lakorns (Thai dramas) because of their intensity/excitement level. And I found that heroes like Charles (H in here), who's both devilishly alpha and loving towards the heroine, are rare. Usually they're more jerky and I have a harder time seeing the "love" from their reprehensible actions. Yet I found this drama to be the exception: I've seen immense love from pretty much every one of Charles' hurtful actions. It's like every time he tries to hurt her, he ends up hurting himself far more and that level of emotion just really gets to me.

Roy Leh Sanae Rai (2002) -This was what got me into Thai lakorns in the first place and it's got one of the hottest Thai actors (IMO) paired with what many people consider his best co-star -they have so much chemistry. He's plays a very cunning/wicked ML in this drama and initially went after the FL for the wrong reasons, but along the way he falls hard for her, becoming very possessive and later, extremely insecure.

Proong Nee Gor Ruk Ter -Older Thai drama with a powerful male lead who's absolutely insane for the female lead. Their love story's really intense/emotional and there are lots of un-pc scenes. But, they have explosive chemistry and I was glued to the screen.

Towards the end, the ML doesn't lose steam in his obsessiveness, but the heroine refuses to be with him because she thinks he got the OW pregnant (fake) and wants him to take responsibility by marrying her . He didn't want to and even begged the FL on his knees (wants to marry her and no one else), but she was unrelenting. So, he was sort of going to go through with the marriage only because the FL asked him to. Though I hate story events like this, the whole sequence was towards the end and went by quickly (the ceremony was interrupted of course). Luckily, there wasn't enough time for the OW to gloat about this whole thing or I would have pulled my hair out, lol.

Romance of Tiger and Rose -very well-executed drama with a witty script about a screenwriter FL who time travels into her own script and tries to survive to the end without being killed...love the story and leads in this and I also fell hard for the ML, "Han Shuo." He's the type of hero I love the most: Ruthless, powerful, hot/charismatic, but only soft towards the heroine and never commits noble idiocy (push her away for her own good, etc.). Keep in mind that the overall tone of this drama is more comedic, though there is some heavier angst later on.

Honorable mention:

"Ten Miles Peach Blossom" (Eternal Love) -The ML in here doesn't really possess villainous traits, but he' all-powerful and cold to everyone except the FL. He's the best cold, yet extremely passionate ML I've ever seen on screen -the actor's that good and his take on this "cold, yet hot only for FL" type of character is the best I've ever seen in my 21 yrs of drama watching. 

The ML can give up anything/sacrifice anything for the FL and chases after her like a bloodhound -he basically deceived her into marrying him by not disclosing anything about himself (his biggest fault is his tendency to keep everything to himself and shoulder all burdens). He tries to shield her from everything, but when all hell broke lose, he tries to protect her using the wrong method and it cost him.  

What's even more attractive is how arrogant and cold he was before he met the FL -nothing and nobody can affect him. He's never loved anyone (there's a lady who stayed by his side since they were little and is obsessively in love with him, but he's extremely cold to her) and finds that emotion to be a nuisance. His 3rd uncle even said that though he's seen as "perfect" (crown prince status, extremely powerful and handsome) in everyone else's eyes, he's incomplete in his eyes because he lacks emotion/affection.  Well, that all changes when he meets our h: She's the only one who can melt him and make him go crazy.

Seriously, this ML won't be able to live without his beloved FL. When he thought he lost her, he gave up on life and almost died. He also cries a lot because of her -I just want to hug him (love his manly tears). He also sees through all female machinations and is never fooled by "other women" tactics. The drama's so good at making us see everything from the perspective of both leads, unlike the book which just focuses on the FL's side. I totally felt the ML's desperate love and pain...swoon!!!

kakashi171961:

yeah you pretty much summed up everything i wanted to see in the show.

ughh the wasted potential irks me so much man but then i look at the storylines of other itv shows and the sadist me gets happy lol

the rival show due to which saakk was under TRP pressure and they messed up the storyline is uddariyaan you should seriously read the story of it on wiki man its so irritating  haha idk how indian aunties/offline viewers watch such shows

P.S - they could not have actually stopped shooting cuz this show was on a stupid channel which is hungry for trp's they could have shut the show during lockdown then

OMG, that summary sounds like a trainwreck and the ML is absolutely awful (cheater and indecisive). 

Should I be grateful that the leads in SAAKK weren't given a similar treatment? I wish Indian dramas can just have a planned/fixed storyline that's allowed to run its course (some minor tweaking here and there's welcome) instead of just making things up to cater to ratings. If the drama's too popular and they want to keep going, they can end the current one happily and start a brand new story using the same cast. At least that'll preserve the sanctity of the current plot/characters and they can have a fresh start instead of beating a dead/stale horse.

Lol, you and I are on the same page in terms of everything we wanted to see in the leads' love story in SAAKK. We're both pained over the untapped potential and abandoned story threads...

nope not watched "gulaal"  read its summary now...... the story seems nice but the leads are not quite good i guess lol

possessive ML's are so hard to find man,,,, most itv shows have 2 women and 1 man while i love 2 guys and 1 girl lmao.....

just watched kuch rang though the ML breaks up with the FL for his mom the breakup phase is quite angsty and nice i guess lol but he was ready to even let her get married to another guy for his mom was a let down....

P.S - even i loved eternal love!

About Gulaal...

Story of 3 brothers & their connection with FL. Elder brother seeks help from FL for water problem in his village as FL is know to have supernatural powers to locate water underground. Their interactions turned into love & ultimately they married. But 2nd brother being jealous & obsessed with FL, killed his elder brother so that he could be betrothed with Fl as it was ritual that widow must marry any brother of her dead husband. So FL fully knowing about 2nd brother, chooses younger brother who was just a child that time. Both married according to ritual but FL sent his young husband to hostel for studies as she felt responsible for him after her first love/husband's death. Many years laters when younger brother/new ML returns after completing his studies with intention to continue his marriage. But FL refuses his request & insist him to marry according to his age. ML fights for his love & made FL to accept him as her husband. That sums up whole story. 

I still loved FL's chemistry with elder brother as m not a fan of younger men/ older women love story. But it's my perception only. I must admit, they beautifully portrayed  FL's relationship with both of her husbands. 

For Indian Tv dramas, I suggest Mile jab hum tum (college besed), Suvreen Guggal( college based), Saas bina Sasural(family based), Doli Saja Ke(family based with 2 possessive/protective MLs) & Pratigya(obsessive ML). 

Mona Maurya:

I still loved FL's chemistry with elder brother as m not a fan of younger men/ older women love story. But it's my perception only. I must admit, they beautifully portrayed  FL's relationship with both of her husbands. 

Lol, watching Gulaal right now (no subs, but there's written updates for almost every episode after younger brother grows up) with my sister and we're both loving the FL's chemistry with Kesar, the younger brother. We actually found Vasant (older brother) boring (didn't find him that attractive either) and skipped many of his scenes (the earlier episodes also had limited summaries). In our opinion, Kesar's way more interesting as well as hotter/edgier. Normally I'm not into older woman-younger man relationships either, but there's always exceptions, this being one. 

I'm a total sucker for clueless or resistant FL/relentless ML romances and Gulaal is exactly that. The FL is one of the best heroines I've ever watched in a romance. She's beautiful, pure-hearted, strong, and smart. Unlike other FLs in many dramas, she's not often victimized or out of the loop. In this series, she's pretty omniscient and does her best to protect her beloved first husband's family. I'm also touched by her love/loyalty to her first husband and find it completely understandable why she's unable to see Kesar (younger brother) in a romantic light. Her character is very well written and sets up her romance with the younger brother to be very one-sided. And this is what I want to see, hee hee hee. 

I know she doesn't love Kesar (younger brother) the way he wants her to for a long time and that makes the chase all the more exciting to watch. The FL first being clueless, then resistant and the ML becoming relentless once he's no longer in denial of his feelings. I'm really going to look forward to all their juicy scenes together and the ML's possessiveness!

Lastly, I'm delighted this drama's full of well-written and 3-dimensional characters. There are almost no characters who are evil for evil's sake. The overall storyline also seems to be planned out well in advance and is devoid of ludicrous plotlines. What a breath of fresh air!

Mona Maurya:

For Indian Tv dramas, I suggest Mile jab hum tum (college besed), Suvreen Guggal( college based), Saas bina Sasural(family based), Doli Saja Ke(family based with 2 possessive/protective MLs) & Pratigya(obsessive ML). 

In your opinion, out of all these dramas, who's the most possessive/relentless ML once he falls in love? And do the MLs in these dramas ever give up or commit noble idiocy? Thanks in advance!

Jess4163:

In your opinion, out of all these dramas, who's the most possessive/relentless ML once he falls in love? And do the MLs in these dramas ever give up or commit noble idiocy? Thanks in advance!

ML of all dramas are protective & loyal to FL once they fall for FL. But the most possessive one is ML of Pratigya. search for clips/VMs of these couples on you tube. 

Mile Jab Hum tum : 3 couples with different love story of their own....Extremely loyal to each other... College romance end up being married. 

Suvreen Guggal : hate turned love story with college theme. 

Saas bina sasural : a newly married couple living with in-laws as all are male except newly wedded daughter in law. Fun to watch. 

Doli Saja ke : family drama with weak FL but her both husband were extremely protective of her...

Pratigya : powerful, obsessive, loyal & funny ML... Forcefully married FL in order to make her live with him... He is sorta of local goon who threatens everybody who tried to approach FL. 

kakashi171961:
possessive ML's are so hard to find man,,,, most itv shows have 2 women and 1 man while i love 2 guys and 1 girl lmao.....

Lol, also totally not into 2 girls-1 guy triangles. If there has to be a triangle in a romance, I'm all about 2 guys/1 girl. But there's not as many intense or well-done ones. To this day, no love triangle affected me the way Kdrama, "Autumn in my Heart" did. I was 14 yrs old at the time and watching that drama wrecked me. I was truly torn btw the two guys in there (loved both of them) and there hasn't been a drama since that could leave me so conflicted.

Mona Maurya:

ML of all dramas are protective & loyal to FL once they fall for FL. But the most possessive one is ML of Pratigya. search for clips/VMs of these couples on you tube. 

Mile Jab Hum tum : 3 couples with different love story of their own....Extremely loyal to each other... College romance end up being married. 

Suvreen Guggal : hate turned love story with college theme. 

Saas bina sasural : a newly married couple living with in-laws as all are male except newly wedded daughter in law. Fun to watch. 

Doli Saja ke : family drama with weak FL but her both husband were extremely protective of her...

Pratigya : powerful, obsessive, loyal & funny ML... Forcefully married FL in order to make her live with him... He is sorta of local goon who threatens everybody who tried to approach FL. 

Wow, thanks for the explanations! Pratigya sounds right up my alley -hope it has subs or detailed summaries. Does the ML prioritize the FL above everything, even his family? Thanks again!