Hello! May I join the group? I enjoy K-Historical dramas.

My first one- The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012).

Currently watching The Crowned Clown (2019)

Arclei:

Hello there! I'd like to join! 

And I didn't wanna spam the chat with a long reply but JulyMoon, wow, those banners are beautiful! Thank you for making them! So glad to see one of Secrets of the Shadow Sect, defs using! 

Welcome to the club, Arclei! Thank you! Happy you like and use it. ^.^ I recognized your profile pic. Zhang Gong Zhu Zai Shang was my first Chinese Short Length Series and I loved it. 

Shenmi:

I've put TTEotM on hold bc the CGI was too much for me at that time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  but I do hope you enjoy till the very end :)

Yeah it's indeed CGI heavy. So far it gives me Love Between Fairy and Devil vibes and I loved that drama, so hopefully it will stay like this. :)

MajesticConfidence36:

Hello! May I join the group? I enjoy K-Historical dramas.

My first one- The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012).

Currently watching The Crowned Clown (2019)

Welcome to the club! :D

Shenmi:

I've put TTEotM on hold bc the CGI was too much for me at that time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  but I do hope you enjoy till the very end :)

Funny, I started TTEOTM as well but stopped. That was a awhile ago, I don't even remember why. lol

JulyMoon:
Yeah it's indeed CGI heavy. So far it gives me Love Between Fairy and Devil vibes and I loved that drama, so hopefully it will stay like this. :)

LBFAD is one of my all-time favorite historical/fantasy dramas ever. Partly cuz Dylan Wang!! I loved everything about this drama, even got used to hearing fairy's baby voice. I didn't want that to stop me from the whole wonderful watching experience.

American Fan:
Funny, I started TTEOTM as well but stopped

TTEOTM will certainly put you through the feels (i've finished it about a month or so ago), it's definitely something to watch when you are in the mood for sure lol 

American Fan:

LBFAD is one of my all-time favorite historical/fantasy dramas ever. Partly cuz Dylan Wang!! I loved everything about this drama, even got used to hearing fairy's baby voice. I didn't want that to stop me from the whole wonderful watching experience.

Totally agree. Wang He Di as the fairy was hilarious. He totally got me with his versatile acting. 

I have only watched a quarter of TTEOTM yet, but can already say it will not reach the level of LBFAD for me. It's dragging, the entire relationship between the leads is a constant 'Can I trust him/her back and forth' and tons of scenes where we see the ML suffer (probably to make the viewer feel sympathy for him, but it's too much imo). Honestly, I feel like what I've seen so far could've been told in less episodes.  

Will complete it, but my excitement from when I saw the first photos of the drama has already waned.

Ari:

TTEOTM will certainly put you through the feels (i've finished it about a month or so ago), it's definitely something to watch when you are in the mood for sure lol 

JulyMoon:
I have only watched a quarter of TTEOTM yet, but can already say it will not reach the level of LBFAD for me. It's dragging, t

I'm torn, do I keep watching or not, haha. I kinda felt the same as you, JulyMoon, with the dragging, now that I think about it. Nothing is worse than feeling bored or impatient when watching a drama!

American Fan:

I'm torn, do I keep watching or not, haha. I kinda felt the same as you, JulyMoon, with the dragging, now that I think about it. Nothing is worse than feeling bored or impatient when watching a drama!

Totally understand. I don’t think I felt bored when watching TTEOM with all the drama every episode, but I gave it about a 6.5/10 because the ride to the end was a hard one — and mainly not in a good way. LBFAD is one of my favorite dramas, I gave it about a 9/10, so I agree with Moon on that front that they are not on the same wavelength unfortunately. 

Side note, I’m not sure if anyone here has watched Blossoms of Adversity but I absolutely love it so far. I’m on about episode 16 and started like two days ago. It’s exceeded my expectations. 

Ari:

Side note, I’m not sure if anyone here has watched Blossoms of Adversity but I absolutely love it so far. I’m on about episode 16 and started like two days ago. It’s exceeded my expectations. 

I watched it while it was airing and loved it. ML actor is not my favorite so I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, but he did well, esp. paired with FL actress who played such a strong, pragmatic character. The side characters were also really interesting and enriched the story.

American Fan:

I wouldn't say it's plain out boring, there are some nice scenes here and there that I like. At the same time, it's dragging and compared to LBFAD there's a lot less overall enjoyment. I'm binging and watching at higher speed especially scenes with Ye Bingchang/Tian Huan because I don't like her. xD

JulyMoon:

I wouldn't say it's plain out boring, there are some nice scenes here and there that I like. At the same time, it's dragging and compared to LBFAD there's a lot less overall enjoyment. I'm binging and watching at higher speed especially scenes with Ye Bingchang/Tian Huan because I don't like her. xD

I was the same! I flew through those Bingchang scenes because I could already predict how this character was going to meddle 😂 

Are you at like the midpoint of the drama? Can’t wait to hear how you’ll rate it. 

Ari:
I don’t think I felt bored when watching TTEOM with all the drama every episode, but I gave it about a 6.5/10 because the ride to the end was a hard one — and mainly not in a good way.

JulyMoon:
I'm binging and watching at higher speed especially scenes with Ye Bingchang/Tian Huan because I don't like her. xD

Ohhh, okay. Not boring is a plus. lol 

Maybe I'll speed it up in parts if I need to. 

Ari:
I’m not sure if anyone here has watched Blossoms of Adversity

angeliviki2022:
I watched it while it was airing and loved it

Heya there Angelviki! I didn't realize it was you until after I quoted. haha

I haven't seen this one and when I read the description last month I wasn't sure if there was enough romance (or is it mostly business) for me. So I didn't add it to my PTW list. 

How would you guys rate the romance in Blossoms of Adversity? 

Barely there, some romance here and there or def part of the story?  :-)

American Fan:

Ohhh, okay. Not boring is a plus. lol 

Maybe I'll speed it up in parts if I need to. 

Heya there Angelviki! I didn't realize it was you until after I quoted. haha

I haven't seen this one and when I read the description last month I wasn't sure if there was enough romance (or is it mostly business) for me. So I didn't add it to my PTW list. 

How would you guys rate the romance in Blossoms of Adversity? 

Barely there, some romance here and there or def part of the story?  :-)

Great question! I’m only on about episode 16 so Angelviki might be able to speak to this more than I can but so far it seems like sort of a slow burn but there’s obvious attraction and chemistry between the two there. They are friends currently where I am in the story but it’s heading towards something more with how protective he is of her and how she’s starting to recognize her own feelings.