virgievirgie:

@Nienna - I am still having trouble with the Historical voting list.  It still said voting hasn't started.  maybe delete the old one and copy that to a new one?

Questions

1. How long is the voting period per round?  One week per round?  A few days?

2. 2nd round is based on top 75 votes of the 1st round and we shouldn't add dramas to the 2nd round list, correct?

Thank you again for all of your hard work!!!

Hey, Virgie;

there  has to be a glitch; the settings for the historical drama are the same as period drama.   I just reset the start time to now, so let me know whether you are able to add anything.  If the problems persist, I'll start from scratch .  JUST TO BE SURE: are you using this list: https://mydramalist.com/list/1NkPwoZL

answers: 

1) 7 full days (closes 6/1); do you think I should make both lists longer?

2) correct; we start with up to 75 and then pare it down in round 2 (which will be another vote) and then round 3, which will be the final vote .  By mid-June, we should have our first Hall of Fame (crossed fingers! ??) 

I'm having fun doing this :)

Thanks for posting the link again. I guess I was using the wrong one.  Just added 3 more dramas.. hopefully, they will show soon.

woooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

UPDATE:

Hall of Fame Round #1 Lists

I've  moved some dramas around: what should have been historical was in period drama...and vice versa (thanks to HDC members for their sharp eye and brains!)

If you are going to add to the historical list, be sure that it meets out HDC definition.  If you aren't sure, DM me :) 

Check on the list now to be sure that you are voting for your favorite historical or period drama  :)

Here are the two lists:  

PERIOD DRAMAS

HISTORICAL DRAMAS

@Nienna I see Nirvana in Fire in both lists.

Hi drama lovers! I’m a long time lurker but maybe it’s time to come out of the shadows and join this club.

I enjoy historical, costume, period, whatever you want to call them dramas/movies from around the world. My first Asian historical was “Mr. Queen”. Very impressive. My favorite historical movie (so far) is “The Throne”, aka “Sado”. The last one I’ve completed is “Empress Ki”. I’m currently watching “The Wind Blows from Longxi”.

So hopefully people will keep posting here for discussions and recs. BTW will there be a voting list for movies to go along with the one for dramas?

While you are here, join us for the HDC Hall of Fame, ROUND #1.  Be sure to read the brief instructions so that you know the difference between what we are calling Period Dramas, and Historical Dramas.  VOTE for your favorites :) 

https://mydramalist.com/list/4a6RKx81

https://mydramalist.com/list/1NkPwoZL

I'm currently watching The story of Ming Lan and I'm loving it, but I despise the ML. He's a men that can easily get manipulated by a women exactly like her father.

Nienna:
While you are here, join us for the HDC Hall of Fame, ROUND #1.  Be sure to read the brief instructions so that you know the difference between what we are calling Period Dramas, and Historical Dramas.  VOTE for your favorites :) 

I'm a little confused by this bc I see historical dramas in both lists! Silly me but what's the difference bt Period and Historical then? I see Period as in Sino era, Republican era - ww1 and ww2 and the Historicals as in Costumes of "ancient" times, different Dynasty and so on

flemme:

I'm currently watching The story of Ming Lan and I'm loving it, but I despise the ML. He's a men that can easily get manipulated by a women exactly like her father.

This is one of my phenomenal favourites :)  You know lot of women end up with the guy that has lots of characteristics,  just like their father ^^

Anyhoo enjoy

ryan:

I was thinking about watching it I was wondering if there is any scheming & cunning sisters

Yup there are!

Shenmi:

I'm a little confused by this bc I see historical dramas in both lists! Silly me but what's the difference bt Period and Historical then? I see Period as in Sino era, Republican era - ww1 and ww2 and the Historicals as in Costumes of "ancient" times, different Dynasty and so on

Shenmi; can you tell me which ones?  

There was a lively set of responses in this thread about 10 days ago (along with comments on the lists) about what is Historical vs Period.  The introduction to the lists should explain the differences.

Because MDL members could add their favorites to the list, some titles ended up on the wrong list, and I thought I had fixed all of them, but am happy to make corrections is you let me know which dramas you think belong on each list :) 

Hope this helps :)

Baklajan:

Hi drama lovers! I’m a long time lurker but maybe it’s time to come out of the shadows and join this club.

I enjoy historical, costume, period, whatever you want to call them dramas/movies from around the world. My first Asian historical was “Mr. Queen”. Very impressive. My favorite historical movie (so far) is “The Throne”, aka “Sado”. The last one I’ve completed is “Empress Ki”. I’m currently watching “The Wind Blows from Longxi”.

So hopefully people will keep posting here for discussions and recs. BTW will there be a voting list for movies to go along with the one for dramas?

Welcome~! ^^ An yes, hall of fame for movies will come too after we finish the ones from dramas.