OnyxTheHedgehog:

Ikr it took me a while to get used to the Asian BL way of things lol

Same! My personality is far too bold and without remorse to ever be able to live within any kind of Asian culture. They'd all loathe me for sure!

p43425:

(re "Monster Next Door") This is a pretty fair characterisation. What I especially like about the series, though, is probably the same thing that makes the chemistry so awkward, namely that they're such total, extreme opposites - in their physiques, in their interests, and most of all in their personalities. And speaking from a lifetime of personal experience, that is itself a pretty realistic basis for their mutual attraction.

Nope that's not why for me cuz I actually really like opposites attract with all the awkward encounters/interactions kind of storylines, which is why I like the story itself on the whole and enjoyed the beginning, but there's just something that's not fully connecting with this one for me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm just simply not invested in them as characters or as a couple whatsoever. There's nothing here so far that makes me wanna pull up a chair, grab the popcorn, and squeal with delight when they get close or cheer for their HEA.

The show is enjoyable for the most part, but something is missing. Be it acting that can't quite convey that zing of chemistry that naturally occurs between a great pairing (both fictional and real), awkward or not. Or maybe it's simply a directorial thing and they're just not hitting the sweet spot. Y'know, the kind that has you squealing out loud and simultaneously covering your mouth, while slapping in a "did you see that?!" moment at the invisible bestie watching beside you, and has you kicking your heels up and shouting "Yes, yes, YES!" at the screen in pure happiness and joy for the couple when they finally get kiss or get together. 

Yeah that. I'm not feeling that. *GRIN*

GelfyFaeth222:

Heads up guys, when the zombie virus spreads, we all head to Onyx's house LOL

Agreed. I absolutely refuse to be one of those girls I always call 'too stupid to live' in a horror movie and I absolutely will not die because of being with one. *nods lots* 

I also am the type to hit first and ask questions later if someone were to jump out at me, so there's that too. The unfortunate byproduct of growing up with nothing but guys, and mischievous ones at that! LOL!

Jadeheart:
The vividness of my imagination scares me sometimes.

But when it comes to life it's all worth it. AWESOME JOB! 

GelfyFaeth222:
I sense some study sessions? Maybe?

*grin*

MeNotYou:
Y'know, the kind that has you squealing out loud and simultaneously covering your mouth,

I'm a guy, so I don't squeal or cover my mouth. Grunt, yes ... and possibly salivate. But I never squeal.

p43425:

Newly posted WeTV pilot for "Caged Again":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6I_W35eKw
Looks quite cute!

WOOT! Soooo checking that out! It looks like a story that will breathe very much needed fresh air into the stale and tired old High School storyline. Can you please, give me a heads up when it drops? I rarely watch YT shows so I'll probably not see when the first epi starts otherwise.

p43425:

I'm a guy, so I don't squeal or cover my mouth. Grunt, yes ... and possibly salivate. But I never squeal.

Silent squeals count too, y'know.... just sayin' *grin*

OnyxTheHedgehog:
I agree. The actors r cute and good at acting as their characters but I don’t feel the chemistry between them much. But the story is nice

It is for this same reason that I have not given any substantial review of this series yet. I was hoping to see the chemistry build up over time but it is now, at least for me, too late for that as the halfway mark has been passed. I have yet to watch episode 6. I saw it available but could not muster the interest to watch last night but I will be watching today. I feel more committed to the side couple; I see more chemistry between them than the leads. 

I agree with @p43425 about the leads being extreme opposites and so that forms the basis of the initial interest and attraction so I can see where their differences would compliment each other; however that is a script or rather a framework for a story-line. For me seeing it portrayed how it is in the series does little to capture the romantic elements. I feel this type of story-line needs actors with strong chemistry to hold them down and properly explore the differences between the characters. 

There is something else I want to say but I will hold off because I wonder if when the conflicts come to head if there will be a shift in what I want to discuss, so for now these are my thoughts.

p43425:
"Caged Again":

The penguin is so cute !

p43425:

I am just imagining you saying this and I am dying lol

Yes guys, in my head I have a voice I think fits each of you lol.

RXinw:
For me seeing it portrayed how it is in the series does little to capture the romantic elements. I feel this type of story-line needs actors with strong chemistry to hold them down and properly explore the differences between the characters. 

Exactly! There's zero anticipation for me with this series. I like it well enough per se, but there's no excitement for it to air for me either. It could stop airing and I probably wouldn't even notice or miss it at all.

RXinw:
Yes guys, in my head I have voice I think fits each of you lol.

Uh-oh... I think this doesn't bode well for me. lol

p43425:

I'm a guy also. It's okay bro, you're among friends here. You can admit it. You have squealed at least once. At least internally to yourself. :)

So ep. 6 of 4 Minutes today messed with my head and I'm so confused. D: