I think we all have seen various versions of the same drama, whether it be a remake from another country or a remake from the same country several years later. Out of these dramas that you have seen, which versions have been your favorite? Your least favorite? You can include an explanation if you wish as well! I've seen three dramas with multiple versions: Hana Kimi, You're Beautiful, and The Devil. For Hana Kimi my ranking would go as such: 1. Hana Kimi (Japan) 2. To The Beautiful You (Korea) 3. Hana Kimi (Taiwan) I haven't seen the 2011 Japanese remake. Out of these, the Japanese version is by far the superior version for me. It's hilarious without being TOO ridiculous and it can take itself seriously when it needs to. The actors are all so fantastic, especially Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu. I thought that the characters and acting in TTBY were way too boring and the story moved too slowly. Everything was just less memorable and vivid. For the Taiwanese version, the biggest turn-off was the acting. It was either too bland (Wu Chen) or way too overdone (Ella Chen). The only thing I preferred from the Taiwanese and Korean versions was the relationship between the two leads. Other than that, I preferred the Japanese one in almost every way. For You're Beautiful: 1. You're Beautiful (Korea) 2. Ikemen Desu ne (Japan) 3. Fabulous Boys (Taiwan) YB had an absolutely FANTASTIC cast. There is no doubt about that. The chemistry between all the characters was so good. It's insanely hard to beat. Ikemen Desu ne certainly wasn't bad, but the shortened time really was a big blow. I loved Takimoto Miori (her voice and rendition of "alone" <3) and thought that she and Tamamori Yuta were absolutely adorable. Nevertheless, YB is totally on another level, but IDN is still good. I literally just finished Fabulous Boys and I just... didn't like it much. Which surprised me because I love Jiro Wang! I thought the characters were bland in comparison and didn't care for the slight character change that Tai Jing went under. I thought the chemsitry between Jiro Wang and Su Li Wen was lackluster and I just didn't feel any sparks. I didn't laugh and smile like an idiot when they interacted like I did with the other two versions. Some of the plot change also was less effective. For The Devil: 1. Maou (Japan) 2. The Devil (Korea) To be honest, they're pretty close. The biggest downfall for The Devil is that it is WAY too long. It was almost a chore to watch. Maou's condensed plot was much better at keeping my attention. Overall, I thought the acting in Maou was better as well. More... passionate? I had a pretty difficult time rating these dramas, though. I'm still not sure. So! What about you guys?
I have only seen the Japanese and Korean versions of Boys Over Flowers and Hana Kimi. Other than live action dramas there were anime versions of some dramas although I haven't seen them yet such as Hana Yori Dango, Playful Kiss, and Winter Sonata. I'm waiting for Nodame Cantabile Korean version.
Favorite version of Hana Yori Dango: Japanese Favorite version of Itazura na Kiss: Korean Favorite version of Hana Kimi: Taiwanese Favorite version of You're Beautiful: Korean
I have seen different versions of a drama. I've seen Hana Yori Dango, Hani Kimi, You're Beautiful, but My favorite would be Itazura na Kiss. (There is a 1996 version but I am not gonna watch that one) >.<~

1. Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo (Japanese)
2. Playful Kiss (Korean)
3. It Started With a Kiss (Taiwanese)

I enjoyed watching these versions and I loved them all. They were a bit, somewhat different, well for me cos I watched the anime and read the manga. I guess you could say the Japanese version was very similar to the anime/manga. So that one was my favorite. The Korean version, I loved that version as well, but the main guy was so mean. His character version was the meanest of all the versions. Lol. Seung Jo. Haha. (Kim Hyun Joong played the role well though). The Taiwanese version was a bit different for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved it as well. I thought I would hate it but I didn't. The way the characters were in this version made it feel more real and they went in depth a lot more with some scenes which I enjoyed and found pleasing.

If I were to rate my favorite in order it would depends...

Actor and who followed the anime/manga better:
1. Japanese
2. Korean
3. Taiwanese

Main Actress:
1. Korean
2. Japanese
3. Taiwanese

Couple love, story, how well the characters played and made me feel as a viewer:
1. Taiwanese
2. Japanese
3. Korean