fiflydramalover:

This makes me curious. Would Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones be considered historical dramas? 

It depends on the definition someone gives to it, but for me, it's yes and no.

"Game of Thrones" is an historical TV series, fantasy historical one. Because they use real historical elements (political and social systems for exemple), although totally fictional. However, "Lord of the Rings" are not historical movies, just fantasy ones as they don't have real historical elements used in it. 

Both original books series are considered fantasy, but "A Song of Ice and Fire" have clearly medieval roots and inspiration.

I can’t seem to add a title… A pop up saying ‘voting has not yet started’ appeared

Wanted to add The Longest Day in Chang’An in the historical drama list. 

Let me have a look 

ok; try it now

fiflydramalover:

This makes me curious. Would Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones be considered historical dramas? 

I would say both are definitely Fantasy not Historical. The difference between them (GoT being more political whereas TLotR is more of a quest) does not make GoT more "historical," rather it makes them two different subgenres of Fantasy. HOWEVER, according to the way dramas are tagged on MDL, I think both GoT and TLotR would be marked Historical on MDL (which is weird in my opinion).

awkward potato:
I can’t seem to add a title… A pop up saying ‘voting has not yet started’ appeared

I'm also having this problem.

fiflydramalover:

Here's my 2 cents - generally agree with most of the views. They're both fantasy and could be considered western style xianxia.

I could understand the historical tag, whether according to MDL conventions or mere perception because of the themes eg monarchy, medieval weapons etc.

Nienna:

ok; try it now

I’m sorry, but it’s still not working T___T  Issit another glitch in the MDL system?

Edited: The period drama list is working but the historical drama list isn’t.

I'll take a look at the Historical List again

ok; the voting starts 5/23 at midnight...but I don't know what the default time is (GMT, GMT +5, etc_) . Best bet, wait till Tuesday the 24th.

For the historical list, I tried to add a title and it didn't worked but it appears as my first choice... that's strange. ^^

Also, will we do the same for movies later ?

kYuBin:

i was also curious about  this

kYuBin:

For the historical list, I tried to add a title and it didn't worked but it appears as my first choice... that's strange. ^^

Right now, we are starting with a list for series.  Movies later (unless they are already on the list; if they are, I'll move them to a separate HDC movie list)

We you able to add a historical drama? Regardless of where it is on the list, you should be able to vote for it.

@Nienna - I am still having trouble with the Historical voting list.  It still said voting hasn't started.  maybe delete the old one and copy that to a new one?

Questions

1. How long is the voting period per round?  One week per round?  A few days?

2. 2nd round is based on top 75 votes of the 1st round and we shouldn't add dramas to the 2nd round list, correct?

Thank you again for all of your hard work!!!