RXinw:
China is being a meanie again guys!

omg I was just waiting for it-- everyone was way too excited-- and it just screamed this is going to get blocked

I'm glad I didn't start it now, at best all we're going to end up getting is a watered down censored version-- but from track record this might not even finish airing

iQiyi should have released it in one go--

axdxex:
omg I was just waiting for it-- everyone was way too excited-- and it just screamed this is going to get blocked

I swear whoever is in charge of censorship in China was just randomly scrolling through X and said "Oh what is this? This is interesting......Delete!" LOL

This was China scrolling past other Asian BLs until stumbling upon it:

RXinw:

I swear whoever is in charge of censorship in China was just randomly scrolling through X and said "Oh what is this? This is interesting......Delete!" LOL

This was China scrolling past other Asian BLs until stumbling upon it:

DEAD 

Day 7. Books. Do you read them? What genre do you enjoy most? What are you reading right now?

Something not known about me is I used to edit for two different LGBTQ publishers and was also in acquisitions for one of them. So I used to read all the time. Now I don't read as much with my work schedule, but I do enjoy it when I get a chance. I will also read non-M/M books, particularly because I am a sucker for plot and world-building. I had been reading Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews, but I got bored with the overwhelming smut and decline in the apocalypse plot. It started strong but I've lost interest. A bummer because I'd really enjoyed her Amish series. Last book I finished that I enjoyed was the Hockey Guys series by Sarina Bowen - I love sports in M/M romance books. I could babble on forever.

Day 7: Books. Do you read them? What genre do you enjoy most? What are you reading right now? 

Yeah, I do enjoy reading a fair bit, especially when I get tired of dramas and movies. I've been reading a lot of BL novels recently, mostly danmeis. The genres I enjoy the most are psychological, fantasy, comedy (only for bl), historical, supernatural, crime/investigation, and wuxia(only for bl).

Right now, I'm reading "The Atlas Six" by Olivie Blake and "Kaleidoscope of Death" aka Spirealm's novel. I recently finished "Heaven Official's Blessing" and "Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation" novel 1. I'm also about to start this bl novel called "The Pervert and the Yandere" lmao. It features a crazy ML AND an equally crazy MC, which I'm very excited to read!!!! A line in the synopsis --> "A pe*verted and demented gong versus a neurotic and yandere shou." 

Hello! I'd love to join. I love thai and japanese BL dramas and would love to find people with the same interest! 

stalkerhiro:

Hello! I'd love to join. I love thai and japanese BL dramas and would love to find people with the same interest! 

Welcome to the club *waves*

August Challenge Days 1-7

Day1 - Describe the place you call home:
In a hot, humid, subtropical city in South Florida, USA

Day2 - Share about username and profile photo:
My username, Jadeheart, is a name that I initially created to use for my fantasy mmorpg video game characters. Also, my favorite color is green, especially the various green shades of the jade gemstone. My profile photo is just me being artsy with a mirror selfie lol.

Day3 - Share a quote/poem/haiku that best reflects the inner "YOU":
“It’s always been yours, I cannot find another this heart will beat for.” — S.L. Gray

Day4 - Favorite and least favorite drama tags:
Like:                                                                                 Dislike:
LGBTQ+                                                                        N/A
Gay Relationship
Gay Romance
Reincarnation
Reincarnated Lovers
Fated Love
Love At First Sight
Friends To Lovers
Childhood Friends' Relationship
Long Time Friends
Secret Crush
Time Travel
Time Altering
Magical Object

Day5 - What is essential for a drama worth watching or rewatching over and over:

This one doesn't have a simple answer. Each drama that I have enjoyed fully had something(s) about them that I just connected with, and it's different for each one. But, Stay With Me and I Feel You Linger In The Air both equally share in the #1 top spot for me amongst all BLs. Those are both exquisite masterpieces to me that can be examples to help answer this question.

Day6 - My NUMBER ONE BL drama for 2024:
Don't need to even think about it ... it's Century of Love ... my #1 Best BL of 2024 award winner!

Day7 - What books are you reading now; what genre?:
I'm not that much of a book reader in general, however, the last book that I read a couple years ago was the audio book version of Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky.

Magnoliee:
today I slipped at home and injured both arms and my right foot

Ouch! Get well soon ... and don't do stuff like that!

Jadeheart:
Day6 - My NUMBER ONE BL drama for 2024:
Don't need to even think about it ... it's Century of Love ... my #1 Best BL of 2024 award winner!

I'm glad that quite a few others share my love of this series. Can't wait till today's final episode!

Century of Love - Episode 9

San is one selfish bastard for sure. Anyways I will save my review for the finale so that I can just do one big review (yes it is going to be one of my long ones lol).

All in all I have truly enjoyed this series. It is sad to see it end, my Wednesdays and Thursdays will feel empty without those good Chinese instrumentals I love from this series. Well done Daou and Offroad; they threw jabs in Love in Translation but they delivered a knockout in this one. I look forward to future series from them.

RXinw:

Century of Love - Episode 9

San is one selfish bastard for sure. Anyways I will save my review for the finale so that I can just do one big review (yes it is going to be one of my long ones lol).

All in all I have truly enjoyed this series. It is sad to see it end, my Wednesdays and Thursdays will feel empty without those good Chinese instrumentals I love from this series. Well done Daou and Offroad; they threw jabs in Love in Translation but they delivered a knockout in this one. I look forward to future series from them.

Ah!! I love Century of Love so far, I haven't caught up since ep 6 yet cause seeing Mrs. Wad stressed me out lmao, now im double scared.

The first two eps of Cosmetic PlayLover came out recently, I keep rewatching the eps! I love their chemistry and these actors are awesome WOO! I'll try and read the manga tonight.

Meet You at the Blossom - Episode 9

Huge revelations in this episode.

My heart is still in pieces and I know that the next episode will scatter those pieces sigh! I cannot wait for this series to build it back up again. I really do not want this series to end. I think it is very obvious how I am going to rate this one. Damn it Chinese writers  you are doing it again! This will be a series that will have me re-watching scenes for sure.

The next stop on my watch train is I Saw You In My Dream, so next post in a couple minutes from now :)

lovelykao:
Ah!! I love Century of Love so far, I haven't caught up since ep 6 yet cause seeing Mrs. Wad stressed me out lmao, now im double scared.

Prepare your heart.

RXinw:

Meet You at the Blossom - Episode 9

Huge revelations in this episode.

My heart is still in pieces and I know that the next episode will scatter those pieces sigh! I cannot wait for this series to build it back up again. I really do not want this series to end. I think it is very obvious how I am going to rate this one. Damn it Chinese writers  you are doing it again! This will be a series that will have me re-watching scenes for sure.

The next stop on my watch train is I Saw You In My Dream, so next post in a couple minutes from now :)

Prepare your heart.

I saw you in a dream is so cute!!! yay!