For April, I haven't watched much dramas at all cause I didn't have time to binge watch but I was able to watch some movies.

✨Completed✨

The Fortress  8.5/10  - This was more introspective than a action war movie. I loved the scenes between the two ministers. Very bleak, but that's the point of the movie I guess. 

Railroad Tigers  8/10  - The movie was funny but a bit over the top. Wang Kai should do more comedies. He stole the show for me.

✨Planning to Watch✨

Who Rules the World - maybe?

Jun Jiu Ling - at some point when I feel up to it

APRIL 2022
CURRENTLY WATCHINGCOMPLETEDPLAN TO WATCH DROPPED
 Nienna:
PTW:  

Wuxin: The Monster Killer
DROPPED:

Love & Redemption ( I couldn't get past the tropish first 2 eps.; worth skipping ahead?)

For Love & Redemption, I can definitely see that the first few episodes are kinda cheesy, but it is seriously a great story overall! 

I'd also like to know what you think if Wuxin: The Monster Killer if you watch it. I didnt know there were 3 whole seasons, so Im planning on watching the rest in the future. 

sone:
lucy_lu - I added those all to my PTW! I love the Painted Skin concept so I'll pretty much watch any/all things related.

Hope you'll like them :D I was about to recommend you the "Painted Skin" movie with Zhao Wei and Chen Kun, but I've seen from your Watchlist that you already watched it ;)

Vya van Velaris:
I watched this mainly for the (hints of) GL and to see Yan Wei kicking ass. Also, Zhang Nan is such a treat to look at (girl crush!). But story-wise it's indeed not special (and don't get me started about the ending!).

now I'm getting worried XD I personally find Sun Yihan really beautiful, love her long braid ;) Probably I'll finish the series this weekend, I'll be back with the final judgment XD

Vya van Velaris:
To make this thread more like a club instead of just a welcoming committee, what about we all do a monthly recap of historical/costume dramas we watched, put on hold, or drop on that month

Love this idea!

I just completed Stand By Me (7.5/10) : What I really loved about this drama was the acting. It really wowed me and made me a permanent fan of Cheng Yi and Zhang Yu Xi. 

(Spoiler Note ahead)  Unfortunately, I felt there were mad dragged on scenes for me to be able to rate it any higher. The ending also broke my heart but that wasn't a factor for my rating.

I put the Sleepless Princess on hold.  The drama feels really cheesy to me and I've only watched two episodes. I did want something light after watching Stand By Me but this drama just seems too silly for my tastes. I may continue it later on though because I'm interested in the main actors.

I dropped General & I (6/10). I lost interest around episode 32. It wasn't doing enough for me plot wise and there wasn't enough for me to keep watching the drama without feeling like it was a chore to do so.

I'm currently watching The Kings Affection. It's really interesting so far, but I feel like I need to watch something light beside it. I may check out a modern drama if I can't find a light romance historical drama.

Hi there!

I love historical dramas and would love to join the club.  How do I go about doing it?  I usually just post on the Feeds when I discuss dramas but glad to find this club as well.  Love all the banners as well.

Thanks!

virgievirgie:

Hi there!

I love historical dramas and would love to join the club.  How do I go about doing it?  I usually just post on the Feeds when I discuss dramas but glad to find this club as well.  Love all the banners as well.

Thanks!

Welcome! 

You have to deposit gold ingots and bake osmanthus cakes as membership fee XD

Lol! Just kidding. You don't have to do anything apart from joining in the discussion and posting any topics related to historicals :)

WandereR:

Welcome! 

You have to deposit gold ingots and bake osmanthus cakes as membership fee XD

Lol! Just kidding. You don't have to do anything apart from joining in the discussion and posting any topics related to historicals :)

Hello my friend, WandereR!  I should have known you are a member!  My gifts to you all members.  :)

virgievirgie:

Hello my friend, WandereR!  I should have known you are a member!  My gifts to you all members.  :)

Yummy! Thank you, my friend! :) <3

Have fun in this club, all the members are awesome!

Welcome virgievirgie, and thanks for the lovely cakes!! 

If you want, you can post your April recap about which historical/costume dramas you've watched/dropped/put on hold. Or just start any discussion that you're interested in.

Vya van Velaris:

Welcome virgievirgie, and thanks for the lovely cakes!! 

If you want, you can post your April recap about which historical/costume dramas you've watched/dropped/put on hold. Or just start any discussion that you're interested in.

Great idea.  Not too many historicals in April..but here they are:

Completed:

1. No Boundary Season 1

2. No Boundary Season 2

3. Bulgasal: Immortal Souls (does this count?)

4. The Killer is Also Romantic

5. Her Royal Highness

Dropped:

1. Miss S

Currently Watching:

1. Pachinko

2. The Blue Whisper Part 1

virgievirgie:

You guys are so funny.  Glad to see you here.  :)

Currently Watching - The Lady in Butcher's House

Been a fan of Baby Zhang's acting since the 2016 version of Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang. The male lead was also pretty good at facial expressions from previous work I have seen him in.

I will say the first ~10+ episodes are a bit of a rough go with the leads for me. I would imagine a lot of people will have dropped it in those first 11-12 episodes. But to me this is one of those "gets better over time" dramas. If this was the first 1/3 I would rate it below average/bad, middle 1/3 is good, still haven't watched the last 1/3.

The ninja is hilarious but I'll leave it at that.

@Knavery, and e1 on this thread.  You bring up a good point: the slowwww 1st part of some  lengthy historical C-dramas.  I dropped a Wuxia in August because I was getting impatient with nothing of importance happening (back story, too much time setting up characters so that the viewer can notice the change, etc.)  My opinion -and it's just mine - is that 30+ episdoe dramas tend to spend about 25 - 20% of the total eps just to make sure we are ready for something to happen.  HAHA. 

And yet, there I was last week, telling my friend to NOT drop Nirvana In Fire because after the the 24th ep all hell starts to unravel.  hahah~!

hii i'd like to join! my favorite korean historical drama is the red sleeve while my favorite chinese one is the untamed!!