GOOD NEWS:  There is such a lively discussion going on.  HDCers are amazing. 

MORE GOOD NEWS: there are options forHDC to keep track of its next set of HDC lists

BAD NEWS:   Just got the word that my fall semester is going to be killer; and my summer gig writing proposals has just gone nuts.  

MORE BAD NEWS: unless HDC does lists after the end of September, I may not be as available as I'd like.

Hope you all understand.  Such is life as an adjunct prof. 

Nienna

@Nienna, totally understand. Whenever you need a break, do pop by. Other than lists for Hall of Fame, i think the lists will usually be open-dated, so you would still be able to contribute :)

@HDC Members, we have some good progress in the Monthly Discussion Topics via Feeds. Thanks to suggestions from xinya, WandereR and virgievirgie! A quick summary below. Do pop by the feed to express your views - simply like if you are for a suggestion, and comment if you have a suggestion.

January
Joyous January
Starting the year joyously and jubilantly
For more upbeat stories eg historical comedy, rom-com etc
February
Fabulous February
Celebrating fave, fabulous female characters
March
Memorable March
Celebrating fave, memorable male characters
April
Action April
Appreciating action, adventure, stunts, wuxia, martial arts
May
Moving May
Appreciating dramas that moved me and made me cry (heartbreaking dramas)
June
Just Beautiful June
Appreciating beautiful costumes, accessories (include weapons), make-up
July
Justice July
Appreciating dramas with justice-revenge plot
August
Antagonist August
Appreciating antagonists/villains
September
Scenic September
Appreciating scenery, (filming) sets and cinematography
October
OST October
Appreciating OSTs
November
Noble November
Appreciating dramas on imperial, royal politics and war..
December
Drama of the Year
Celebrating fave drama of 2022

I would fund Kingdom S3, but I don't have the funds...

Asiana:

I'm new to historical dramas and just wanted to greet you all. ^^

I watched mainly modern Japanese dramas in the past, but have developed an interest in Chinese historical dramas recently. I'm watching two at the moment: Empresses in the Palace and Love Better Than Immortality. ^^

Welcome, Asiana!  Come join in the fun!  We've been quite active in the last week or so with figuring out the direction of HDC and what we want to do next.  You can read the posts in the last few pages and also see the amazing work Wish Upon A Star put in to consolidate everything.

@Wish Upon A Star, @xinya, @WandereR and @virgievirgie Very good job in finding thematics for monthly discussions ! It's great, love it.

@Asiana Welcome to the club ! You will find plenty of recommendations here if needed. ;)

Asiana:

Thank you very much for your kind words! ^^

Welcome! to the clubs as well.

Asiana:

Welcome Asiana!

@Wish Upon A Star It looks great! You're awesome!

@Nienna Honestly, I think it will take a while to create recommendations lists. There's a lot of thought to go into it if we're going to make some shorter more "curated" lists rather than the "add everything" type list that I started for the movies (and even with that one, I think I'm going to periodically remind people to send in recommendations so the list can continue to get input from more members). Maybe we can set a goal to get the first set of lists done by the new year.

Asiana:

I watched mainly modern Japanese dramas in the past, but have developed an interest in Chinese historical dramas recently. I'm watching two at the moment: Empresses in the Palace and Love Better Than Immortality. ^^

Welcome!! 

i liked love better than immortality :) Hope you’re enjoying  

Asiana:

Welcome, Asiana.  I think most, if not all, the members of this club have been mesmerized by the immersive world of historicals and fantasy so we're happy to induct more members into our little cult hehe

By the way, love your username as well :)

Hope you have fun here!

kYuBin:
@Wish Upon A Star, @xinya, @WandereR and @virgievirgie Very good job in finding thematics for monthly discussions ! It's great, love it.

No problem, we're glad to help out in whatever way we could :)

@Asiana - welcome as well and no stress! Like what WandereR said, we're just helping out in whatever way we could! :)

@MDC Members - looks like the responses on the Feed has stagnated, and since it's already 7.7, shall we start launching our Monthly Discussion Topic for July: Justice July - Appreciating dramas with justice-revenge plot?

Wish Upon A Star:

@Asiana - welcome as well and no stress! Like what WandereR said, we're just helping out in whatever way we could! :)

@MDC Members - looks like the responses on the Feed has stagnated, and since it's already 7.7, shall we start launching our Monthly Discussion Topic for July: Justice July - Appreciating dramas with justice-revenge plot? 

Ok, since I suggested the theme I might as well get the ball rolling on this one lol

Bloody Heart, which recently aired, is still fresh on our minds for those who've seen it. 

For me, the big one is of course Nirvana in Fire, my all-time favourite C-historical. The road to justice is a long and winding one for this story :O