Emrys:
I might start watching My Love Mix-up! (TH) but people were saying it's not like the original... so idk if I'd like to watch it. GemFourth as a pairing isn't necessarily my cup of tea.

I don't mean to blaspheme my most dearly beloved Fourth and Gemini, but quite honestly, if you're not a fan of theirs, and especially for you as a JBL lover, you'll probably say, "Meh, I prefer the Japanese original."

American Fan:
spending most of the series beating around the bush with their emotions

Yeah, true. That's a very Japanese thing.  And all those funny habits like noodle slurping and profuse apologies when they didn't actually do anything wrong. But I love 'em anyways.

axdxex:
I saw him for the first time last year in 'My Universe.'

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Is "My Universe" worth watching? The reviews are very mixed, with some quite harsh, and 24 episodes is rather a big time investment. Does it make sense to selectively watch the 3-4 best stories, even though they all take place in the same universe?  From the MDL average ratings*, I guess #2 and #4 through #6 (bold below) are the best - or do you have a differing opinion?

* "Casanova Begins" 6.7, "Marry Go Round" 7.0, "Right Time, Right You" 6.7, "You Are My So(ul) Mate" 7.3, "Lucky Love" 7.3, "The Camp Fire" 7.1, "Friends Forever" 6.5, "Fake Love" 6.5, "Pisces of Me" 6.6, "1626" 6.7, "Refund Love" 6.2, "I Wish You Love" 6.5

Finished 3 episodes of To Be Continued. I still don’t know how I feel about this tbh. When I read the synopsis, I felt that it would be a heart touching and emotional story. So far, I haven’t felt anything. I don’t care about any of  the characters or the plot. Hoping to see if it’ll get better. Has anyone here watched it?

American Fan:
I think We Are is getting all the attention right now, haha.

Is We Are good? I'm not sure if I should start it at all since it's been a while since I last watched a Thai BL. I started The Trainee because I wanted to see Gun Atthaphan on screen.

p43425:
you'll probably say, "Meh, I prefer the Japanese original."

Yeah, I think this is what will happen and I hate to say it but I tried watching Cherry Magic TH and it wasn't as good as the original. Of course I've only watched the first episode, so I should really give it another chance someday, but for now I'm happy to watch every JBL in existence :D

p43425:
Is "My Universe" worth watching?

I passed on this one partly due to the very low rating.  If I didn't have so many other series to watch I might consider it.

sjay:
To Be Continued.

Hmm, for me this series was a "meh" and a 7/10.  My 7's mean not that great but not terrible either. I don't rec series unless I rate a 8/10.  If it's not doing a thing for you my rec is to drop it. :-) 

Emrys:

Is We Are good? I'm not sure if I should start it at all since it's been a while since I last watched a Thai BL. I started The Trainee because I wanted to see Gun Atthaphan on screen.

I had to warm up to it a little, after the first episode (which was good) and then I've continued to enjoy it. If you like the camaraderie of a friendship group then you might really like this series. It's seems pretty much split btw romance and friendship relations. And there are several couples pairing up, so there might a fav for you. 

I recommend it plus there are plenty more super great Thai BL's you're missing out on!  Many of us here have our fav BL's list on our pfp if you wanna check them out for Thai BLs.  :-)

Interesting that you are watching The Trainee for Gunn. I love him a lot, especially in Not Me, which is why I'm having a hard time with Cooking Crush (I dropped) and The Trainee (which I haven't been able to start yet). Not Me was so dramatic, hard-hitting and action (loved it!) oriented that these series seem too tame and immature, IMHO. I wanna see OffGun do more adult-like series, but I don't mean THAT kind particularly.  Haha.

Emrys:
I tried watching Cherry Magic TH and it wasn't as good as the original.

I love the original too, BUT I was really impressed with the Thai version so much that it almost edges out the J-version! A disclaimer though - J-dramas in general are my least favorite, (but there are a lot of good BLs) so I might be biased. But yeah, give it a chance and try to keep watching!

I've been wondering how RXinw is doing. Sound like the whole island is affected by the hurricane. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Be safe & be healthy friend!!!!

I'm also thinking about Chun Mo. My last sent DM 12 days ago hasn't been answered, so feeling a bit worried. 

I hope both BL friends are okay!! ❤️❤️❤️

American Fan:
I hope both BL friends are okay!! ❤️

Ditto. Best wishes for the swift recovery and return of these two wonderful members!

American Fan:
these series seem too tame and immature, IMHO. I wanna see OffGun do more adult-like series, but I don't mean THAT kind particularly. Haha.

I know what you mean. I tried watching CC and dropped it too. TT seems to be better, at least the first episode made me laugh out loud a lot, but that's probably the Gun effect: whatever he does on screen is bound to be interesting. I'll try to complete CC sometime but so far I've been focusing on other series... and irl events.

You mean, not something like The Novelist? Tbh I don't think OG have the chemistry necessary to pull an adult series like that one. I do agree they could play an adult series that's more like Not Me again, if the proper script falls into their laps. But that's neither here nor there as I don't know what's reserved for GMMTV 2025. They might not have a series at all for 2025, who knows.

American Fan:
But yeah, give it a chance and try to keep watching!

I will try. I think the first episode was underwhelming for me because TayNew aren't my cup of tea either. In fact, lately I've been out of the loop completely when it comes to the Thai BL fandom and in general with all fandoms I was lurking in. All I know that's happened recently is that OffGun will be in Europe in January 2025. This news made me happy but sadly I cannot attend their event. Maybe some other time?

Today I took a break from everything even if I have to watch Ameiro Paradox and get to watching a few other series. I think maybe it's time to get serious again with irl things and leave dramas for a while.

Emrys:
You mean, not something like The Novelist? Tbh I don't think OG have the chemistry necessary to pull an adult series like that one. I do agree they could play an adult series that's more like Not Me again, if the proper script falls into their laps.

I agree. I haven't seen The Novelist, but yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of Not Me, or at least not what they are doing now. 

Emrys:
I think maybe it's time to get serious again with irl things and leave dramas for a while.

You have to follow your gut and do what works best! :-)

RXinw:

Hey guys, this might be my last post for a few days because major hurricane Beryl is expected to make landfall in Jamaica early tomorrow morning and so utilities are expected to be shut off and/or damaged so there is no way of knowing when electricity will be back after the hurricane passes. Yup.  I won't get to watch WE ARE tomorrow *cry emoji*. Anyways updates:

Source: X (Twitter)

Please be safe

What I'm currently watching:
Knock Knock, Boys!

Love Sea

My Love Mix-UP (Thai)

My Stand-In

Sunset x Vibes

Takara no Ridro

The Rebound

The Trainee

Wandee Gooday

We Are

@p43425 - My Universe

I only watched You Are My Soulmate & Lucky Love and did enjoy them. The stories stand alone and are a only little under 2 hours, so they were easy to watch. I can’t speak for the rest.

axdxex:
@p43425 - My Universe

I only watched You Are My Soulmate & Lucky Love and did enjoy them.

Thanks. Those are also the two with the highest MDL ratings, so I guess I'll try them first.

American Fan:
I hope both BL friends are okay!! ❤️❤️❤️

I truly hope they are!