Chun Mo Rionnag:
Day 5 of April Challenge
Favourite Female Character

Oh, that's a tough one. Hmm ..

Are we including mothers and grandmothers? If so there are lots of really good and memorable ones to choose from (as well as plenty of awful ones), e.g. Pharm's mother and Dean's grandmother (Intouch's sister) in "Until We Meet Again", both mothers in "My School President", Mama Xu (Qi Zhang's mother) in "About Youth" - just to name a few.

But I guess we're talking more about peer-age female characters, right? There are lots of really nasty evil awful ones, to the point of being a rather irritating trope in BLs - and not so many really good, serious and memorable characters who aren't just there for comic relief. Three that come to mind: Ink from "Bad Buddy", Som in "Secret Crush on You", and Hashimoto from "Kieta Hatsukoi" ("My Love Mix-up").

And of my three nominations, I pick ... *drumroll* ... Som from "Secret Crush" because she was the bedrock of the four-way friendship that made this such a sweet and lovely series. 

April Challenge

Day 5 - Favourite Female Character

This has been my most anticipated challenge yet because it is time this character is brought back to the centre once again:

@Chun Mo Rionnag same, Yiwha from Together With Me is also my pick. 

She remains my favourite female character of all time. When Knock was pissing me off she was just there in the series to hold things down and make me smile. For me she was more than a side character, as far as I am concerned she was the main character and she was the moment; ICONIC. Today is officially Yiwha appreciation day. Let's bring back this phenomenal character back into the discussion; she has not been forgotten.

Semantic Error

I FINISHED IT TT

It was sooo good omg

The kiss at the end was sooo cute *heart eyes* I’m in love with the MLs 

This drama is a 10/10 and going on my masterpiece BLs list <3

I honestly loved it a lot more than I thought I would haha

No regrets :)

Also, what’s the movie for Semantic Error like? 

OnyxTheHedgehog:

Semantic Error

I FINISHED IT TT

It was sooo good omg

Welcome! Semantic Error is tied for number 1 in  my little rating world. I'm not a big rewatcher of  series but I have rewatched this one so many times that I know most of the lines. It never gets old for me. The OST is great as well.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Haha can I be VCSO (Vice-Chief Spice Officer)? ;)

Welcome partner :)

OnyxTheHedgehog:

It is basically just the entire series put together in a movie form.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Semantic Error

I FINISHED IT TT

It was sooo good omg

Great! I am happy with you! I love it, too! I liked the development of the characters and the development of the relationship very much. I think it's kind of enemy to lovers trope, right? Don't know if I should put this in spoilers but I do it to be on the safe side. I like that kind of trope. :-) 

OnyxTheHedgehog:

I am not sure... Isn't it all episodes just put together in a row to form a movie? I think I have read that somewhere. But maybe someone else does know it for sure. 

Concering the April Challenge - I think I pause it. I have recognized that I haven't watched enough BL dramas to have enough to choose from. I will take the questions as an inspiration to watch dramas. 

I like reading your answers. I get ideas and recommendations from your answers. :-) And gifs! :D Ohh I loooove the gifs! Even though I don't know most of the people shown on the gifs, but I like the gifs. :-)

I've started to watch Cutie Pie. 

I've watched the first episode. I have a question which I put in spoilers because I don't know if it is worth it to spoiler it.... And maybe I'll embarass myself now^^ ...., but who is the doll Annabelle? Is it a character from a horror movie or someone like that? 

--------

Edit: Ah I have seen the movie question - it is like I guessed. :-) 

SaphireTheCat:

Welcome! Semantic Error is tied for number 1 in  my little rating world. I'm not a big rewatcher of  series but I have rewatched this one so many times that I know most of the lines. It never gets old for me. The OST is great as well.

Ooh I’d better go check out the OST then! It’s def a great drama to rewatch :D

RiqueXinw:

Welcome partner :)

Right back at ya :)

RiqueXinw:

It is basically just the entire series put together in a movie form.

Oh wow really? Is it worth watching it then?

@Magnoliee

For Semantic Error, it’s not exactly an enemies to lovers trope right? Not sure exactly what it is but their relationship was indeed really well paced and it was really well produced :)

As for Cutie Pie: 

Oh wow, I watched this drama so long ago haha but it’s a drama I genuinely enjoyed and didn’t get bored with and it’s also on my Masterpiece BLs list :D

It was HILARIOUS and I just loved ZeeNunew so that made me enjoy the drama even more

Also, yeah Annabelle is a doll in American horror movies (The Conjuring, Annabelle) 

She’s just the classic horror doll, nothing new (possessed demon, haunting kids, etc) 

Actually, maybe I’ll watch the Semantic Error movie after I forget a bit of the actual drama, so it’ll be like rewatching the whole drama 

Instead of watching the same thing I literally just watched, u know? 

And I was thinking of starting City Of Stars now…wdu guys think? Is it good? 

OnyxTheHedgehog:
And I was thinking of starting City Of Stars now…wdu guys think? Is it good?

I think you should watch. Personally I am waiting to binge it; there is a particular scene where an interesting conversation took place that I saw on Twitter that needs my attention :) The same can be said for To Be Continued because I am seeing clips and photos and I am fighting the temptation to start it now because I am seeing some things.

I also wanted to ask is anyone here watching Two Worlds the series because I don't hear much raving about it and I want to know if I need to rush to it or it can wait.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Also, yeah Annabelle is a doll in American horror movies (The Conjuring, Annabelle) 

She’s just the classic horror doll, nothing new (possessed demon, haunting kids, etc) 

Okay, thanks for the explanation, Onyx. :-) 

Learned something again. :D I avoid horror movies.  O.o

RiqueXinw:

I think you should watch. Personally I am waiting to binge it; there is a particular scene where an interesting conversation took place that I saw on Twitter that needs my attention :) The same can be said for To Be Continued because I am seeing clips and photos and I am fighting the temptation to start it now because I am seeing some things.

I also wanted to ask is anyone here watching Two Worlds the series because I don't hear much raving about it and I want to know if I need to rush to it or it can wait.

Ah ok I’ll start it soon then! Yeah I saw a very - INTERESTING ;)- scene on YT and really wanted to start it but wanted to hear feedback about it first

It sounds like a cute healthy drama which will be nice :)