Honestly my own opinion here. I would probably pick B

The black haired guy is Rik. I got him under a chinese-thai mix but he was quite easy. Wen, not so much. He's harder to pin down. 

So A is his Chinese version. I can kind of see it but that's because Rik has a lot of chinese in there, so they look good together because they're both chinese LOL I can imagine a cdrama with actors that look like that.

B - my pick - is a korean version. I like this because I like the contrast. Wen's got that funky idol look happening and it's clashing with Rik's conservative look. I like that. 

C - is Japanese - these two look like brothers to me LOL

D - the popular one is Taiwanese. Hes definitely got that soft bottom look which is interesting that it's the popular one. It also has a nice contrast as a more feminine openly gay man, with a conservative traditional male. 

E - the actual Thai one that no one has picked LOL I couldnt get a good face card version so went with this one. Ai has a standard thai man face because they kept giving me the same features LOL I dont like this one. I feel like if these were real people, they wouldn't even get a long let alone be a couple LOL

Wrenix:

Sorry to interrupt your BL broadcast but entertain for my overthinking ass for minute. 

You are guys are much more experienced with BL varieties and enjoy ships and can tell who makes a good couple or not. I bow at your knowledge. That's me sucking up to you, to tell me what you think of these pairings. If these were real actors presented for a BL show, what would your impression be, and which one is your favourite and why. 

There's no reason for this other than i'm genuinely curious what you guys like? LOL

A
B
C
D
E

MeNotYou:
I really like A pair together, but the hair of the blonde is just a little too neat and makes them too similar, which would be ok if say they worked at the same place for example, but not for what you've already given us story wise. It needs to be more... rough around the edges, so-to-speak. But that face..... yes that face works really well. I also really like D, but that's more of my own personal yum! preference than anything else. *grin* I think E works much better and more inline with your story. So my choices are either A or E dependent entirely on what you've decided their nationality is going to be. Hope this helps!

Thank you for such a detailed response <3

Honestly E's styling is probably the closest character wise but none of them have his face. LOL He's being very hard to pin down, which is very true to character, thank you brain for reminding me how annoying I am LOL Never imagined a dreamed up face to be so damn annoying LOL

FortPeatForever:

Lmao who hasn't Mark kissed? XD ♡ 

Lmao fr he’s such a comic gem XD

Wrenix:

Honestly E's styling is probably the closest character wise but none of them have his face. LOL He's being very hard to pin down, which is very true to character, thank you brain for reminding me how annoying I am LOL Never imagined a dreamed up face to be so damn annoying LOL

True, none of the pictures really look like Wen…

Wrenix:
I love how they are sticking to Jiang's colouring/lighting as being darker, blue shades and Sheng's being warmer and sunnier lighting. It's a nice contrast, like yin and yang. 

I liked that too and I loved that we got to see J's dimples! I'm such a sucker for dimples....lol

ANNIE NU:

SO ARE YALL WATCHING JACK AND JOKER HERE

Absosmurfly! And I'm freaking loving it!

Wrenix:

So I've started Takara's treasure, cute so far, and on ep 2.   I just have to stop and question, as an accessory addict, how are light catching glass stud earrings more conservative than plain silver hoops? LMAO Wha??

Omg I thought the same thing and I'm NOT an accessory addict, but I do create complete looks so....LOL.

Wrenix:
Random but I  don't like buff men. In fact sometimes they kind of scare LOL I was watching a show the other day, cant remember which one, and the camera focused in on these really pronouced abs and I felt a bit sick LOL

Bite your tongue...lol. That said, I don't like super muscular men like body builders for example. I like what I call the gymnast body, Y-shaped and with well defined muscles. Wide shoulders, narrow waist, and wash board abs, will always be welcome and greatly drooled over appreciated. *ahem*. I am also very much a face person. It doesn't matter how good the body is if I'm not attracted to the face. Sexy eyes and great smiles are a real thing for me, and if you add dimples to the mix, I'm sold. 

RXinw:
So I am seeing all these new couples and faces and decided to share some visuals I have of just some of the OGs:

Such great photos! I would SOOOO have a field day on your computer I just know it!

RXinw:

ROFLMAO! Lawd I adore you...lol. It's like you live in my head!

MeNotYou:
Bite your tongue...lol.

MeNotYou:
Such great photos! I would SOOOO have a field day on your computer I just know it!

LOL Careful what you wish for. There is a reason certain files are under lock and key on my laptop hehehe.

MeNotYou:
ROFLMAO! Lawd I adore you...lol. It's like you live in my head!

LOL.

Question are you familiar or understand Jamaican Patois because I am Jamaican and if you do then we can really start having fun LOL

axdxex:
I just wanted to share this because Mark is hilarious lol

Everybody needs to have a friend like Mark. *grin*

Wrenix:

I'm detail orientated too so when I looked at the pics you provided, I didn't look at them with personal preferences in mind per se (tho D was just purdy to look at...lol). Instead, I looked at them with your story and the characters details in mind, tho some overall aesthetics did play a part as well. That's why for me, like you, nothing really stood out for me as "Yes this is the one!", so I went with the ones that were the closest to what you described them as being, both in personality and appearance. Tbh, I much preferred the one you posted a while back that I said reminded me of a blonde Cha EunWoo or the Felix look-a-like one that was posted right after as a closer match to our boy. :-)

MeNotYou:
I'm detail orientated too so when I looked at the pics you provided, I didn't look at them with personal preferences in mind per se (tho D was just purdy to look at...lol). Instead, I looked at them with your story and the characters details in mind, tho some overall aesthetics did play a part as well. That's why for me, like you, nothing really stood out for me as "Yes this is the one!", so I went with the ones that were the closest to what you described them as being, both in personality and appearance. Tbh, I much preferred the one you posted a while back that I said reminded me of a blonde Cha EunWoo or the Felix look-a-like one that was posted right after as a closer match to our boy. :-)

haha. I see your point. Although I had posted not with the intent to dig for other people's opinions on my own characters LOL I just genuinely wanted to explore the whole shipping mentality and have now have a ton of ai men on my laptop so thought I'd experiment.

Apologies to anyone if they were offended by my post. Take it as more child like curiosity into something that has always fascinated me LOL

But yes. The korean one you mentioned, definitely has Wen's vibe, playful and sensual.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
True, none of the pictures really look like Wen…

I'm interested to know how you imagine him?

RXinw:
LOL Careful what you wish for. There is a reason certain files are under lock and key on my laptop hehehe.

Have you yet ever known me to be careful about anything I wish for? *GRIN*

RXinw:
Question are you familiar or understand Jamaican Patois because I am Jamaican and if you do then we can really start having fun LOL

No wonder we get on so well! This explains so very much...lmao!

Since I've been to Jamaica (stayed for a month) and I've also dated my fair share of Jamaican men, I'm very familiar with it....lol! That said, it moves very fast and it sometimes takes me a minute to catch on, plus it's been a while since I last heard it in person, so I'm sure my understanding will be extremely rusty. But yeah I'm def familiar with it. *Insert ish eating grin here*

p43425:

I would give specific recommendations, but you have so many really great BLs on your PTW list that I hardly know where to start.

Although I virtually never "skip" when watching something for the first time (and also almost never drop unless something is truly unwatchable), I do make liberal use of 2X speed (if available on the app) when things are dragging, so I can get through faster without missing any story.

I forget that I can change it to 2x speed (ノ_-。) maybe I’ll start doing that instead

MeNotYou “LOL! And here the rest of us are always lamenting about them not being long enough, especially the JBLs that are always under 30 min each. *grin*”

i sometimes feel that there aren’t ENOUGH episodes but I do not have the attention span to sit down for fifty five minutes (;﹏;)  and recently I just haven’t had time to watch full length episodes ༼✖∧✖༽

Wrenix:
haha. I see your point. Although I had posted not with the intent to dig for other people's opinions on my own characters LOL I just genuinely wanted to explore the whole shipping mentality and have now have a ton of ai men on my laptop so thought I'd experiment.

Apologies to anyone if they were offended by my post. Take it as more child like curiosity into something that has always fascinated me LOL

But yes. The korean one you mentioned, definitely has Wen's vibe, playful and sensual.

No offence taken here whatsoever and absolutely no need for apologies. I think it's fun doing stuff like this and I find your posts interesting. Makes it feel more like a home  with friends here than just a place you come to chat occasionally with people you don't know. ((Hugs)) Thanks for that.

Sorry I didn't understand the assignment...lol. I looked at those pics with your story in mind and not with a shipping mind, but that said, because I watch so many different types of BLs I don't have any one type of pairing that I prefer over another. For me, the pairing works if the actors they chose fit the character of the story. Period. 

That said, I am kinda getting a little tired of the constant big strong, masculine, muscular guy always being paired with the smaller, softer, physically weaker looking guy, and that clear cut definition of their sexual roles based strictly on those appearances. Give me a couple that you can't pin down that way and if you try to think of their roles, the best you can decide is them being verse...any day of the week. What can I say? It's the writer in me. I like a story 'shown' not 'told' to me. I have a very healthy imagination and I don't need the hand holding...LOL! Why walk on a designated path when you can run wild and freeeeeee! *GRIN*

All caught up with The On1y One now. And I can honestly say that this is my favorite BL this year next to Last Twilight.