Things seem to be saturated right now with the cutesy romance in historical setting drama. I've enjoyed a few but also dropped a few. I'm hoping My Wife Is a Thief will be good once that gets released but iQiyi has been delaying and delaying.

Hoping there will be some longer more serious historical dramas but haven't come across any recently.

Knavery:

Things seem to be saturated right now with the cutesy romance in historical setting drama. I've enjoyed a few but also dropped a few. I'm hoping My Wife Is a Thief will be good once that gets released but iQiyi has been delaying and delaying.

Hoping there will be some longer more serious historical dramas but haven't come across any recently.

I'm also waiting for a good one to drop. For now Who Rules The World looks the most promising as a coming soon drama. Rumor has it that it might drop end of March or the beginning of April. WeTV and Tencent also seem to promote it heavily on Twitter, Youtube, etc.

Knavery:

Vya van Velaris:

I'm also waiting for a good one to drop. For now Who Rules The World looks the most promising as a coming soon drama. Rumor has it that it might drop end of March or the beginning of April. WeTV and Tencent also seem to promote it heavily on Twitter, Youtube, etc.

I'm also waiting for Who Rules The World, plus A Dream of Splendor, The Wind Blows From Longxi, and Heroes!!

Ari:

I'm currently watching General & I, and I really can't get into it. Did anyone else have this feeling when watching this or did anyone like it? 

I couldn't finish it either. I don't know if it's too dated or what, but I wasn't into it.

I want to join this club  (✿♡‿♡) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Historical dramas! I always keep wanting to come back for more.

The emotions I feel from the characters feel so strong whether they are happy or sad or betrayed (which is super common in this genre coz there's often politics involved) (speaking of which I love Politcal genre too!)

Welcome to the club ! Nice profile presentation. ;)

Fun fact, I love epic historical Indian movies. Jodhaa Akbar being my absolute favourite one. This movie is really a feast for the eyes (and not just for Aishwarya Rai ^^) and the ears. The soundtrack is amazing.

Thankyou ^_^

I haven't watched the movie myself °__° but the soundtrack is definitely amazing. I did however watch Jodhaa Akbar's Indian drama :D that's also really fun

Hi all,

I’m making some challenge badges with the hexagon template I made. I want to make some more with historical dramas. Please if anyone has some suggestions (any country) with great historical dramas (pretty visuals), let me know! I’m posting them here if your interested. Badges and Banners.

Combined some Sageuk ones in this post, wil be adding more there. 

They’re so pretty! I love them  

I think Pinterest is your best bet for great posters or drama visuals. Check this out for example: https://www.pinterest.com/amnethystdragon/chinese-historical-dramas/

Vya van Velaris:

They’re so pretty! I love them  

I think Pinterest is your best bet for great posters or drama visuals. Check this out for example: https://www.pinterest.com/amnethystdragon/chinese-historical-dramas/

Oh thank you for the pinterest link!

Hi, how to join? So, I can receive notifs

cdrama:

Hi, how to join? So, I can receive notifs

Welcome! To receive notifications, just make sure that the eye icon on the top right hand corner is green :)

Hii! This seems like the best place to get information about historical dramas so I'm just gonna ask, hope you guys don't mind. I want to watch historical dramas with someone who doesn't like tragic endings, fantasy and plots with too much blood so I'm having hard time picking something that fits. Do you have some recommendations? It can be C or K drama, realistic (not wuxia, xianxia etc) and with the happy ending. Thank you in advance! ?

tanavanas:

Hii! This seems like the best place to get information about historical dramas so I'm just gonna ask, hope you guys don't mind. I want to watch historical dramas with someone who doesn't like tragic endings, fantasy and plots with too much blood so I'm having hard time picking something that fits. Do you have some recommendations? It can be C or K drama, realistic (not wuxia, xianxia etc) and with the happy ending. Thank you in advance! ?

Maybe the long ballad? I really liked it. It's not like super gorey, there isn't any fantasy. 

tanavanas:

Here are some I can think of right now (in random order):