Simi_Tutu:

Holy Crap that's a lot of favorites LOL   I think it takes a really deep story or  a series were the romance is just so perfect i can't help but give it a 9 or 10  haha  did you look at my PTW list for 2024 or Completed BL list because i think i have a little more then 11 but only like 2 series with a 10 lmao 

I’m sooo stingy with 10’s, so I only have 1 (3 between 9-9.5) but I do tend to rate A LOT between 7 and 8.5. 

It’s so funny to realize how subjective everyone’s ratings are lol

axdxex:
lol

The magical world of MDL haha 

Simi_Tutu:

The magical world of MDL haha 

I don’t trust the apperance of emojis !!! ? 

By the way guys I started watching We Are  last night and I love it ! No one told me it was a hate to love romance.

I decided to go out in left field and started Love in Translation. Only on the second episode, but so far it's cute and silly. I wasn't too sure in the first episode, but the second one is growing on me some. I don't see it being a favorite or anything, but it has some endearing qualities.

Simi_Tutu:
I think it takes a really deep story or  a series were the romance is just so perfect i can't help but give it a 9 or 10

I get that. Because I like comedy soooo much, if a series has me laughing a lot, along with a good story, it might easily earn a 10. I value humor almost as much as good romance. If there's romance, humor and action/martial arts then I'm over the moon. Ex: HIStory 3: Trapped.  

Simi_Tutu:
look at my PTW list for 2024 or Completed BL list because i think i have a little more then 11 but only like 2 series with a 10 lmao 

I hadn't but did now. More heart wrenching moments for me. I'mma have to stay away from your rated lists, lol. 

axdxex:
It’s so funny to realize how subjective everyone’s ratings are lol

Right? :-) 

Simi_Tutu:
No one told me it was a hate to love romance.

Surprise! hehe

segos:
started Love in Translation.

I had to look that one up to see what I did with this series and it's on my "D" list. "D" for "Dumped". 

But I'm glad other's can enjoy it. 

American Fan:
Here's my input abt the series mentioned above, cuz I've seen them all. And my rating.

Unknown (Goes deep)  10/10

Jazz For Two (Medium deep) 9/10

Star In My Mind  (Enjoyable) 8/10

Why R U? (Thai)  (Fun & pretty light) 8/10

Semantic Error (I actually watched it twice, very rare for me) 10/10

My School President (My least favorite, but popular with many) 7/10

I haven't yet seen "Unknown", but I rated the other five 10 stars. You wanna talk about rating inflation?  I have 128 out of my 277 rated titles at 10 stars!  (I like to see the best in things and am willing to overlook some flaws.)

"My School President" is one of my all-time faves - but of course, it's a matter of personal taste.

@segos, specifically regarding the two titles this started with:

"Why R U?" (original Thai) has some weaknesses and flaws, and not only because the pandemic cut off the end of production. (Under the difficult circumstances, I give them credit for doing their best.) Nevertheless, there's lots that's good and fluffy-cute and original about it, notably the Saifah/Zon storyline (and for a first-time actor, Jimmy Karn was quite remarkable). I enjoyed it!

By the way, some of the Saifah/Zon story/footage was pushed into the separate "SaifahZon Story" (3 episodes), which is very flawed and repetitive and doesn't add much. I assume this was just an afterthought to capitalise on the sudden popularity of Tommy and Jimmy.

As to "Jazz For Two", I wasn't so keen on the story through about the first half, but it got much better, and by the final episode I was totally invested. Good actors/characters, high production quality. Not among the top tier of KBLs, but that's a very high standard indeed. I enjoyed it!

P.S. I really liked "Love in Translation". As you say, it's cute and endearing, even if not brilliant.

American Fan:
Like, you know The Untamed? I finally watched it this year and I swear I was watching a horror show at times.

The Untamed wasn't even that scary tbh and I don't like horror either. The Novelist isn't scary at all, it just has sex scenes in it. Anyway, if someone told you to watch Alice in Borderland, don't. That one really is kinda scary and the gore is through the roof. It ended up one of my favorite Japanese series though (non-BL).

p43425:
You wanna talk about rating inflation?  I have 128 out of my 277 rated titles at 10 stars!  (I like to see the best in things and am willing to overlook some flaws.)

Haha! I like your reasoning. Aww, so sweet!

Whew, so I'm in the middle somewhere in regards to rating 10's. Not too extreme after all.  :-)

Emrys:

The Untamed wasn't even that scary tbh and I don't like horror either. The Novelist isn't scary at all, it just has sex scenes in it. Anyway, if someone told you to watch Alice in Borderland, don't. That one really is kinda scary and the gore is through the roof. It ended up one of my favorite Japanese series though (non-BL).

Sex scenes of a graphic nature are included on my can't handle list. Not for any moral reasons though. I looked at AIB a ways back and I came to the conclusion it would be too dark and scary for sure. 

American Fan:

Another fun Perth YT vid. He talks about Y Destiny, which I haven't seen.  He's so sweet and down to earth to listen to.

I love Perth I have this in my watch later on YouTube.

Have you guys watched the 4 Minutes trailer? Looks good if you ask me 

babi:

Have you guys watched the 4 Minutes trailer? Looks good if you ask me 

I'm going to watch it today.

Question: Which BL actor do you feel excels at kissing?

After catching up on We Are, I decided to go back and rewatch Never Let Me Go. Watching Pond Kiss got me thinking about what type of kisser I'm drawn to in BL. The conclusion, Im naturally drawn to actors who use their whole mouth in a kiss like they literally suck face.  LOL Both Jimmy and Pond kiss the same way haha 

Simi_Tutu:

After catching up on We Are, I decided to go back and rewatch Never Let Me Go. Watching Pond Kiss got me thinking about what type of kisser I'm drawn to in BL. The conclusion, Im naturally drawn to actors who use their whole mouth in a kiss like they literally suck face.  LOL Both Jimmy and Pond kiss the same way haha 

For me Bon & Prem , Net  & James,  First & Khao, and Boss & Noeul are to of my top favorites but Kurt & Chris from Unknown that was hot and we waited to long

Simi_Tutu:

FortPeat <3